Waived: Mike Ribeiro

sighthndlady

Sep 29, 2006
Latest I can find, he was arrested for trespassing in Miami in November. He went into the substance abuse program after the end of the season, but he's been off the wagon at least since August, when he dropped out of sight.

Reactions: klt2001

FilthyScoresberg

Memphis 901
Jul 28, 2015
Memphis
I heard that he still lives in Nashville. Like last week, actually. I also heard about the treatment.. Dude just couldn’t get his shit together.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I heard that he still lives in Nashville. Like last week, actually. I also heard about the treatment.. Dude just couldn’t get his **** together.
I know the rumor was before he signed here that he reached out to the Preds because he was moving here with his family anyway. I think he is/was/whatever pretty good friends with JP Dumont so he was convinced to move here. Maybe he still does I'm not sure. No idea really.

My heart kinda sunk when I saw this thread at the top. Probably because I am under the assumption the next time I hear his name he will be dead or in jail. Hope I'm wrong.
Yeah same here.

Reactions: FierceFalcon

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Well according to this, Ribiero has had a troubled career past for a while which might explain why he was demoted in Nashville if that behavior started to creep back into his play/behind the scene in Nashville. Still think it was just because he was slow and we were wanting to play a fast game and he wasn't able to keep up. Think after being demoted though and his role slowly diminishing he went back to drinking, which caused more problems. RIBIERO’S DISFUNCTIONAL CAREER PATH ROOTED IN CANADIENS BEGINNINGS

Last edited:

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
That's good that he was seen back in Nashville and hanging out w/ Nashville Predator staff at least. If he isn't able to get picked up by another team as a hockey player, maybe he can still have a role w/ the Predators doing something else. I wish and hope the best for him.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I may not have cared for him much but frankly I'm just happy he is alive and kicking. Don't want to see anyone go down like that, not to mention what it does to your family.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
One thing you can say about Ribeiro is despite all the demons he apparently was battling, the guy could flat out produce.

In his 3 years with the Preds (209 games) he averaged 0.66 pts per game. That is only slightly less than Johansen’s numbers since joining the Preds- 0.74 pts per game.

Even in his last year here when he was apparently on a downward spiral, he was still on pace for a 45 point season.

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
One thing you can say about Ribeiro is despite all the demons he apparently was battling, the guy could flat out produce.

In his 3 years with the Preds (209 games) he averaged 0.66 pts per game. That is only slightly less than Johansen’s numbers since joining the Preds- 0.74 pts per game.

Even in his last year here when he was apparently on a downward spiral, he was still on pace for a 45 point season.

He could, but he was one of, if not the, most sheltered players in the league during his time here. He had a ridiculous number of starts in the o-zone.

Reactions: Vali Maki Sushi

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
When he was on his game he was one of my favorite players to watch. Sadly that didn't happen too often.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville

Not sure I've seen a player here get more shit that wasn't deserved than Ribeiro. I don't completely know what it was but so many people's default setting towards the guy was negativity even though his numbers didn't deserve it.

Reactions: Scoresberg

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I don't remember him catching much crap til that last year where everything but his passing was gone.

Sure we complained he wouldn't shoot, but that was more dealing with the obvious than giving him a rough ride.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
He could pass, and that was borderline elite. But the rest of his game was non-existent by the time he was waived. Couldn't find the defensive zone if he was given a Garmin, and he avoided physical play like the plague. It wasn't lack of production that ended his career.

That was Ribs in Milwaukee! He had two fast wings to forecheck and get the puck. He lagggggged.

When a fight broke out, he was standing by the Milwaukee bench. I threw as many checks as he did, and my seat is in the 200 level.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Yup. One reason I don't want my kid playing for them. Nothing to do with the Ribeiros though. Just the fallout from it. (youth hockey politics)

This! And the star struck parents.

I would not want this guy anywhere near coaching kids.

Good on him if he's cleaned up his act but I wouldn't be letting my kid be the one who finds out.

Reactions: FFWRX

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark

Except he was absolutely dreadful in every other metrics.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad