Player Discussion Mike Reilly

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
ceiling is first pair, just based on the tools he as. Realistically, I think we are looking at 3rd pair.

He seems to make the right plays with the puck from time to time, but when it comes to that final play which decides whether he is going to get a point, it just doesn't happen for him.

I'm only worried about the defensive side of his game, he'll be fine offensively. If he can learn to play well positionaly, track his man, and win physical battles he will be a top 4 dman. If not, he may be out of the NHL.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I'm only worried about the defensive side of his game, he'll be fine offensively. If he can learn to play well positionaly, track his man, and win physical battles he will be a top 4 dman. If not, he may be out of the NHL.

I'm also worried about his defensive side. It's another reason why I think he needs to have tangible results on the offensive side because, I just don't ever see the defensive side being his main strength.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal

I'm also worried about his defensive side. It's another reason why I think he needs to have tangible results on the offensive side because, I just don't ever see the defensive side being his main strength.

Of course you could be worried, but hell... he was one of the best and plays has a legit top 4 tonight. Im still convinced that the guy has everything in his IQ to be on our top 4 until the rebuild ....oups... retools

That make me think that the Olofsson trade could be a lot better than what we think

Reactions: Fixxer and 26Mats

Sam of Montreal

May 5, 2007
His skating really is good. I am interested in seeing how he will hold up against teams that forecheck heavily..

Toronto played mostly passive tonight just scoring on their few chances because they have high skill up front. Once we face a fast team with strong forecheckers (kinda like Montreal was tonight actually), I wonder how our defense will hold up (Reilly isn't the only one).

In the meantime, this was a great game for him and I loved the way he can pinch in.

Reactions: Fixxer

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Of course you could be worried, but hell... he was one of the best and plays has a legit top 4 tonight. Im still convinced that the guy has everything in his IQ to be on our top 4 until the rebuild ....oups... retools

That make me think that the Olofsson trade could be a lot better than what we think

I definitely liked his game tonight

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
If he ends up a young top 4 on left side then it's a massive steal for habs organization. We got him for 5th in 2019...
https://hfboards.mandatory.com/thre...-minnesota-for-a-2019-5th-round-pick.2455723/
giphy.gif

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
CJ and staff may have just created a system for the D that suits them.

Take away decision making from a poor group of decision makers and just " quick pass out", and again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad