Player Discussion Mike Reilly

Status
Not open for further replies.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
You'd be right.... if this was 1996.

Teams don't try to annihilate themselves like they did before. There's more hits for sure, but systems focus on puck separation a lot more than pure violence now. As long as he's playing with a bigger player on his right to push players away from Price, I see no reason why he couldn't compete in the playoffs.
Mete was and is still a diminutive player that played his first NHL season at 19 years old. He should have never been put in this situation, but Bergevin. I am expecting Mete to be more comfortable as he plays more game. He's still only 5'8" and about 175 pounds top, very small for a dmen.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Mete was and is still a diminutive player that played his first NHL season at 19 years old. He should have never been put in this situation, but Bergevin. I am expecting Mete to be more comfortable as he plays more game. He's still only 5'8" and about 175 pounds top, very small for a dmen.

too small...short reach, he won't be separating the player from the puck very often, and its hard to protect the puck when you are that small. I know he's heard this his entire career, but look at the top 6 teams that made the playoffs in the East.. they were not small by any means, on the backend. Not super tall, but north of 200lbs at least.

That being said, if we had a mobile backend to compliment Mete, he'll probably be fine. He isn't with the most nimble blueline however.

I'm not sure how comfortable the B's are with 2 small dmen in the rotation, especially if Chara goes away.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
8 pts in 19 games with the Habs last year (pro rates to 35 pts in 82 games). There is a possibility he continues this track cause he will get his opportunity on our roster.

if he plays on the top pairing he's going to put up some points for sure as he's got the skill but you have to be able to live with his defensive mistakes. With the Wild last season he was on pace for 21 pts, and overall he hit career highs across the board as he's never played a full season in the NHL but last year he went from 46 games over 2 years to 57. So there's no telling how good he can be. In his last 2 seasons in the NCAA in 80 games he had 75 pts with his Junior year he led his team in scoring. In 103 AHL games he's got 54 pts but that was spent going back and forth between the NHL/AHL.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
too small...short reach, he won't be separating the player from the puck very often, and its hard to protect the puck when you are that small. I know he's heard this his entire career, but look at the top 6 teams that made the playoffs in the East.. they were not small by any means, on the backend. Not super tall, but north of 200lbs at least.

That being said, if we had a mobile backend to compliment Mete, he'll probably be fine. He isn't with the most nimble blueline however.

I'm not sure how comfortable the B's are with 2 small dmen in the rotation, especially if Chara goes away.
The Bruins have had Krug as their 1D for the past three years, hes exactly the same size as Mete.

The Pens have had Letang and Schultz as their 1D every year they won, both are small.

Reactions: dralaf

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
The Bruins have had Krug as their 1D for the past three years, hes exactly the same size as Mete.

The Pens have had Letang and Schultz as their 1D every year they won, both are small.

that's true, I think thats a bit of a stretch to think he will reach those levels though. But, would be nice.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

Letang is 6ft 200lbs+
Schultz is 6’1ft 200lbs+

I doubt know how you consider them small especially when you’re comparing them with Krug!!

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Theres no chance Letang is 6', I stood next to him and I was towering over him... from atop my 5'11 3/4
:laugh:

They sure like to slide those heights....lol

I remember when they’d post Subban at 6ft...LOL

I towered over him and I’m barely 6’1

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
With all the depth at LD it will be very interesting. I'm thinking that Mete will have to really outperform Reilly if he wants to earn a spot out of camp.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Theres no chance Letang is 6', I stood next to him and I was towering over him... from atop my 5'11 3/4
I'm actually 6'2, not 6 foot claiming to be 6'2, i don't know how many times i heard i'm 6 foot from guys that are about 5'10 and i'm 6'2 from guys that are barely 6 foot. The NHL displayed height stats are not always accurate either.

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009
All the depth? What in the actual ****?

We have NOTHING on the left side.. Only maybes and neverhasbeens

That is the depth, the depth of bottom pairing defensemen battling it out for the top pairing job.
Reilly will be interesting, he started off alright for 8 games but it went down hill from there. See what this season brings I guess.

Reactions: donghabs98

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I'm actually 6'2, not 6 foot claiming to be 6'2, i don't know how many times i heard i'm 6 foot from guys that are about 5'10 and i'm 6'2 from guys that are barely 6 foot. The NHL displayed height stats are not always accurate either.
Ill admit to saying Im 6', but tbh, im a lot more 6' than 5'11

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Not a big fan of this "yet another Marc Bergevin projet" but i like his attitude. Going from his interviews it looks like he realize he's not established yet and it looks like he's willing to fight for his place.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Not a big fan of this "yet another Marc Bergevin projet" but i like his attitude. Going from his interviews it looks like he realize he's not established yet and it looks like he's willing to fight for his place.

Better a confident player than a meek, talented player who won't easily stake a claim on his place on the roster and will defer to veterans for years before playing up to his promise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad