News Article: Mike Hoffman's girlfriend allegedly behind Karlsson Harrassment. Update June15: Hoffman & gf respond

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maple Leaf Forever

Sep 9, 2013
You think someone who plays hockey in the NHL doesn't understand the jersey thing? How do you feel about Ho-Sang?

Same thing ......and where is he in the minors ....Big attitude problems and as his coach said ....a lot of growing up to do .....not surprising he takes that number....

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
I would not use the fact that no police charges have been filed yet as being out of the ordinary. The last I heard the transport driver of the Humbolt crash has not been charged yet either, that does not mean none will be filed in either case

I didn't say it was out of the ordinary, I said it was interesting to note. People are acting like it's guaranteed that she did this. The Karlssons' have filed, as of now, a completely unsubstantiated claim. All I'm saying is that I'm not drawing any firm conclusions without something more (criminal charges, actual evidence, admission, etc). Of course, like everyone else I have a lot of questions on my mind, but I'm definitely not going to be tweeting Hoffman and saying some of the things you can see on twitter right now.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Which poster broke this rumor
here from a month ago:
If Hoffman gets traded at the draft or before July 1st, you know the Sens are making a significant move to keep Karlsson. Either way, expect Hoffman to be gone given some off the ice issues.
I like Hoffman as a player and don't think it would be easy to replace his goal scoring. He really is a game breaker in a lot of ways, and his most productive hockey might be ahead of him.

But I'm just telling you, Karlsson and Hoffman can't be on the same team next year. It won't happen, given off-ice issues.

Not trying to be coy, but I also don't want to throw off-ice dirty laundry into an open forum.

While I'm not sure what is going to happen in the off-season, I'd be absolutely floored if one of Hoffman or Karlsson weren't traded. I'm betting Hoffman, but who knows.

But if Hoffman is traded at the draft, you can bet that is a sign by Dorion to Karlsson's camp that they want to keep him. Even if Karlsson is traded, I'd still be surprised if Hoffman were with the team a year from now.
Fair feedback given my new moniker. I have been Dr. Sens(e) on these boards since the late 90's. Lost the name somehow during a server change or something, as my old e-mail is no longer active.
Broke a few stories in my day, including most recently and well before it went public, the Sens were bidding on Lebreton. Got laughed at pretty hard for that one, which was obviously kind of fun.

The off-ice stuff isn't actually directly between Hoff and EK, as much as it is something significant between their better halves. Let's leave it at that. It has impact beyond those two players, as everyone talks on the team. And it's big enough that it isn't going away, and as a result, there is no way Dorion will have both on the same team next year. Ok, well let me put it another way - there is no way a GM who understood anything about team culture and locker room dynamics would allow both players to be here. Dorion does seem a tad oblivious on the team culture side of things, so who knows.

But at even money, I'd place a pretty significant wager Hoff will be gone and would already be thinking about what I'd spend my winnings on. Plus, I don't think this issue will hurt Hoffman's value per say in trading, and given he's been linked to trades before, it won't be a red flag to trade him all of a sudden.

The 2019 draft is way better than this one. Dorion might go for a 2019 1st rounder, given we're losing ours. That would be a great return.
I like Hoffman as a player and don't think it would be easy to replace his goal scoring. He really is a game breaker in a lot of ways, and his most productive hockey might be ahead of him.

But I'm just telling you, Karlsson and Hoffman can't be on the same team next year. It won't happen, given off-ice issues.

Not trying to be coy, but I also don't want to throw off-ice dirty laundry into an open forum.

While I'm not sure what is going to happen in the off-season, I'd be absolutely floored if one of Hoffman or Karlsson weren't traded. I'm betting Hoffman, but who knows.

But if Hoffman is traded at the draft, you can bet that is a sign by Dorion to Karlsson's camp that they want to keep him. Even if Karlsson is traded, I'd still be surprised if Hoffman were with the team a year from now.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
If she knew, I find it hard to believe Hoffman didn't know.

I mean there is quite a gap between being a ***** and doing what she is alleged to have done.

Damage is done though: Hoffman's been with this gal for 10 years? There is no coming back from this even if it turns out Erik is wrong about the online harassment coming from her.

RyCam

Nov 3, 2016
For what it's worth, perhaps Hoffman doesn't know his gf did this. If he asked her and she denied it, why wouldn't he stick by her.

I know this is giving him the benefit of the doubt and would make some sense if that was the case, but seeing how this is Ottawa Senators related, he likely knows it was her and is in on it.

I find that hard to believe, considering that he shared a locker room with the victim's husband. I would be very surprised if EK hadn't spoken to Hoffman about it once they found out who it was or when they were preparing their case for the restraining order.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
I'm not sure that this guts Hoffman's trade value as much as we might think. He is a proven NHL goal scorer under a pretty cap friendly contract for the next two years - that's all that matters. It was also a pretty open secret that Ottawa might be looking to move him anyway. We were willing to pick up Dany Heatley 13 years ago and he had just killed a guy (albeit accidentally), so I'm pretty sure that a dude with a psycho girlfriend is not a deal breaker either...

He clearly has to leave so every team will be waiting your GM with a big anticipating smile, knowing he doesn't have the advantage.

megalomania

Sep 29, 2010
Switzerland
This franchise just keeps circling and the drains keeps getting deeper and deeper and who knows how much further down there is to go at this point. I'd wish someone would just pull the plug and flush all the shit of this franchise down but that seems unlikely with ownership and management being a big part of it.

I just feel sorry for Karlsson and his wife, what a shitty thing to go through. He's one of the very best players of his generation but instead of further putting his stamp on the league he's the face of a franchise that through no fault of his own has become the laughing stock of the league, lost his unborn child, has been involved with trade rumours and now has to deal with this craziness.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
Yup, just saw that on twitter. Hoffman is denying it, but it looks to be true. If it is, she’s disgusting and if he knew about it while it was happening, then **** him!

In what way does it look to be true? There hasn't been any actual evidence revealed yet.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I find that hard to believe, considering that he shared a locker room with the victim's husband. I would be very surprised if EK hadn't spoken to Hoffman about it once they found out who it was or when they were preparing their case for the restraining order.

Yeah, especially since this goes back to November. Hoffman had to know what was going on.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012

What? Someone else said that they were keeping it quiet so Hoffman and his GF didn't find out they were doing an investigation. Which one is it?

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Pro tip: never deny something >>100%.

It makes you look like a moron with no concept of truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad