Value of: Mike Hoffman to Calgary

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Sens would want Matthew Tkachuk probably.

I get the impression through listening to Dorion and reading what people like Garrioch have written about the situation (writing informed by his "sources"...) that the Senators don't want to force a trade, and if they do make a trade where they move a key player, they want a good young player back.

Good young player translates to player who might not be as good right now, but is a sure thing NHLer, and costs less because of ELC+non-arb RFA years. That's at least my interpretation.

I would do Hamilton+ for Stone.

Gives you guys insurance to either keep Karlsson or trade either him or Ceci.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark

I wouldn't mind that deal to be honest, but I'd still like a RHD back in case. Hamilton, Ferland, and any prospect the Sens want (Janko doesn't count as a prospect anymore) for Stone and Jaros (He's a big RHD prospect).

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013

For Hoffman or Stone?

No way you get Tkachuk for Hoffman, Stone likely with Calgary adding a bit

That doesn't change my answer that the Senators would want Tkachuk. Judging by the things that have been said, they want to get younger if they move a core player. If the Flames wouldn't do it, it just means that Hoffman to the Flames isn't possible

Flamesjustwin

Oct 8, 2010
London ON
That doesn't change my answer that the Senators would want Tkachuk. Judging by the things that have been said, they want to get younger if they move a core player. If the Flames wouldn't do it, it just means that Hoffman to the Flames isn't possible
If the return you are expecting on Hoffman is a player of Tkachuk's promise and level you are going to be very disappointed.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Why the F would we add to Dougie in that case?

That's s brutal deal for value and fit straight up let alone with us adding something?

You seem to really like your players, just keep them all.

Reactions: Boud

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
It's not so much that I like all the Flames players, I would trade a lot of them, but I am not looking to trade our young talent when we aren't close to winning a Cup.

Oh okay, you aren't even interested in Mike Hoffman. Then yeah keep Sam Bennett. He might plug a hole in the future.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Oh okay, you aren't even interested in Mike Hoffman. Then yeah keep Sam Bennett. He might plug a hole in the future.

No with Gaudreau and Tkachuk already there I am not interested in another LHS LWer.

And yes Bennett will definitely plug a hole in the future he already is a key player for the team.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
That's s brutal deal for value and fit straight up let alone with us adding something?

You wouldn't trade Dougie Hamilton for Mark Stone?

Jesus christ you're out of touch with reality.

Sens would not even consider that deal honestly. Mark Stone is one of the best wingers in the game period.

Reactions: Neiler

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
You wouldn't trade Dougie Hamilton for Mark Stone?

Jesus christ you're out of touch with reality.

Sens would not even consider that deal honestly. Mark Stone is one of the best wingers in the game period.

No I wouldn't because all we would do after trading Hamilton is look for a top 4 d-man.

Adding Stone for Hamilton takes this team from a 0% chance at the Cup to a 0% chance at the Cup.

It makes no sense to make that trade.

GuyBoucherEvilGenius

Nov 23, 2017
Broaden the package to Stone + Ceci then so Calgary gets a RD that can play top 4 minutes back.

Stone + Ceci
For
Hamilon + Bennett + Gillies + pick

It may be a futile exercise anyway. I think the Ottawa fans would riot if Stone was moved haha.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
No I wouldn't because all we would do after trading Hamilton is look for a top 4 d-man.

Adding Stone for Hamilton takes this team from a 0% chance at the Cup to a 0% chance at the Cup.

It makes no sense to make that trade.

And the Sens would be looking for a top 6 forward. A stone for Hamilton + trade makes no sense.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
And the Sens would be looking for a top 6 forward. A stone for Hamilton + trade makes no sense.

I think Ottawa and Calgary are bad trading partners. They are both in the same spot where they are looking for NHL ready help and don't want to give up their better NHL level guys.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I think Ottawa and Calgary are bad trading partners. They are both in the same spot where they are looking for NHL ready help and don't want to give up their better NHL level guys.

I agree

Ottawa might be looking to shake things up and trade a guy like Hoffman for a player of similar quality. But as of now they aren't looking to trade roster players for futures.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Dougie Hamilton + Bennett is definitely intereting from Sens POV. Sens could also have interest in Gillies.
I bet it would, but that would never happen, considering we’re talking about Stone and not Karlsson. Trading Hamilton + Bennett for Stone would be like the Sens trading Karlsson for Kessel....it’d never happen.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Sam Bennett hope springs eternal, I see.

He is never going to have anywhere near as much value to anyone else as he does to certain Flames fans.

As a center, definitely not. He's been solid on the wing. I'm not gonna claim he's untouchable, but with the way he's played with Jankowski, I'd definitely try to avoid moving him. Hoffman didn't make it as a regular until he was 25. I don't think it's unreasonable to say Bennett may end up being better (as long as he remains on the wing. I do not want to see him at C again).

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
And yet after a slow start he is outplaying his $8.5M draft mate even though he gets third line ice time.
Drai still has 8 more points in 5 fewer games. Bennett is playing well right now, maybe even currently better than Drai, but seasons have ups and downs so let's not get carried away making such bold declarations when Bennett hasn't caught Drai in production.

Reactions: FlamerForLife

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad