Mike Hoffman | Awarded 1 year, $2M | Post 427

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
i don't think he can be signed to an extension yet

I don't remember the rule exactly, but I thought a player could be extended within a year of their contracts expiry. It might be different with 1yr contracts (or in general, even), but if so, I am pretty sure we could resign him on Jan 1. Anyone know more specifically? I haven't read the CBA in ages :help:

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
I don't remember the rule exactly, but I thought a player could be extended within a year of their contracts expiry. It might be different with 1yr contracts (or in general, even), but if so, I am pretty sure we could resign him on Jan 1. Anyone know more specifically? I haven't read the CBA in ages :help:

1yr deals have to wait to Jan 1.
Multi-year deals I believe can start any time in their final year.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013

1 Yr contracts are January 1st, for extensions.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Signing a guy while he's super hot also doesn't make sense. What if he tails off post-Christmas? Could sign him to a lesser contract. He can't get any hotter than he is now anyway.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
IMO there is no rush. Make sure that Hoff and his agent know their intentions and wait till the season is over.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
If he finishes the season ppg what do you guys think he will sign for in the offseason? 6 million for 5 years?

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
If finishes in top 10 scoring like he is on pace for he can ask for 7, but it would be without term for sure.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
There is certainly many threads about Hoffman being created on the main boards. Another one was created tonight.

All these threads will increase his pay check by 1 million.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
If they aren't willing to resign him, which I'm totally just speculating here, I sure hope they'll move him for a top defensemen.I think Murraywill sign him though and I think he's proving him exactly what he wanted to know.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Anything more than 6M and he probably is in another team's jersey next season.

I'm guessing he slows down and finishes around 60 points, which probably gets him a 5x5 type deal. If he keeps up his pace and demands Ryan-type money, there's no way we can keep him. Harsh reality of being a budget team.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Anything more than 6M and he probably is in another team's jersey next season.

I'm guessing he slows down and finishes around 60 points, which probably gets him a 5x5 type deal. If he keeps up his pace and demands Ryan-type money, there's no way we can keep him. Harsh reality of being a budget team.

we have quite a bit of money coming off the books if we dont resign phillips and wiercioch we can take hoffmans deal and add 4 million right there. only issue with that is we will probably have to get creative in terms of adding a defenceman

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
If they aren't willing to resign him, which I'm totally just speculating here, I sure hope they'll move him for a top defensemen.I think Murraywill sign him though and I think he's proving him exactly what he wanted to know.
TBH i could see that Hoffman being the guy BM dangled to try and get Fowler out of ANA

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00