Mike Hoffman | Awarded 1 year, $2M | Post 427

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Ottawa has 6.8 mil in cap space, + 2 mil that Hoffman currently makes. 7.3 puts them tight to the cap with Ceci, Wideman to sign that year, and Zibanejad the very next.

You're right that we likely match, but we certainly don't want to pay him that much.

They have 50.357m committed to 15 players next year (9F, 4D, 2G):
Lazar, Stone, Ryan, Smith, Michalek, MacArthur, Hammond, Anderson, Borowiecki, Cowen, Methot, Karlsson, Pageau, Zibanejad, and Turris.

Assuming the CAP stays at 71.4:
The Sens have just over 21m to allocate towards Hoffman, Ceci, Chiasson, Wiercioch, Prince, Puempel, Paul, Wideman.

They are fine.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
I remember in the summer I stated that Hoffman was "significantly better than Michalek", and got chastised for it by a couple of posters.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I remember in the summer I stated that Hoffman was "significantly better than Michalek", and got chastised for it by a couple of posters.

Just like some people are too "what have you done for me lately" theres people on the other end of the spectrum that want you to prove it for 5 years before they give you any credit.

For example i still hear "i'd still like to see hoffman do it again to show he can score in this league"....he's been doing it for a 100 games, this isn't some 8 game hot streak.

Hoffman has 44 goals in his last 107 games and doesn't seem to be stopping any time soon.

At some point you have to live in the now and accept he's a top goal scorer in this league.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
wallet, what would you sign him for right now (long term contract)?

I'm still stuck in not knowing what Hoffman is: closer to 5m? or 7-8m? Therefore, I want to wait and see how this season finishes.

He's playing well beyond my expectations (which was to hopefully repeat last season).

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013

I'm still stuck in not knowing what Hoffman is: closer to 5m? or 7-8m? Therefore, I want to wait and see how this season finishes.

He's playing well beyond my expectations (which was to hopefully repeat last season).

5 years, 6 mil each.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004

World Cup Team discussion doesn't hurt either

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4