Value of: Mike Green

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
It is highly likely Detroit sells Mike Green this deadline.
We cannot afford him next year, and he is having a stellar year.

1) What team needs Mike Green?
2) What would be your best offer for him?

Assume our GM will retain salary on the Rental so you can afford to add him.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
i dont understand how detroit can consider letting him go

they are going to run a team with no top 4 dmen?? that destroys development of all their young players in the nhl who have to either make up for his minutes or the forwards who have to play the next few years without puck possesion

Reactions: 72hockey guy

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014

they are going to run a team with no top 4 dmen?? that destroys development of all their young players in the nhl who have to either make up for his minutes or the forwards who have to play the next few years without puck possesion

We don’t want him to go, but how do you:

1: fit him in with both Larkin and Mantha needing new deals. Not to mention AA

2: convince him to stay with a rebuilding team while his time to chase a cup is running out

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON

Our D is a disgrace overall. Green is the only good D man we have.

But we have to let him go, look at our contracts on capfriendly. We would love to resign him trust me.. He has not nearly been as bad defensively as was advertised 3 years ago. We need his money for Larkin and Mantha.
And whether our management likes it or not... its tank time for us.

Daley/Kronwall/Ericsson can help teach before they are too injured to play anymore.
Bottom line our team needs the 1st round pick... (and our window closed years ago).

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
We don’t want him to go, but how do you:

1: fit him in with both Larkin and Mantha needing new deals. Not to mention AA

2: convince him to stay with a rebuilding team while his time to chase a cup is running out

true i guess, detroit is completely screwed without him

i cant believe they have that much cap in on tatar, nyquist, helm, abdelkader, ericsson, and dekeyser long term. unfortunate

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Isn't it time to hand the reigns over to DeKeyser or Ericsson? Kronwall is a shadow of himself and older, and someone has to step up.

Green needs to go to a contender, but the price won't be cheap.

Thinking it starts with a 1st rounder at least.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Green will not only be the best available dman this coming trade deadline, he likely will be the best available player.

The price starts with a 2018 first and only goes UP the more teams interested/involved

This is totally reasonable from every fanbase

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
It is highly likely Detroit sells Mike Green this deadline.
We cannot afford him next year, and he is having a stellar year.

1) What team needs Mike Green?
2) What would be your best offer for him?

Assume our GM will retain salary on the Rental so you can afford to add him.

Leafs could use Mike Green. The price has to be a 1st round pick. Not sure if the Leafs will pay it, or if Detroit could get better. But that price has been pretty well established in other threads.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Isn't it time to hand the reigns over to DeKeyser or Ericsson? Kronwall is a shadow of himself and older, and someone has to step up.

Green needs to go to a contender, but the price won't be cheap.

Thinking it starts with a 1st rounder at least.

Ericsson and Kronwall are both injury prone. Kronwall may even retire after this year as well... and if not after this year, he has maybe 1 year left to retirement. Ericsson is maybe 2-3 years from retirement due to his injuries.

Dekeyser / Daley will be our "top pairing".... ya its tank time.

Last edited by a moderator:

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Realistically a 1st OR Liljegren would be a great starting point. I know that Nylander/Marner are not on the table in the real world.

Would Liljegren/Dermott, 2nd + 2nd be of interest to Red Wing fans?

:teach:

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Would Liljegren/Dermott, 2nd + 2nd be of interest to Red Wing fans?

:teach:

Gotta give to get.....a poster on here told me that once.

And to get real for a second, why would we trade our best D prospect in Liljgren+ a 2nd for an older offensive D on his last year under contract when we could probably land him with our 1st that may be later than the 17th pick we stole Liljgren with? Yes, i am unrealistic.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Re: Post #14

Just trying to gauge interest from "RED WING FANS" to see what they think it would take.

Personally I'm OK with waiting for our prospects to develop, but I was curious nonetheless.

I cannot speak for Leafs management of course, but perhaps they want to go for it this year. Some fans do for sure.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON

Just trying to gauge interest from "RED WING FANS" to see what they think it would take.

Personally I'm OK with waiting for our prospects to develop, but I was curious nonetheless.

I cannot speak for Leafs management of course, but perhaps they want to go for it this year. Some fans do for sure.

IMHO what it would take is at minimum:

1st round pick
OR
nice prospect

Also I think we HAVE to move Green, so we will take best offer available. If ONLY the leafs want Green, and NO other team even puts in an offer. I suppose we settle for 2 2nds or something like that.

But if there are 2+ teams involved I would imagine 1st round pick is minimum.

If there are 3-4 teams interested... things get really nice for us!

Of course I do not have any idea how many teams might be interested.

So far I have seen Leafs interest in this thread, but no one else.

Reactions: Primetime8

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto

So I thinking the starting price is going to be a first round pick for Green with just enough retention to be under the cap and that's honestly pretty fair. Because of the way the deadline works my bet is the final price is

Contender: Green w/retention
Detroit: 2018 1st+2019 3rd+mediocre D prospect+1 year cap dump to fix any remaining cap issues.

The D prospect I see as either being a safe bet to make it but probably a 3rd liner or (hopefully) a long shot to make it but with top 4 potential. The 3rd and prospect represent deadline price inflation and the cost of cap space.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
1st + throwaway prospect or
2nd + legit prospect

Rather the first but Whatever

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
He's worth a pick in the 20-35 range or a comparable prospect.

Personally from the Islanders I'd offer either the NYI 1st or Ryan Pulock straight across. That probably won't be a popular opinion though.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
So I thinking the starting price is going to be a first round pick for Green with just enough retention to be under the cap and that's honestly pretty fair. Because of the way the deadline works my bet is the final price is

Contender: Green w/retention
Detroit: 2018 1st+2019 3rd+mediocre D prospect+1 year cap dump to fix any remaining cap issues.

The D prospect I see as either being a safe bet to make it but probably a 3rd liner or (hopefully) a long shot to make it but with top 4 potential. The 3rd and prospect represent deadline price inflation and the cost of cap space.
I think adding the prospect might be a bit much. I could see:
1st+3rd+expiring contract (cap reasons). I don't think Detroit would need to retain if they are taking back a dump.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
I think adding the prospect might be a bit much. I could see:
1st+3rd+expiring contract (cap reasons). I don't think Detroit would need to retain if they are taking back a dump.

1st + fehr + 4th
or 1st + trevor moore

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
I am hoping for a 1st round pick. His defense is bad, any Wings fan saying other wise has their homer glasses on.

After that MTL game I was wondering if his trade value dropped.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
He's worth a pick in the 20-35 range or a comparable prospect.

Personally from the Islanders I'd offer either the NYI 1st or Ryan Pulock straight across. That probably won't be a popular opinion though.
My first choice would be to see if there is a deal out there for a D with 1-2 more yrs left on his contract becauseDe Hasn,Hickey and Green will be ufas .
If the isles do join the bidding for Green, I would rather see the pick traded instead of Pulock. The pick would be a few years from contributing, while Pulock can help now.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Similar to what shattenkirk got. He's a 3rd pairing D on a good team but good offensively and a PP QB.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad