Value of: Mike Green

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
My first choice would be to see if there is a deal out there for a D with 1-2 more yrs left on his contract becauseDe Hasn,Hickey and Green will be ufas .
If the isles do join the bidding for Green, I would rather see the pick traded instead of Pulock. The pick would be a few years from contributing, while Pulock can help now.

That's actually why I'd rather trade Pulock... even after moving Hamonic, there is going to be a logjam with Toews and Aho pushing hard to make the NHL. I think Mike Green would sign here if the Islanders trade for him, it's just a matter of how much he wants and does it fit Garths cap structure going forward.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
IMHO what it would take is at minimum:

1st round pick
OR
nice prospect

If ONLY the leafs want Green, and NO other team even puts in an offer.

So far I have seen Leafs interest in this thread, but no one else.

1st + throwaway prospect or
2nd + legit prospect

Rather the first but Whatever

I think the return would likely be higher than that IMHO. Generally, I think you'll find more teams that are interested as interest in defenders tends to be high, both at the TDL and in general.

There's lots of fellow Leaf fans, so I wouldn't put much emphasis or worry on that.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
i dont understand how detroit can consider letting him go

they are going to run a team with no top 4 dmen?? that destroys development of all their young players in the nhl who have to either make up for his minutes or the forwards who have to play the next few years without puck possesion

Werent most defending Dekeysey as a legit top 4 dman?

If not, then what the hell was Holland thinking in giving him $5 per long term?

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Werent most defending Dekeysey as a legit top 4 dman?

If not, then what the hell was Holland thinking in giving him $5 per long term?

He fit Babcock’s system like a glove and looks terrible in Blashill’s, though I think he was overpaid by 500k-1m regardless

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
He fit Babcock’s system like a glove and looks terrible in Blashill’s, though I think he was overpaid by 500k-1m regardless
Or, like a lot of players, they regress after their first year. The idea of the sophomore slump exists for a reason. Some people break out, others don't.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Or, like a lot of players, they regress after their first year. The idea of the sophomore slump exists for a reason. Some people break out, others don't.

You mean his sophomore year where he put up 31 points as Detroit’s most reliable Dman? Dekeyser played 150 games before his career took a nose dive under Blashill

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
That's actually why I'd rather trade Pulock... even after moving Hamonic, there is going to be a logjam with Toews and Aho pushing hard to make the NHL. I think Mike Green would sign here if the Islanders trade for him, it's just a matter of how much he wants and does it fit Garths cap structure going forward.

Pulock for Green works for me. And I do think he would re-sign.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Leafs could use Mike Green. The price has to be a 1st round pick. Not sure if the Leafs will pay it, or if Detroit could get better. But that price has been pretty well established in other threads.

I think there will be many other defensemen that would be a much better fit for the Maple Leafs than Mike Green.

I think it would be a mistake for Toronto to target Green.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I think there will be many other defensemen that would be a much better fit for the Maple Leafs than Mike Green.

I think it would be a mistake for Toronto to target Green.
Not sure what other D would be available. I do agree, would prefer a more D first type top 4 upgrade.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Pulock for Green works for me. And I do think he would re-sign.

i wouldnt do that

a 32 year old 6m defender in decline vs a 23 year old 1st round pick on an entry level contract

everyone knows it takes defenders time to develop

if snow made that trade Id fire him

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
The Isles are refusing to give De Haan, a solid #3, $5m per.
I have serious doubts they give a declining Green( $6m per) ,the big money he will be asking for on his next deal.

ellusive

Dec 21, 2009
Isn't it time to hand the reigns over to DeKeyser or Ericsson? Kronwall is a shadow of himself and older, and someone has to step up.

Green needs to go to a contender, but the price won't be cheap.

Thinking it starts with a 1st rounder at least.
Can't tell if you're joking

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
if detroit gets pulock for him, i think the isles will be regretting that trade for the next 10 years

i truly do

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
It's the same reason i don't to deal Liljgren....would do a 1st though.
It's a fools game. We all know the position takes time to learn but for some reason fans won't accept that mistakes are part of the process. Not one of us ate Steak out of the womb. We all started with baby food. Why is it so hard to accept

Reactions: Liferleafer

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
He's worth a pick in the 20-35 range or a comparable prospect.

Personally from the Islanders I'd offer either the NYI 1st or Ryan Pulock straight across. That probably won't be a popular opinion though.

Any chance you'd make it CGY's first?

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
I'd guess Green's TDL value is a 1st and a 3rd (or other picks/prospects that add up to about the value of a 3rd).

I doubt you'd see as big of a conditional pick value included, if any, as we saw in the Shattenkirk deal, as Shatty was a hotter UFA target.

Reactions: PhiladelphiaKessel

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I'd guess Green's TDL value is a 1st and a 3rd (or other picks/prospects that add up to about the value of a 3rd).

I doubt you'd see as big of a conditional pick value included, if any, as we saw in the Shattenkirk deal, as Shatty was a hotter UFA target.

Somebody on here the other day was willing to give up a 1st and a conditional 2nd if he re-signed. I wish that guy was a GM. I'd take it in a heartbeat.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017

To add, everyone knew there was a very slim chance that Shattenkirk would re-sign there.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I think Toronto will be in on him and I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up a Leaf either at the deadline or in free agency

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad