Mike Babcock "Hyman is the best forechecker in hockey."

coupe93

Dec 15, 2009
He's an excellent fore-checker no question about it, and wins a large share of his board battles also. I hope his hands on the offensive side of the puck catches up with this part of his game. Very underappreciated IMO.

Highmarker

Oct 31, 2011
seems like Leaf fans like to rip on this guy but the few times he's played Edmonton i thought he looked like a pretty good player.

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
Yes. Perfect match for Matthews. Like Kunitz with Crosby, Hyman might play the majority of his career with Matthews.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
He tries hard and is good at disrupting the opposition but he's so hopeless when he gets the puck it's almost not even worth it

Stopsight

Oct 9, 2013
Hawaii
I love the "Coach compliments own player hyperbolically" threads.
I look forward to parts two and three in the hockey news cycle, "Crosby names some other player 'best in the league'" and "Gretzky says current player 'better than he ever was' "

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
seems like Leaf fans like to rip on this guy but the few times he's played Edmonton i thought he looked like a pretty good player.

I think a lot of people rip him based on his offensive skill or lack of it more accurately. There is little doubt in most Leaf fans minds that he has some great skills. The problem a lot of Leaf fans have is that he has absolutely no finish.
That being said Babcock has a philosophy in regards to the type of player he is and how he helps Matthews so there is little to no reason in debating it as the only fan he needs is Babcock and he's got him locked up.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
he had a pretty bad shooting percentage last season, so that's oughta change

i'm expecting 30-35 points for him

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
he had a pretty bad shooting percentage last season, so that's oughta change

i'm expecting 30-35 points for him

If he's stapled to the Matthews-Willy line all season it would honestly be pretty embarrassing if he didn't hit that.

Guy handles the puck like a live grenade, if he spent 8 hours a day stick handling this offseason maybe he'll be a super star haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad