Player Discussion Mika Zibanejad [Warning Post #3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Really feel for the guy. Was excited when he scored that goal but the NFL 2.0 says the goal should be overturned. But had a good game so hopefully he builds onto that .

SensEnforcer

Nov 23, 2008
Melbourne
Sens fan coming in peace, was checking up on how zibby has been doing and by reading your posts he hasn't changed. Streaky scorer that when he is on his game makes you love him but then can disappear and look soft and non-caring. He has alot of potential he just needs to make that jump.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Sens fan coming in peace, was checking up on how zibby has been doing and by reading your posts he hasn't changed. Streaky scorer that when he is on his game makes you love him but then can disappear and look soft and non-caring. He has alot of potential he just needs to make that jump.

It doesn't help that he broke his fibula and was out for a while too.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I think Zib will be fine but Im still wondering why his hit numbers dropped so dramaticley. Could it be because of a Radas caused concussion last season?

NYROrtsFan

Feb 1, 2007
I've learned to like Zibs. Hope the wrist is good too because being healthy is only going to help him. I like his size and length. He plays a well rounded game and I especially like his tendency to use quick passing. Always feel like the best way to break down a defense is to quickly move the puck and in general he's great with that.

Just needs time and health and the dude will put up solid numbers.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Probably just a good #2C and not much more. He'll probably produce similar to slightly less than Stepan at his peak. A few more goals, a few less assists.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Probably just a good #2C and not much more. He'll probably produce similar to slightly less than Stepan at his peak. A few more goals, a few less assists.

Zibs has better size, better speed, is better at faceoffs and has a harder shot than Stepan. Stepan is so much better than Zibs when it comes to making and receiving passes. Stepan is very good at both while Zibs has shown major issues with both at times this season.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Stepan is definitely better at this point in time. I dont think many people would deny that.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Stepan is definitely better at this point in time. I dont think many people would deny that.

Zib missed two months of the season. Zib before the injury was so much better than Stepan, not even close. Zib has better potential. Stepan is as good as he'll get right now.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Zib missed two months of the season. Zib before the injury was so much better than Stepan, not even close. Zib has better potential. Stepan is as good as he'll get right now.

Zibanejad was better offensively. That's about it. Hockey is about more than just scoring goals

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011

Zibs had issues with pucks bouncing off his stick for 3 weeks before his injury. Zibs has some very impressive tools but he has to soften his hands. Too many plays end up bouncing off his stick.

Jan 8, 2012
NY

How was he better while scoring less than Stepan and being worse defensively?

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
Zbads is going to be good for us started off better then Brass did. but he isn't better then Stepan thats for sure

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
0 powerplay goals this season. How is this possible?! At this rate and the way he's playing looking like a disappointment.
Hope he turns his game around we need him especially with the way stepan and Hayes have been garbage offensively for a good while now

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
He is only 23. When Kreider was 23 he was also very inconsistent.

Good point. This really is a transition year. I am still surprised Gorton didn't try to get an contracts that were going to be expiring by the end of next season just to drag a pick out of someone--like waht the Leafs did when they started the rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad