Player Discussion Mika Zibanejad [Warning Post #3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Great timely goal, still thought his game tonight, as a whole, was weak again

Outside of Nash, Vesey, and some flashes from Zucc and even Glass, all the forwards were pretty meh. Glad he was able to capitalize on that goal.

member 116805

Outside of Nash, Vesey, and some flashes from Zucc and even Glass, all the forwards were pretty meh. Glad he was able to capitalize on that goal.

Agreed. The two stand outs tonight were Nash and Raanta in my opinion

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
I think his play at the beginning of the season lead to heightened expectations. At even strength I think this is basically the player he is right now. On the PP however he needs to be a lot better.

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
Brass just reminded me why I cried when he was traded. Mika would have fanned on that shot.

Last edited:

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Just saw the Brass goal. EK served that up on a platter...but if it was Zibanejad receiving that EK pass, he'd have blasted it wide and the puck would have wrapped around the boards and out of the zone. Good for Brass.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Just saw the Brass goal. EK served that up on a platter...but if it was Zibanejad receiving that EK pass, he'd have blasted it wide and the puck would have wrapped around the boards and out of the zone. Good for Brass.

I remember yesterday, Skjei basically gifted I think it was Grabner, a goal that he just fanned on. :cry:

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013

NFN but most pee wee B players would have put that in. Well, maybe pee wee A.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
I wonder when people will get over trading Brassard? You'd think we traded away Wayne Gretzky in his prime the way people talk here.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
I wonder when people will get over trading Brassard? You'd think we traded away Wayne Gretzky in his prime the way people talk here.

His personality was/is great. Not a big guy and not much of a talker off the nice, but never took ****, and yapped at everyone on the ice. Totally hilarious the way he'd go off on opponents. Clutch Playoff performer, which is a great way to get people to love you. Also very passionate about his game...had great cellys. Was part of a social crew (Hags & Zuuc) that was often featured in Rangers' extracurricular videos. I totally enjoyed Brass when he was here.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014

why can't we bring him up? He was probably the most clutch playoff player we had since Mark Messier. So when he scores a huge goal today of course hes gonna be mentioned. Since the majority feel like we robbed ottawa blind in that trade its normal zibby's name is going to be brought up.
I mean people still bring up Anton Stralman Like hes Nick Lidstrom at his best (and im not bashing Stralman he was terrific for us but so was brassard in playoffs).

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
With the way people describe's Zibanejad's inaccurate shot, I'm stunned that he has a better career sh% than Brassard...

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
With the way people describe's Zibanejad's inaccurate shot, I'm stunned that he has a better career sh% than Brassard...

It's almost like people forget that the same exact inaccuracy issues plagued Brassard throughout his entire stint in Columbus. Recency bias is fun though.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
It's almost like people forget that the same exact inaccuracy issues plagued Brassard throughout his entire stint in Columbus. Recency bias is fun though.

It's almost like shooting % doesn't count missed shots. Who misses a higher % of shots? I honestly don't know.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Just looking at Missed Shots
/ missed + total (so does not include blocks) since 12-13:

Brass misses the net 23.7% of the time
Z misses 32.1% of the time

Is that stat significant? Probably but idk.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Did anyone else notice the 3 great chances Mika created in overtime last night? When Brassard first became a Ranger there were plenty of people on here who didn't even consider him a top-6 center. He hit 45 points in his 1st season and was the 3rd line center. Mika is younger, better, has more responsibility, and had a major injury during the season.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Did anyone else notice the 3 great chances Mika created in overtime last night? When Brassard first became a Ranger there were plenty of people on here who didn't even consider him a top-6 center. He hit 45 points in his 1st season and was the 3rd line center. Mika is younger, better, has more responsibility, and had a major injury during the season.

Well said, just to add it's been only two games. Plus, all 4 lines scored including his in this series so far. Offense is not the issue in this series. Think the lines have been buzzing. They let that game slip away, Montreal was desperate to tie this series. I expect a great game from Mika and the team tomorrow. Sorry if I'm too optimistic. Lol.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013

He's not better than Brassard at all. Not yet anyway.

I wouldnt say he has more responsibility either. We leaned on Brassard to deliver in the playoffs, which im being told by everyone that is everything that matters, and he delivered in spades. Not sure how you can take more responsiblity than that.

We traded for Zibanejad for the potential upside. This season has not been what we hoped, it is what it is for now.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
He's not better than Brassard at all. Not yet anyway.

I wouldnt say he has more responsibility either. We leaned on Brassard to deliver in the playoffs, which im being told by everyone that is everything that matters, and he delivered in spades. Not sure how you can take more responsiblity than that.

We traded for Zibanejad for the potential upside. This season has not been what we hoped, it is what it is for now.

Him being out for a good amount of the season due to injury and then the lingering effects can't be ignored.

A full season will be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad