Boomerville
giphy.gif

:laugh:

:laugh: My life everyday.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
So Zibanejad was amazing tonight. Could have easily scored more than the two he had. Looked like a legit 1C.
He looked motivated and was shooting the puck. I don't think he looked like a legit #1C just because he could have had 3 or so goals. Hopefully his play carries through-out the season as we need a motivated player like that, but I didn't see legit #1C from him last night.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
He looked motivated and was shooting the puck. I don't think he looked like a legit #1C just because he could have had 3 or so goals. Hopefully his play carries through-out the season as we need a motivated player like that, but I didn't see legit #1C from him last night.

His line dominated play, especially as the game progressed. It was obvious he was part and parcel to them carrying the play like that. If they do that in the majority of the games his line will be the best line of the team by far, handily making him a first line center.

What does he need to do, score while standing on his head blindfolded?

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
His line dominated play, especially as the game progressed. It was obvious he was part and parcel to them carrying the play like that. If they do that in the majority of the games his line will be the best line of the team by far, handily making him a first line center.

What does he need to do, score while standing on his head blindfolded?
apparently he needs to score 4 goals a game to be a #1 center

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
apparently he needs to score 4 goals a game to be a #1 center
Clearly not, as I said just because he scored doesn't meant he looked like a legit #1c.

Being a #1 and looking like a legit #1C aren't the same thing. He did a lot of nice things. I'm hoping he brings this every night, or at least somewhat consistently, but a legit 1C? Time will tell, I suppose.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Man, Mika has an amazing game and the most he gets a thread bump where he gets negative things about him. I guess I wasn't overly positive because I said that I hope he keeps it up as he's disappeared before. But I'd like to have some discussion about his awesome game.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
Mika is on track. He showed well last season despite the serious injury that disrupted his season. I like the balance of his game as he has always demonstrated defensive awareness to go with his talent. So glad Gorton made that deal.

Reactions: Ori

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Can't wait to rock my new Mika jersey tomorrow! Really have high hopes for this guy.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
So what's different? Why are his shots not missing the net so far? Is it confidence? Did he work on it this offseason? He's been a revelation.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I understand Miller played well as C and may remain there as we are nicely stocked at Ws.
Obviously, Zib and Kreider and lights out.

I continue to say, make a dominant line:
Kreider Miller and righty shot Zib

We have enough for the other pivot slots
and
I think we can do Desharnais + Holden + lesser pick
to Wings for Helm + 2nd
giving them cap relief and us upgrade + asset for Holden

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
So what's different? Why are his shots not missing the net so far? Is it confidence? Did he work on it this offseason? He's been a revelation.

Confidence and maybe just been working on his shot over the break. Regardless, hope he keeps it up!

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017

The difference is that he is getting his shot on net.

He is scoring at over at over 26% of his shots. Obviously that won't continue. He normally scores at just under 12% (over the last 4 seasons).

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
Clearly not, as I said just because he scored doesn't meant he looked like a legit #1c.

Being a #1 and looking like a legit #1C aren't the same thing. He did a lot of nice things. I'm hoping he brings this every night, or at least somewhat consistently, but a legit 1C? Time will tell, I suppose.
he is 24 i believe and has the skill level to produce #1 center numbers....my comment was more a little fun jab then anything else

obviously this season is a small sample size and i dont expect him to keep this up the entire year but he can be a low end #1 center which isnt a bad thing

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I understand Miller played well as C and may remain there as we are nicely stocked at Ws.
Obviously, Zib and Kreider and lights out.

I continue to say, make a dominant line:
Kreider Miller and righty shot Zib

We have enough for the other pivot slots
and
I think we can do Desharnais + Holden + lesser pick
to Wings for Helm + 2nd
giving them cap relief and us upgrade + asset for Holden

Who would play center in this scenario? We hardly have enough centers as it is even with Zib playing there. Chytil, right or wrong, is not going to get consistent minutes if he even lasts the next 6 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese