Player Discussion Mika Zibanejad [Warning Post #3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2012
NY
No, just factually incorrect.

You're right, Malkin exploded in the first round. Second leading scorer and first non-Penguin sounds pretty good too.

The point is, Brassard is a proven playoff performer, and that's why some people including myself had a hard time getting over the trade.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
You're right, Malkin exploded in the first round. Second leading scorer and first non-Penguin sounds pretty good too.

The point is, Brassard is a proven playoff performer, and that's why some people including myself had a hard time getting over the trade.

Fanboy

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Guilty.

Doesn't mean I don't want Zibby to outscore the **** out of Brassard in this series though. He's well on his way. :yo:

I loved getting Brassard. I loved watching him develop into a quality top 6 player. He give us plenty of greasy moments in his time here. And I loved trading for Zibs. I'll feel the same thing if/when Stepan/Nash/Zucc get moved in a similar fashion.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
I loved getting Brassard. I loved watching him develop into a quality top 6 player. He give us plenty of greasy moments in his time here. And I loved trading for Zibs. I'll feel the same thing if/when Stepan/Nash/Zucc get moved in a similar fashion.

I enjoyed Brassard's tenure here a lot. It happened to coincide with a lot of winning and memorable playoff runs. He was a large part of all of those. The group of him, Zucc, and Hags was also the one most commonly featured in any off-ice videos. With his personality on the bench and energy on the ice, it seemed like many nights it was the duo of him and Zucc who would get the team going.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
Mika said:
“When I play on my instincts more than try to think out there,” he candidly told New York reporters after Tuesday’s dominant performance, “[it] works better for me. I’m not as passive – something that has been brought up before. That’s what I’m trying to [do] with my game there – and it seems to be working.”

The above is so telling. It is such good advice, as I have always known. Stop the studied thinking 'system' stuff all the time. Make defense part of your game and be responsible but shed some of those layers of over-coaching.
It wasn't AV or Scott Arniel or whoever that got them where they are, it is their talent, and they need to tap into their instinct. Use it freely and loosen up out there.
Chris Kreider would be well advised to play more like a hockey player, and tap into the more primal part of his being. He might learn something from Mika, who is consistently playing well game after game now.

Last edited:

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge

giphy.gif

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Great. Now that his song is out, he can back to focusing on hockey every waking minute. No more distractions.

:sarcasm:

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
Certainly not the best EDM song that'll come out today, but still surprisingly solid, especially for his first release. Good on him for giving it a shot!

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Wasn't really in to it. Im waiting on Dan Giradi's acoustic solo before buying the cd.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
yeah for the record thats not my kinda music whatsoever..and i wouldnt listen to it in the car..but i can appreciate it for what it is..

hes got talent.

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
Why is this the funniest thing to me? Is that for real? Pretty good song regardless. Should be the new goal song! :sarcasm: Eager to hear what he has in store for the team for a Christmas collab.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
I don't like EDM at all so I was a little surprised when I listened to it and thought it sucked

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I listen to EDM casually, it's not bad by any means. More of a chill vibe rather than a club vibe. Could see Sirius XM Chill playing it for sure.

Definitely not a great track, but I've heard way way worse. I give it a 6/10.

Now get on the ice you schlub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad