Player Discussion Mika Zibanejad [Warning Post #3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
It's Buchmagic that makes that line go.

Buys time & space. You see just how daft Buch is at creating time and space for these two.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
It's Buchmagic that makes that line go.

Buys time & space. You see just how daft Buch is at creating time and space for these two.

hes absolutely incredible at area passes...just throws the puck into areas that only our guys can get to...its really amazing to watch.

You 'Orns!
Feb 11, 2004
Mannahatta
i think chemistry is a big deal here too...people always ignore it...i feel like he kreider and buch just have magical chemistry...theyre not the best defensively, but offensively they are terrific.

deploy them as such.
I thought Ziba was quite good defensively, especially on one play in OT where he tracked back to snuff a potential odd-man rush as the Habs entered the zone. Or maybe I'm letting one good play cloud my assessment.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
I thought Ziba was quite good defensively, especially on one play in OT where he tracked back to snuff a potential odd-man rush as the Habs entered the zone. Or maybe I'm letting one good play cloud my assessment.

Butcher was also coming back on defense and made some good plays.

The KBZ line looked good reunited, and they had some great opportunities.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Broken play in OT and lucky as hell goal and the guy can do no wrong again?

So if you won't credit him for a broken play goal which still was a nice finish then you should credit him for the Kreider flub on a beautiful saucer pass tape to tape that Kreider mistimed.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
LOL, this was posted on the Playoff photo shop thread.....

DJ Mika

gXEZBT1.png

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Completely agree with people about keeping this line together. These three are a treat to watch offensively, and if kept together for a full season, could each reach or top 60 points, I think.

They aren't great defensively, besides Zibanejad, who I think is pretty underrated defensively, but so what? Deploy them as the first line offensively. Kreider's speed, drives to the net and ability to hunt in front of the net adds one type of game, Zibanejad's more defensively responsible game helps out the other two and he differentiates from the other two in that he's almost always looking for space to set up for a one timer. Buchnevich's desire to hold onto the puck, create space for himself and then find teammates with very good all-around passing ability and pass-first mentality can set up these two pretty well. And they are all pretty dynamic. Its not like watching Stepan, lets say, who's good, but is a boring offensive player.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
You'd think that Tupac would still be alive if Zibanejad shot at him by reading the threads here the past few days.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Mika led the entire team in points in the 1st series, 4 points in 6 games. Not too shabby.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
IMHO Mika was the rangers best player tonight...he was an absolute force...its worth noting that Brassgod has been awfully quiet so far.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Good because Brass fanboys can be so annoying.

Almost as annoying as calling anyone who likes a player a "fanboy." Save that **** for the Apple fanboys.

Zib has been great against Ottawa, no doubt. He looks more engaged and is hustling more than I've seen from him all season. Still lots of hockey left in this series though.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Almost as annoying as calling anyone who likes a player a "fanboy." Save that **** for the Apple fanboys.

Zib has been great against Ottawa, no doubt. He looks more engaged and is hustling more than I've seen from him all season. Still lots of hockey left in this series though.

I loved Brass as much as the next guy but that trade is a win for the Rangers. When people say stuff like 'i wish we had Brass' it does make them sound like fanboys.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
I loved Brass as much as the next guy but that trade is a win for the Rangers. When people say stuff like 'i wish we had Brass' it does make them sound like fanboys.

"I wish we had the leading scorer of the first round" sounds fanboyish to you?

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Mika likely had one of his best games as a Ranger. Was disappointed he got robbed of an assist on Grabs's goal. Only because points are measured around here as success or not, which is crazy. Zucc may have had more points, but Mika was the better player. He was a friggin beast. Also though his two way game was outstanding and was a pick pocket with the puck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad