Confirmed with Link: Mika Zibanejad Re-Signed 2 Years: AAV 2.6M

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
The Doc has to rent an Arena sell tickets for 100 a pop, pack the place to watch him work... Send him my way for a small consulting fee I will help him out

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
It's a little funny how Zibanejad has become a forgotten man around here & we don't see the high projections for him we once saw. Not quite sure what to make of him but I guess there are still a few who think he will pass Turris as the #1 centre on this team. I'm just not quite sure it will be this yr either as Turris enters his prime & could continue to get even better. I still think it would be to Zibanejad's benefit to play with Stone & Hoffman, hopefully he will get that chance eventually.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
It's a little funny how Zibanejad has become a forgotten man around here & we don't see the high projections for him we once saw. Not quite sure what to make of him but I guess there are still a few who think he will pass Turris as the #1 centre on this team. I'm just not quite sure it will be this yr either as Turris enters his prime & could continue to get even better. I still think it would be to Zibanejad's benefit to play with Stone & Hoffman, hopefully he will get that chance eventually.

I don't think he is forgotten. It is still highly up for debate whether he will surpass Turris for the #1C or not. The fact that he is 22 years old makes his next for years of progression very intriguing. All the Stone Calder and Hoffman arbitration talk has shifted focus away from Zib.

A guy who we don't talk about at all? That's Mac.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I don't think he is forgotten. It is still highly up for debate whether he will surpass Turris for the #1C or not. The fact that he is 22 years old makes his next for years of progression very intriguing. All the Stone Calder and Hoffman arbitration talk has shifted focus away from Zib.

A guy who we don't talk about at all? That's Mac.

What I find interesting is that it's so easy to forget that Zibby is still so young. He's younger than Mark Stone, Pageau, Prince and Puempel. The only two guys younger than him are Lazar and Ceci. Zibby could very well come in and have a 50-60 point season and that would technically be at the same age as Stone last year who posted 64 pts.

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
The only thing about Zibby is I've yet to see him take over a shift just by himself. When we drafted him I remember his comparison was Ryan Kesler and Pierre kept talking about how he's tough to contain and he doesn't play nice on the ice however I have yet to see that side of him. He is way too passive on the ice and I just don't see the heart.

Im not saying I want him to be laying out open ice hits (like he did against Larsson in Sweden) but I would like him to show the same passion he had playing for Sweden at the World Jr's, at least during the playoffs. I cant help but think that if Alfie had been around for one more year he could have gotten that fire into Zibby and set a better example than whoever he's idolizing. Maybe its because of Zibby hitting the market a few too many times but he just doesn't seem as interested in playing to his full potential.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
The only thing about Zibby is I've yet to see him take over a shift just by himself. When we drafted him I remember his comparison was Ryan Kesler and Pierre kept talking about how he's tough to contain and he doesn't play nice on the ice however I have yet to see that side of him. He is way too passive on the ice and I just don't see the heart.

Im not saying I want him to be laying out open ice hits (like he did against Larsson in Sweden) but I would like him to show the same passion he had playing for Sweden at the World Jr's, at least during the playoffs. I cant help but think that if Alfie had been around for one more year he could have gotten that fire into Zibby and set a better example than whoever he's idolizing. Maybe its because of Zibby hitting the market a few too many times but he just doesn't seem as interested in playing to his full potential.

Too passive, yes. Not enough jam and desire/fire in his belly. BUT he is still young and has great potential.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Don't forget, Zibby only got a 2-year bridge deal. If he wants the real payday, he has to bring it for the next two seasons and reach the next level. Hopefully, that will put some fire in his belly.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

Someone direct this kind gentleman to Zibanejad vs Boston and WPG 2 years ago and Zibanejad vs Vancouver last year and some other stuff here and there.

I've posted countless shifts where Zibanejad has taken over. Watch this season against Ana, LA the man was absolute animal up against top competition and had some brilliant shifts.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Someone direct this kind gentleman to Zibanejad vs Boston and WPG 2 years ago and Zibanejad vs Vancouver last year and some other stuff here and there.

I've posted countless shifts where Zibanejad has taken over. Watch this season against Ana, LA the man was absolute animal up against top competition and had some brilliant shifts.

Careful. The fact that you can remember a few standout games and strong shifts helps make his point. I think Z-Bad has tremendous room for growth but he'll have to do what we've seen from him in certain games nearly every night. He has all the physical tools he just needs to bring it every night.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary

Zibby reminds me a lot of Hossa, regarding style of play. They both sort of started out passive and worked their way into a more aggressive game. I think Zib will be just fine and there will be points where he takes over the ice.

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere

He's had some strong games where he's showcased his physicality but I do agree with you in some ways that he plays too "nice" out there. He has the physical tools to be a real force out there but he doesn't always use it consistently enough as yet. Granted it's hard for any player to be "on" like that every game but I think he needs to make it a point to use his body more for sure. I think some of it can be chalked up to still being so young but he definitely has another gear he hasn't hit as yet.

I truly think when he finally figures it out he can be 70 point player in this league. He has all the tools to reach that level. Fortunately for us he still has time to show that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad