Jun 9, 2004
Ottawa
minus his awful start he has 8g 14pts in his last 19 games

hopefully he can keep it up, that would be a 30g 60pt pace in a full season

Blarginator

Mar 24, 2010
minus his awful start he has 8g 14pts in his last 19 games

hopefully he can keep it up, that would be a 30g 60pt pace in a full season

14 points in 19? That is excellent for a young player like him. He's starting to breakout offensively. Coupled with a good 2-way game and his speed and size I think we might have a #1 center in a couple seasons.

thesensguy

Apr 5, 2014
Ottawa,Ontario
What the hell is this version of Zbad. He has been playing like a Kopitar with wheels! He plays hard, protects the puck and scores electrically.

Clamshells

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 11, 2009
It was so frustrating at the beginning of the year, everyone writing him off after 6 games. He's definitely shut up a few whiners on the board here, these last 2 weeks.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Yes, but they are just hiding in the wood work, waiting for him to have a little inconsistency and then they will be all over him. F our fans... most can go away and cheer for Toronto.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Yes, but they are just hiding in the wood work, waiting for him to have a little inconsistency and then they will be all over him. F our fans... most can go away and cheer for Toronto.

Ya like last game he became a "Dud" again because he didn't produce never mind rewatching the game where he had some good strong plays around the net and some good chances, definitely played better then 3 quarters of our forwards. Turris(love him) has practically disappeared, and he doesn't even get a fraction of the criticism that 21 year old Zibby does.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Ryan-Zibby-Hoffman has been so awesome who forgot to send them the tank-memo?

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Looking at the 2011 draft, man Huberdeau has fallen off a cliff, Couturier is basically what he is and Schieflie is meh. Strome seems like the only one amongst Zibanejad on the up.

Yep. It's what many of us have been saying for a few years now.

Zibby was the rawest prospect from that draft, while Couturier was the most mature. Couturier was basically a shade away from the finish line of what he'd ever become, while Zibby was just starting the marathon.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Our agendas are just nicely tucked away right now.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I was ok with trading him in order to help the D: you gotta give to get

Cowen coming around has definitely helped there

Also it's becoming increasingly clear that Turris is not a top line guy, no way in hell. Trading Zibanejad would wreck our depth down the middle and that much has become very apparent in the last 10 games or so

I'm still not calling him a top line guy until we see how he responds to when the going gets real tough

I doubt he's been the focus of a lot of teams but how he deals with it when it starts happening will the real test

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
I was ok with trading him in order to help the D: you gotta give to get

Cowen coming around has definitely helped there

Also it's becoming increasingly clear that Turris is not a top line guy, no way in hell. Trading Zibanejad would wreck our depth down the middle and that much has become very apparent in the last 10 games or so

I'm still not calling him a top line guy until we see how he responds to when the going gets real tough

I doubt he's been the focus of a lot of teams but how he deals with it when it starts happening will the real test

Zibanejadhas 2-3 years to develop into a top line center.

Could happen, but some will probably jump off a cliff after this hot streak turns into 0 in 6 games.

He's still just 21. And he's not ryan johansen

BigBush*

Zibanejadhas 2-3 years to develop into a top line center.

Could happen, but some will probably jump off a cliff after this hot streak turns into 0 in 6 games.

He's still just 21. And he's not ryan johansen

I don't think people will jump off a cliff, they'll just say how they don't see Zib as a #1C and disagree with Murray.
If Ottawa is going to win a cup it'll have to be with a better center than Turris and Zib IMO

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
I don't think people will jump off a cliff, they'll just say how they don't see Zib as a #1C and disagree with Murray.
If Ottawa is going to win a cup it'll have to be with a better center than Turris and Zib IMO

Zib might be a two way 70ish point center by 23-24. And although id be reluctant to say it if he was at 6 points in 25 games this year, a flash strongly in the right direction at 21 allows you to realize we have no idea where his limit really is. And 2-3 years for a young player is. Along time.

Jury's out on whether a potential center group of Turris, lazar and zib, and off chance on Pageau fitting in is good enough. There's very few teams that know they have it, and several that aren't class. I'd say were in a maybe situation

BigBush*

Zib might be a two way 70ish point center by 23-24. And although id be reluctant to say it if he was at 6 points in 25 games this year, a flash strongly in the right direction at 21 allows you to realize we have no idea where his limit really is. And 2-3 years for a young player is. Along time.

Jury's out on whether a potential center group of Turris, lazar and zib, and off chance on Pageau fitting in is good enough. There's very few teams that know they have it, and several that aren't class. I'd say were in a maybe situation

I'd bet a significant amount of money Zib will never hit 70 points. Not saying that makes him a bad player, its just an incredibly tough thing to do in today's NHL. Just being realistic

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
I'd bet a significant amount of money Zib will never hit 70 points. Not saying that makes him a bad player, its just an incredibly tough thing to do in today's NHL. Just being realistic

Id bet a bunch of money that the jury's still out on his trajectory. Im not expecting it, but if a coach ever takes a stance that this player can't develop substantially in key developmental years then you'll wait forever to contend.

Truth is you can contend with two or three very well rounded centres. If Zibanejad passes Turris at all, were in a good spot.

That would make our center group around good enough. It just wouldn't have a chance to be Pittsburgh who relied pretty much entirely on centres to contend.

If zib passed Turris, it may be good enough. But the roster would have to be very supportive otherwise. Really, I think developing solid support is where our org is currently strong. I'm sure some may say that's meaningless or everyone is good at that. Not true, all good franchises are.

Last edited:

BigBush*

Id bet a bunch of money that the jury's still out on his trajectory. Im not expecting it, but if a coach ever takes a stance that this player can't develop substantially in key developmental years then you'll wait forever to contend.

Truth is you can contend with two or three very well rounded centres. If Zibanejad passes Turris at all, were in a good spot.
Sure sure. Just reminds me of Kadri going PPG as a 22 year old and Toronto fans thinking their center depth was solved and would be great for years to come.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
Sure sure. Just reminds me of Kadri going PPG as a 22 year old and Toronto fans thinking their center depth was solved and would be great for years to come.

My point carries 2-3 years of ifs and buts.

Also the point that although a true franchise star center makes the rest of roster building easily, you can properly surround 2-3 very competent two way centres to compete. You just can't have slack surrounding them.

I like our top 6 wingers at the moment. They'll be better in 2-3 years and we obviously can add to if trade ops arise

BigBush*

My point carries 2-3 years of ifs and buts.

Also the point that although a true franchise star center makes the rest of roster building easily, you can properly surround 2-3 very competent two way centres to compete. You just can't have slack surrounding them.

I like our top 6 wingers at the moment. They'll be better in 2-3 years and we obviously can add to if trade ops arise

I don't like building a team on ifs and buts.
I like out top 6 too, but to compete for a cup were gonna need more elite talent in the top 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad