OT: Michigan Sports Talk Part VII: NFC North Kings

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Caldwell is a terrible coach, he is in my opinion the most inept head coach we have had. The simple minimum stuff you expect out of a coach somehow eludes him.

He’s absolutely not the worst. And that’s scary cause he’s still bad.

Stafford carries him but hey, that’s better then losing with him (jimmy) And the guy who had sanders

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
He’s absolutely not the worst. And that’s scary cause he’s still bad.

Stafford carries him but hey, that’s better then losing with him (jimmy) And the guy who had sanders

He is the worst one of my lifetime, including the guy that took the wind. Heck I think Caldwell might do that in a dome here soon enough if we could make an OT game he would try that... This is John L. Smith level anger in terms of how I feel about him.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Michigan is a better team with Peters in instead of okorn. The bowls are similar. I don’t understand why dantonio is salty

Still I don’t know what harbaugh is trying to say

This time next year he will be 1-8 against his rivals and likely very lucky to still be employed by U of M.

Not sure I really care what this clown has to say. You might not want to take that run when you defended the likes of Perry all summer and Taylor Lewan is still celebrated by significant parts of your fan-base despite being a horrendous human being. Coach D kicked three of his most talented players off the team and somehow that is scorn worthy.

I don't know MSU fans that were defending the off-season. But the U of M coach should know better than to have a comment. It is in line with who Harbaugh is and what we know about him. Honestly given what we have seen as a MSU fan I hope he somehow survives losing to ND, MSU and tOSU next year. I doubt he can, but if he does it wouldn't be that bad, dude is pretty overrated. I will enjoy MSU waxing his behind for the rest of his tenure. Thanks for the bulletin board material, I feel another 20+ point beatdown coming U of M's way in East Lansing next year.

Last edited:

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
This time next year he will be 1-8 against his rivals and likely very lucky to still be employed by U of M.

Not sure I really care what this clown has to say. You might not want to take that run when you defended the likes of Perry all summer and Taylor Lewan is still celebrated by significant parts of your fan-base despite being a horrendous human being. Coach D kicked three of his most talented players off the team and somehow that is scorn worthy.

I don't know MSU fans that were defending the off-season. But the U of M coach should know better than to have a comment. It is line with who Harbaugh is and what we know about him. Honestly given what we have seen as a MSU fan I hope he somehow survives losing to ND, MSU and tOSU next year. I doubt he can, but if he does it wouldn't be that bad, dude is pretty overrated. I will enjoy MSU waxing his behind for the rest of his tenure. Thanks for the bulletin board material, I feel another 20+ point beatdown coming U of M's way in East Lansing next year.
What did he say or do?

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Michigan is a better team with Peters in instead of okorn. The bowls are similar. I don’t understand why dantonio is salty

Still I don’t know what harbaugh is trying to say
One team plays a couple days after Christmas and will have very little (still massive) mainstream TV coverage. The other team will have their game on New Years day and everyone and their mother will be glued to their TV.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Harbaugh shouldn't be throwing shade considering he has been getting punked by his rivals since he got to Michigan.

It must have been a slow day for him, I would have thought with the early signing day he would be busy pulling some kids scholarship that has been committed for 26 months or something like that.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
One team plays a couple days after Christmas and will have very little (still massive) mainstream TV coverage. The other team will have their game on New Years day and everyone and their mother will be glued to their TV.

There’s better bowls then Michigan vs South Carolina. It’s not really better

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
The future of Caldwell will tell us a lot about how much power Quinn has and how genuine Martha Ford is about not accepting failure. I look at what McVay has done with the Rams in a matter of months. He's turned around a failure of a team and a quarterback that everyone was ready to call a bust and he did it in a matter of months. After years on the job we have a coach that still can't get enough players on the field. Caldwell is a nice man and perhaps someone of his temper may have been need after Schwartz (an era I loved as a fan) but a coach shouldn't keep his job because he's nice. Time to clean house.

Reactions: Datsyukian Deke

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
I still am perplexed by the Caldwell extension. I pray it was Martha Ford forcing it, rather than Quinn wanting to do it. Then again, firing Caldwell should have been the first thing Quinn needed to do upon being hired, and if by some off chance Martha wasn't allowing it from the get go, Quinn should have never taken the job, because that would show that he doesn't have a pair of his own to make his own decisions, and is a yes man, sadly.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
There’s better bowls then Michigan vs South Carolina. It’s not really better
You are 100% correct that their are better bowls than the Wolverines and the Cocks. Look at the teams playing on January 1st and the bowls on that day compared to what's going on on December 28th. The TV coverage is going to be insane on January 1st. The December 28th games will just be a blip. The more national exposure your program gets, in a lot of ways, helps you get better recruits. That's why Coach D is upset and the players are upset. They should have been in the national spotlight instead of playing on a nothing day on FS1.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
You are 100% correct that their are better bowls than the Wolverines and the Cocks. Look at the teams playing on January 1st and the bowls on that day compared to what's going on on December 28th. The TV coverage is going to be insane on January 1st. The December 28th games will just be a blip. The more national exposure your program gets, in a lot of ways, helps you get better recruits. That's why Coach D is upset and the players are upset. They should have been in the national spotlight instead of playing on a nothing day on FS1.

Michigan State hasn’t and probably will never get top classes in recruiting. Nobody will be watching Michigan after 30 mins

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
I still am perplexed by the Caldwell extension. I pray it was Martha Ford forcing it, rather than Quinn wanting to do it. Then again, firing Caldwell should have been the first thing Quinn needed to do upon being hired, and if by some off chance Martha wasn't allowing it from the get go, Quinn should have never taken the job, because that would show that he doesn't have a pair of his own to make his own decisions, and is a yes man, sadly.

Optics. It does not look good to have a lame duck coach that early in the season. Just going through the motions. I hope Quinn has seen enough.

Reactions: Datsyukian Deke

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
The Lions are 7-6 but does anyone really expect them not to get slaughtered if they make the postseason?
Short answer is "no". The point is likely moot anyway since A-Rodg is supposed to be back next week. Everyone may as well smooch the season "buh-bye".

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Only team that wouldn’t kill us is New Orleans(and if stafford has a bad game it’s probably like 70-7) And they already beat us. And they scored 50

Our defense is among the leagues worst this year. The ones that are worse are teams plagued with injuries or don’t have a qb that can pass Imagine if we didn’t have stafford

Last edited:

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Short answer is "no". The point is likely moot anyway since A-Rodg is supposed to be back next week. Everyone may as well smooch the season "buh-bye".

Rodgers may be irrelevant. Panthers, Seahawks and Falcons are all in WC contention. Even winning out may be futile.

If only Caldwell had the sense to field an entire team. At least 2 games that could be wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad