Prospect Info: Michael McCarron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
I must add:

-As a 1sr liner, Fedotenko has always ajusted his game for skilled player without having so much himself

-Andreychuk is the all time master of puck deflection.

-Bertuzzi is pretty much the best case scenario that Big Mac could turn in

Bertuzzi? A dirty. sneaky player who attacks unsuspecting opponents and gets suspended? What would that do for McCarron, the Habs, and the city of Montréal?

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Hey, nothing wrong with Fedotenko. But not in that company, no. Bert had double his career total and Andreychuk got a thousand more and is an outside candidate for the HOF.

Prime Bert was a sight to behold. The guy was an absolute train on the ice. Andreychuk was fantastic as well

I don't think McCarron will ever be in the same league as a prime Bert or Big Dave . Fedotenko i could certainly see though. If Big Mac can get 15-20/25 while providing a physical presence i'll be happy. More than that and and i'll be ecstatic.

Now i know the original poster didn't say that Mac had Bert or Dave potential (that would be crazy) and that it wasn't the point of his post but i'm just saying because we shouldn't expect MM to become a 60+ pts player. He mentioned Fedotenko and i think it's a realistic comparison of what we should expect from Big Mac :)

Bertuzzi? A dirty. sneaky player who attacks unsuspecting opponents and gets suspended? What would that do for McCarron, the Habs, and the city of Montréal?

"The incident" aside Bertuzzi was the blueprint of what a power forward should be in the early 2000's. I certainly think he could show a thing or two to McCarron

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13

Max Pacioretty: The man who savagely attacked the defenless Couture from behind.

P.K Subban: The armed monster that assaulted Marc Stone and broke his wrist.

Hey this is fun....

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver

Too bad that Bertuzzi will most likely be remembered for the incidentwith Moore. But have seen Bertuzzi play a lot and the guy was amazing for 2 seasons and good for at least another 4. I dont think that many defenders could handle Bertuzzi in his prime, he was big, strong and fast. If McCarron could even half the player Todd Bertuzzi was i would be happy. That would make him a decent 2 line player amd very good 3rd line player.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
For whatever reason I am not sold on Ghetto

I'm slowly being converted. He looked really good near the end of the year. It's really a question of how much better can he be. Right now he's an asset. Looks like he could be a solid middle 6 guy at the moment.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I'm slowly being converted. He looked really good near the end of the year. It's really a question of how much better can he be. Right now he's an asset. Looks like he could be a solid middle 6 guy at the moment.

An asset yes but there are several young players on this team that I prefer.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

1 45+ , 1 35+ , 3 25+ and 4 15+ goals seasons for a start. Couple that with good defensive play and some grit.

If McCarron even just become half of what Bertuzzi was, we'd have one hell of a player in our hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino