Rumor: Michael DiPietro given permission to seek trade

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Oh wow a mediocre goalie prospect that every team has can seek a trade for himself? Good luck buddy.

Nov 1, 2011
Botched development, but he is not really starter potential. Could see him going for a seventh but honestly probably future considerations for a team that is willing to take him on.

Judging by posts in here, maybe he does have more perceived value...

If he didn't, the Canucks probably wouldn't have qualified him.

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
Awesome kid, unfortunately too small to be a starter. Wishing him the best and hoping I’m wrong !

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
GM's taking the call

tacos-de.gif

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
The timing on this strikes me as odd.....being a fan of a team who has issues in net (Buffalo).

Wouldn't you want to request a trade either right at the start of the UFA period or before it? To position yourself as best you can within another organization? I'm sure that there are teams out there that still have AHL spots open...........but wouldn't you want to cast the widest net possible?

Look at Buffalo for example -- going into the UFA period, we had ONE goalie under contract (Anderson) and another as RFA (UPL). Since then, we've signed Comrie and Subban........and Rochester signed Houser to be their third and Cincy's starter. No room at the inn for playing time unless he wants to battle Houser for ECHL playing time. Gotta think that we're not the only NHL team to be relatively set at goalie.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
The timing on this strikes me as odd.....being a fan of a team who has issues in net (Buffalo).

Canucks just signed veteran Delia ($750k 1 way) as a free agent. Silovs will be the young AHL goalie getting developed. The timing is due to the free agent signing, he had an ahl job before that. It's only been a few days since.

nergish

Jun 1, 2019
No worries.

He's definitely moved into kind of the "teachers pet" position with Ian Clark, and on all things goaltending I defer to him.
Oddly enough, Silovs is even less proven than Mikey.

DiPietro was better in the CHL and even the AHL to this point. Silovs is just a technical beast, tall, and as flexible as a young Kiprusoff. Clark loves him, understandably.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005

Should be calling Vegas. Not much depth and should get a ton of games in the AHL this year, as Thompson will spend considerable time with the NHL squad. Between Lehner and Brossoit, one of them is always banged up. By next year, if he gets some good action this season, he could be competing for a legit NHL spot. He shouldn’t have any problem clearing waivers at this point.

Reactions: Legion34

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Yeah and Kovalchuk matched it with NJ that same year. 15 years is just insane, but to put it into perspective on how much tinier we are as a league. An MLB player just rejected a 440 million 15 year contract the other day, Kovys deal was worth 100 million lol.

View attachment 570328

How can he turn it down? What is he expected to make otherwise? He can't top this amount money right? Insane amount

Reactions: TheGreatOne11

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
RIP his career due to missing 10 AHL games. Maybe he should have been better and not been passed by Martin and Silvos on the depth charts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad