Confirmed with Link: #MelnykOut Campaign - successfully raised 8K over this past weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Glad to see the signs go up, but did not contribute. Saving my time and energy for the real campaign that will start the moment EK is traded.

If they are stupid enough to trade our generational player, I hope they attach Ryan's contract to the deal. That will make getting people on board for the real protests to follow a cakewalk.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Speaking of this, where is the COUNT? Does Euge have him out on the road, trying to spray paint over the billboards??
JD1 has been conspicuous in his absence since I posted the Forbes link showing Melnyk has been making money off the Sens operations for the past decade.

Hope he is ok.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
I also 100% support the message. Just because people didn't donate, doesn't mean there aren't thousands who don't support the message. Doing something is better than nothing.

Also, I you seriously saying that 99% of this team's fans are happy with the way the organization is run?? Do you read Twitter, or listen to the post game shows?? The media has done everything in its power to deflect all of the problems away from the owner, but any smart hockey fan doesn't buy the local media BS.

Don't put words in my mouth. You may support it, but didn't put up any money, like I said.

Majority of people don't like the way the team is being run, for sure.

A lot of those people will also tell you, putting up billboards is kind of childish and misguided. There is a good article by Rick Gibbons that sums up how a lot of people feel.

Gibbons: Billboards won’t solve our problems with the Senators

I'm not sure why people keep thinking that because we aren't fully embracing putting up billboards, that we are happy with how the team is being run.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Don't put words in my mouth. You may support it, but didn't put up any money, like I said.

Majority of people don't like the way the team is being run, for sure.

A lot of those people will also tell you, putting up billboards is kind of childish and misguided. There is a good article by Rick Gibbons that sums up how a lot of people feel.

Gibbons: Billboards won’t solve our problems with the Senators

I'm not sure why people keep thinking that because we aren't fully embracing putting up billboards, that we are happy with how the team is being run.

The only worthwhile line in an otherwise poor article.

As a paying Senators fan, I’m ready to cut Melnyk some slack. Unless, of course, he trades Erik Karlsson. Then, it’s game on.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
JD1 has been conspicuous in his absence since I posted the Forbes link showing Melnyk has been making money off the Sens operations for the past decade.

Hope he is ok.

The Forbes numbers show the value of the Senators, not profit or losses per season.

Cyril Leeder went on the record, a number of times, stating that the Senators lost $94 million in the first ten years (2003-13) since Melnyk bought the team.

In Melnyk’s first ten years of owning the Senators franchise, in an interview with the Citizen, Cyril Leeder claimed the Senators Franchise had only generated about $6 million on operations..........................that is, total revenues minus the costs associated with paying and moving the players, advertising and managing the arena.

Forbes numbers just show the value, and like the value of my house, I can only borrow against it, not claim it a profit.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
The Forbes numbers show the value of the Senators, not profit or losses per season.

Cyril Leeder went on the record, a number of times, stating that the Senators lost $94 million in the first ten years (2003-13) since Melnyk bought the team.

In Melnyk’s first ten years of owning the Senators franchise, in an interview with the Citizen, Cyril Leeder claimed the Senators Franchise had only generated about $6 million on operations..........................that is, total revenues minus the costs associated with paying and moving the players, advertising and managing the arena.

Forbes numbers just show the value, and like the value of my house, I can only borrow against it, not claim it a profit.

We're all happy you take everything people say at face value, most of us don't trust a word that comes out of Melnyck's mouth. He says lot's of things, most of them are untrue. He lied to the Securities commision, what makes you think he won't lie to his fanbase?

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015

As a paying Senators fan, I’m ready to cut Melnyk some slack. Unless, of course, he trades Erik Karlsson. Then, it’s game on.

What about this part?

What this campaign won’t do is force Melnyk into selling a team that Forbes Magazine just recently valued at $420 million U.S., which is pretty darned good, given the original price tag was about a quarter that price 14 years ago.

The Ottawa Senators franchise is dying,” billboard campaign organizer Spencer Callaghan claims in justifying his GoFundMe pitch to fellow fan malcontents. Except that, no, it isn’t dying. Not by a long shot.

It’s also worth noting the massive investment Melnyk is making in a new arena downtown. Not exactly the kind of strategy a dying team embraces.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
We're all happy you take everything people say at face value, most of us don't trust a word that comes out of Melnyck's mouth. He says lot's of things, most of them are untrue. He lied to the Securities commision, what makes you think he won't lie to his fanbase?

Yeah, sure, but if your argument hinges on someone having to be a liar, then your position holds not water.

Besides, the "word" came out of Leeder's mouth, or is he too a liar?

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015

896.jpg

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011

I’d argue then that Melnyk is a poor business person. If you manage to lose nearly $100M while selling out with 18k+ fans, getting consistent playoff revenue and having one of the top teams in the league in a hockey mad (albeit small) market? Then he’s just not a savy business person as his other business ventures can confirm.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa

I don't agree with everything in there, but I do agree with most, I don't really think it's a poor article, most in there is pretty spot on, in terms of the facts.

I think a lot of people want to see how this summer plays out and then judge.

What they have done so far, relative to this season isn't really that shocking. If they re-tool this summer and sign Karlsson long term, I fail to see how that is a bad thing.

Reactions: IWantMyParade

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017

The Forbes numbers show the Sens registering a positive operating revenue for 8 of the 10 seasons and a large net positive for the decade. The calculation included debt payments on the arena.

If Melnyk has chosen to load the team with debt in addition to the arena and is using up his potential profits in the process, he has no one to blame but himself and the fans should NOT be expected to pay for those choices.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Yeah, sure, but if your argument hinges on someone having to be a liar, then your position holds not water.

Besides, the "word" came out of Leeder's mouth, or is he too a liar?

Melnyck's reputation is earned from years of stupidity and everyone around him gets spoiled by his ego and erratic behavior, Alfie's reputation, EK's reputation, Heatley, Crosby, Cameron, fan in Ottawa being cheap. So anyone around him gets spoiled by his stench of ego maniacal behavior.

Leeder has a solid reputation and is well respected. Do I believe Leeder when he says Melnyck lost $94 million, well, I'd ask him to define the worst 'lost' first. And who defined it, him or Melnyck?

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
I don't agree with everything in there, but I do agree with most, I don't really think it's a poor article, most in there is pretty spot on, in terms of the facts.

I think a lot of people want to see how this summer plays out and then judge.

What they have done so far, relative to this season isn't really that shocking. If they re-tool this summer and sign Karlsson long term, I fail to see how that is a bad thing.
Good points.

I view the billboards as premature at this point and that is why I did not donate.

I do believe that shopping our captain and generational talent at the deadline was yet another example of our idiot owner embarrassing this franchise, so I'm good with Melnyk taking some heat.

The real battle will begin when they sell off Karlsson.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Good points.

I view the billboards as premature at this point and that is why I did not donate.

I do believe that shopping our captain and generational talent at the deadline was yet another example of our idiot owner embarrassing this franchise, so I'm good with Melnyk taking some heat.

The real battle will begin when they sell off Karlsson.

Yeah I agree. The fact it was played out in the media is why it was so bad. I guarantee every single player in the NHL has teams inquiring about them from time to time and those GM's will listen, especially when they are at the bottom of the standings, you can bet there would of been way more chatter about Tavares if the Islanders were where we are.

I don't think they should trade Karlsson either. To a point. I think (hope) this is where Dorion's head is at also.

If some team comes in and wants to give us the "Lindros package" then I have to seriously think about that.

If it's tying Ryan to bring value down or is nothing short of a massive package, then forget it I laugh at that GM and move on.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
Lol I f***ing love the angst about 4 f***ing billboards.

A bunch of people chipped in a nothing amount of like $10.

It's shows fan passion even if you don't like the message.

I would love it if someone else started a drive for a #MoreMelnyk billboard campaign.

Except we all know how that one would go.

I also love the literal battalion of strawmen that are constantly trotted put about how the billboards are not "going to force Melnyk to sell".

For the 10000x time. Obviously.

That's not the point and anyone who insists on arguing that strawman is 100% doing it to deflect and/or gaslight the people reading the debate.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Lol I ****ing love the angst about 4 ****ing billboards.

A bunch of people chipped in a nothing amount of like $10.

It's shows fan passion even if you don't like the message.

I would love it if someone else started a drive for a #MoreMelnyk billboard campaign.

Except we all know how that one would go.

I also love the literal battalion of strawmen that are constantly trotted put about how the billboards are not "going to force Melnyk to sell".

For the 10000x time. Obviously.

That's not the point and anyone who insists on arguing that strawman is 100% doing it to deflect and/or gaslight the people reading the debate.

They probably should have picked a better hashtag then #MelnykOut, if the goal was anything other than wanting Melnyk out.

Again. Not everyone who doesn't want billboards, wants #MoreMelnyk. But hey, we are the ones throwing out the strawman.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
They probably should have picked a better hashtag then #MelnykOut, if the goal was anything other than wanting Melnyk out.

Again. Not everyone who doesn't want billboards, wants #MoreMelnyk. But hey, we are the ones throwing out the strawman.

There is difference between wanting #MelnykOut and thinking a social media campaign and billboards are going to actually make him leave.

Just like there is a difference between not supporting billboards and supporting melnyk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad