Confirmed with Link: #MelnykOut Campaign - successfully raised 8K over this past weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
The "fans" who decided to put their money into these Billboards, could have proclaimed their desire to have Karlsson remain a Senator, and promise to support the team if that happened, by committing to a 5 pack of tickets for next year.

Instead they decided to ask the Owner to sell the team, as if that would in someway make the difficulties of the Ottawa market disappear.

They could have taken the High road, but instead decided to take the Low road.
But that’s just the thing; it’s a low road action according to whom?

For example, the ‘fans’ who support Melnyk may be regarded as taking the low road by others.

Perception is everything...

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Here are some links for you, start at Page 1 of these threads and get back to us in a few days:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threa...lly-raised-8k-over-this-past-weekend.2455381/

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threa...uation-play-out.2463827/page-4#post-143025503

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/msg-from-the-ceo-president-owner-governor.2457383/

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threa...ur-marketing-is.2460053/page-3#post-142701365

There is just a few things for you to read here, lets treat this like public school, when you are done reading, I will assign you more.

None of these threads prove the fanbase was publicly shamed .............. don't you have any news articles, or editorials you can use?

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Buddy, if you think "likes" from your fellow "Hate Melnyk" echo chamber occupants on this forum is an actual "handle" on how this fanbase feels, then you're delusional.
Well, the fans have funded a #Melnykout billboard, so when you can provide proof of a #Melnykrocks (or any positive message about that jackass) then you might have a point.

Until then, the evidence is clear. The only people supporting EM here are either contrarians looking for a reaction or on the payroll.

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
Well, the fans have funded a #Melnykout billboard, so when you can provide proof of a #Melnykrocks (or any positive message about that jackass) then you might have a point.

Until then, the evidence is clear. The only people supporting EM here are either contrarians looking for a reaction or on the payroll.

Slight correction, the fans have funded 5 Melnyk out billboards ;)

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
None of these threads prove the fanbase was publicly shamed .............. don't you have any news articles, or editorials you can use?

There have been multiple articles and editorials posted for you within these threads, since you didn't bother reading them, its not up to me or anyone else to continue to provide them for you.

Once again, get back to me when you have completed your homework. If you do well, I will give you a nice #MelnykOut sticker for your hard work.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
But that’s just the thing; it’s a low road action according to whom?

For example, the ‘fans’ who support Melnyk may be regarded as taking the low road by others.

Perception is everything...

You make a point .......... but Melnyk said in the Sun (yesterday) he isn’t sure what people are trying to accomplish with the billboards.

To me that means their message is going to lost on him. Some will put that on him, but if there was a number of Billboards asking or demanding EK65 remain a Senator, then I suggest that would have been a much clearer message to send.

I heard someone (on TSN1200) yesterday suggest a campaign to buy a "5 game pack" of tickets, for next season, if the GM extends Karlsson's contract on July 1st.

Look, we all know it's been an uphill battle to sell Season Tickets in the Ottawa Market since before this owner, and there are a number of "baked in " reasons for that. The Melnyk out Billboards will do nothing positive for the Senators, in my opinion, and if it does, I'l be the first one to point it out.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
You are a joke.
Another juvenile post. Calling people names that you don't agree with is not only juvenile, it shows a lack of maturity & inability to explain yourself properly. To resort to name calling to diminish another person's opinion or belittle their point & somehow upgrade your own is a transparent attempt that doesn't work & reflects badly on you.

There will be lots of people in life that will disagree with something you say from time to time & to call people names that disagree with you is frankly childish behaviour. Lots of people have different opinions & points of view or prefer different things & have every right to view their opinion too. It's something that needs to be stopped on this board & it would be appreciated & your opinion taken more seriously, if people would behave with more maturity & decourum.

Reactions: coladin

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
You make a point .......... but Melnyk said in the Sun (yesterday) he isn’t sure what people are trying to accomplish with the billboards.

To me that means their message is going to lost on him. Some will put that on him, but if there was a number of Billboards asking or demanding EK65 remain a Senator, then I suggest that would have been a much clearer message to send.

I heard someone (on TSN1200) yesterday suggest a campaign to buy a "5 game pack" of tickets, for next season, if the GM extends Karlsson's contract on July 1st.

Look, we all know it's been an uphill battle to sell Season Tickets in the Ottawa Market since before this owner, and there are a number of "baked in " reasons for that. The Melnyk out Billboards will do nothing positive for the Senators, in my opinion, and if it does, I'l be the first one to point it out.
In essence, I feel it would be sort of a sad situation to have to plead the owner and his sidekick to keep one of the best players in the NHL. If he can’t recognize the benefit versus the down fall between keeping and trading EK, no one and nothing will help him grasp the difference.

Last edited:

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
Even after prefacing your remarks with “seriously”, I’m honestly not sure if serious. Google it.
You don’t remember the threatening season ticket drives? That time that Bryden failed to pay the players? The lawsuits? I mean just Google it.
I do recall those times. But that situation was completely different than the current one with Melnyk.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Count, and other Melnyk supporters are missing a significant concept with the whole billboard.

It's not that people who gave money to the billboard are doing it to send a message that they want a new owner. A large portion of them are also symbolically showing that they would rather spend their money on something like this (even if they know it to be somewhat frivolous) instead of on Senators tickets, and that in and of itself is a pretty powerful message, if you think about it.

Eugene is way too dense to really comprehend that, but I bet you that all of the ticket agents are getting that message loud and clear.

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
Count, and other Melnyk supporters are missing a significant concept with the whole billboard.

It's not that people who gave money to the billboard are doing it to send a message that they want a new owner. A large portion of them are also symbolically showing that they would rather spend their money on something like this (even if they know it to be somewhat frivolous) instead of on Senators tickets, and that in and of itself is a pretty powerful message, if you think about it.

Eugene is way too dense to really comprehend that, but I bet you that all of the ticket agents are getting that message loud and clear.
Isn’t Eugene also a ticket agent now?

Reactions: Chezzz

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
If you actually believe Melnyk is lying, whenever he's stated he's not selling his team, on numerous occasions, can you explain the logic of him doing that?
Derp.

To increase the price. Basic selling tactic, but you won't admit this obvious possibility to be true.

And the TDL circus around Karlsson is yet another example of Melnyk embarrassing this franchise.

@TNUOC ALUCARD ...still waiting for an answer....

@TNUOC ALUCARD ...still waiting for an answer....

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
In essence, I feel it would be sort of a sad situation to have to plead the owner and his sidekick to keep one of the best players in the NHL. If he can’t recognize the benefit versus the down fall between keeping and trading EK, no one and nothing will help him grasp the difference.

Well let's not assume he does not recognize the benefit vs the down fall, to assume he does not would be a mistake.
What he does know, that we as fans don't know, is the actual financial situation of the Senators franchise, and his personal financial situation, and relationship between the two.
To assume he has bottomless pockets of cash to just throw at the team, without any collateral issues would be another mistake.

I'm assuming you read Don Brennan's article today, if not you should.

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005
A brief history of the Ottawa Senators

Spring of 2003, a momentous season for the Ottawa Senators. For the first time in franchise history it won the President's Trophy and made it past the second round of the playoffs. Off the ice, the Senators get sold through bankruptcy proceedings, a way of shaking its crippling debt.
What follows is a brief chronology of the team.

Sens ticket drive heats up

Waving flags in Senators sweaters, hundreds of hockey fans jammed the Sparks Street Mall on Wednesday. With just 24 hours to go before the ticket countdown deadline, the push to keep the Ottawa Senators in the capital has hit overdrive.

Judge grants Ottawa Senators bankruptcy protection

Owner Rod Bryden said he hopes the team will be able to stay in the city. But he warned that one of the deciding factors will be whether fans buy tickets. If the seats can't be filled now, while the Senators are in or near first place in the league, investors will be scared away.

Now despite all of this we still had a presidents trophy winning team loaded with young talent and one of the best front offices in the league. Therein lies the difference. At least Rod was still trying.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
Well let's not assume he does not recognize the benefit vs the down fall, to assume he does not would be a mistake.
What he does know, that we as fans don't know, is the actual financial situation of the Senators franchise, and his personal financial situation, and relationship between the two.
To assume he has bottomless pockets of cash to just throw at the team, without any collateral issues would be another mistake.

I'm assuming you read Don Brennan's article today, if not you should.
It would be another mistake to assume that I'm assuming what you assume I’m assuming.

Assuming he DOES know the difference, would also be a mistake, since it’s assumed that he automatically does, which, technically, no one really knows, except him... maybe.

Reactions: Zorf

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Hey @TNUOC ALUCARD, willing to admit that people sometimes say they aren't willing to sell to get a buyer to increase their offer?

C'mon, you can do it, just this once!

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
EM ,maybe a good buisness man in the boardroom...But in a public venue,he seems lost.Why on earth would you consistently bite the hand that feeds you is baffling....No body cares if EM makes 100 million,but do it with the support of your fans ....After all we are the ones that could make it happen for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad