#MelnykBoycott Billboards

Status
Not open for further replies.

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
So you want me tell you what I know yet ridicule me at the same time?

I told the mods about Karlsson and what I knew how I knew. Goodnight pal

What's hilarious is a direct quote from you replying to me about Laliberte and Desmarais holding the debt in the EK mega thread. Seeing as your memory is short here is a copy:

Desjardins Bank too. It may work if things don't change. Cash is due. I met with Toronto bankers and what you stated is within that realm, except they say Desmarais is behind Desjardins .

So, I guess you were either full of shit then or full of shit now? Pick one. Check.

Last edited:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I think everyone seems to forget about the Hoffman scandal. Here me out.... The owner has an asset worth six or $7 million in Hoffman then, EK, and family make private on goings public. Now the six or $7 million asset is now worth only one to 1 1/2 million. I have a very good feeling that EM was so pissed about EK causing this to his franchise, that he forced him out on purpose. This is very possible and one of the big reasons to move him along. The owner is an egomaniac who seems he wants to prove to players and fans that he controls the destiny of this franchise either good or bad .
Man your posts are so full of hyperbole. Absolutely ridiculous, where is the partner you said was coming in? Why was Karlsson delt? If you are at all connected to the situation you would have known there was no chance EK extends unless Melnyk is 100 percent out of the picture. So please keep your 'expert' opinion to yourself.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Man your posts are so full of hyperbole. Absolutely ridiculous, where is the partner you said was coming in? Why was Karlsson delt? If you are at all connected to the situation you would have known there was no chance EK extends unless Melnyk is 100 percent out of the picture. So please keep your 'expert' opinion to yourself.
Maybe the line of credit Melnyk received was to buy him some time?

Reactions: bert

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
The perspective family is concerned that even with a change in the ownership/partnership it still may not be enough for the fans to accept that there is a total connection or parallel to the amount of revenue the team can generate with seat sales and how much they can pay the players.

To many fair weather fans will never accept this, as being a fact of life in one of the NHLs smallest markets, that is also unable to tap into the regions largest employers, for any type of revenue.

These fans can't wrap their heads around this simple fact, a franchise in Ottawa cannot be run and operated like the franchises in Montreal and Toronto, and every single USA based team.

The only hope for the long term survival of this franchise, is to move it to Lebreton Flats, where it's going to be way more accessible to a greater percentage of their customer base. A number of excuses that current customers use now to not attend, will be eliminated, those who base their entire fandom on who the owner is, will continue to stay away.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
I think everyone seems to forget about the Hoffman scandal. Here me out.... The owner has an asset worth six or $7 million in Hoffman then, EK, and family make private on goings public. Now the six or $7 million asset is now worth only one to 1 1/2 million. I have a very good feeling that EM was so pissed about EK causing this to his franchise, that he forced him out on purpose. This is very possible and one of the big reasons to move him along. The owner is an egomaniac who seems he wants to prove to players and fans that he controls the destiny of this franchise either good or bad .

God you are so full of shit. I stopped reading here.

KARLSSONS DID NOT MAKE IT PUBLIC. IT WAS FOUND IN COURT BY A JOURNALIST!!! GET THAT THROUGH YOUR THICK f***ING HEAD AND STOP SPREADING BULLSHIT ASS RUMORS. NO ONE GOT THE TIME FOR IT.

Reactions: bert

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
To many fair weather fans will never accept this, as being a fact of life in one of the NHLs smallest markets, that is also unable to tap into the regions largest employers, for any type of revenue.

These fans can't wrap their heads around this simple fact, a franchise in Ottawa cannot be run and operated like the franchises in Montreal and Toronto, and every single USA based team.

The only hope for the long term survival of this franchise, is to move it to Lebreton Flats, where it's going to be way more accessible to a greater percentage of their customer base. A number of excuses that current customers use now to not attend, will be eliminated, those who base their entire fandom on who the owner is, will continue to stay away.
No one expects to spend like Montreal or Toronto. People just want responsible, smart decisions by management. Running a team like an ECHL squad wont cut it. Alienating and treating employees, players and fans with disrespect wont cut it. Spending like Toronto and Montreal compared to some sort of responsible ownership are two very different things. You obviously have a hard time understanding the difference.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
No one expects to spend like Montreal or Toronto. People just want responsible, smart decisions by management. Running a team like an ECHL squad wont cut it. Alienating and treating employees, players and fans with disrespect wont cut it. Spending like Toronto and Montreal compared to some sort of responsible ownership are two very different things. You obviously have a hard time understanding the difference.

Alienating the players?

Which ones?

I suspect you'll suggest Turris and Karlsson.
But both expressed their desire to remain in Ottawa, so then you'll say, "well that's what they say but...."

Acidrain66

Jun 13, 2018
God you are so full of ****. I stopped reading here.

KARLSSONS DID NOT MAKE IT PUBLIC. IT WAS FOUND IN COURT BY A JOURNALIST!!! GET THAT THROUGH YOUR THICK ****ING HEAD AND STOP SPREADING BULL**** ASS RUMORS. NO ONE GOT THE TIME FOR IT.
Be careful he might drive his hot wheels Ferrari on you

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Alienating the players?

Which ones?

I suspect you'll suggest Turris and Karlsson.
But both expressed their desire to remain in Ottawa, so then you'll say, "well that's what they say but...."

Alfredsson and Karlsson specifically if you think otherwise youre incredibly naive or youre ignorant.

Baby steps for you but atleast you admit ownership has treated the fans and employees poorly.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Alfredsson and Karlsson specifically if you think otherwise youre incredibly naive or youre ignorant.

Baby steps for you but atleast you admit ownership has treated the fans and employees poorly.

So whenever any player leaves, as a free agent, or in a trade, it was becasue they were alienated.

OK, believe that if you wish, but don't expect everyone else to do the same.

Karlsson wanted "market value" he was offered (reportably) 88 Million over 8 years, and did not come back to the table with a counter offer ....... so he passed on a guaranteed 88 Million, because he felt alienated, and orchestrated the trade that sent him to San Jose.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
So whenever any player leaves, as a free agent, or in a trade, it was becasue they were alienated.

OK, believe that if you wish, but don't expect everyone else to do the same.

Karlsson wanted "market value" he was offered (reportably) 88 Million over 8 years, and did not come back to the table with a counter offer ....... so he passed on a guaranteed 88 Million, because he felt alienated, and orchestrated the trade that sent him to San Jose.
Everyone knows it has nothing to do with the total amount of money or the market. I didnt say every player I said Alfredsson and Karlsson. I dont care what 'everyone believes' I know what happened. Two of my friends were in Kalrssons wedding party. Alfie is his best friend and mentor who cannot stand or be around Melnyk.

Keep fighting the good fight for Melnyk pal. Youre not transparent at all.

Heady Topper

Apr 11, 2018
And what is the result of your boycott? What does it achieve? Loss of the franchise in Ottawa - a move to Quebec?

Ok, I'm tired of this BS. Honestly, use your brain for a second. And this goes for everyone who's used this argument.

How to you think that would work? Do you think Melnyk would leave an arena he owns behind to be used for nothing? Do you think he would walk away from LeBreton? How about his finances. He can't pay Erk Karlsson, so what makes you think he can rent out the Quebec coliseum or whatever it's called now? Do you think he'll just walk in there, plant a flag with a 3D Sens logo on it and say "we're taking this, it's ours now"?

Seriously, use your head.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Good morning everyone!!! How is everyone doing today? Everyone seems to be in a great mood! Here are some happy videos for you! Keep up the great posts. I love that we now have moved on into CAPSLOCK posts!

Reactions: NyQuil

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009

That is correct, it cannot be purchased with debt alone, that has ALWAYS been our issue whether Melnyk or Bryden. When we are middle of the pack consistently on league revenues either they need to cut the league in half and shutter 16 teams or those teams are run differently. Please let us know (with links as you love that) how the other bottom half of the league is not operating on a shoestring budget like we are?

Are these shill accounts the same forensic team Melnyk hired to investigate Cooke? Hacked Yost?

Reports on Sens finances deleted by hackers

Not kidding. We have seen ever-increasing number of these from the time EK trade rumours were picking up steam.

Melnyk is ****ing shameless. Not a dime.

Would have been money better spent on front office or on ice product. That would have brought fans, this is just increasing the level of hate.

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
Ok, I'm tired of this BS. Honestly, use your brain for a second. And this goes for everyone who's used this argument.

How to you think that would work? Do you think Melnyk would leave an arena he owns behind to be used for nothing? Do you think he would walk away from LeBreton? How about his finances. He can't pay Erk Karlsson, so what makes you think he can rent out the Quebec coliseum or whatever it's called now? Do you think he'll just walk in there, plant a flag with a 3D Sens logo on it and say "we're taking this, it's ours now"?

Imagine his debt payments on top of paying rent and no more concessions or parking. His debt would also balloon another 100-200 million as there would be relocation fee. I'd be shocked if he still owned the team after a single season.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

I want to like this post more than once.

Anyone who thinks that "the Sens moving to Quebec City" is more likely than a fart surviving a hurricane clearly has not paid attention to NHL ownership trends in the last 20+ years. It is just not going to happen, full stop, period. When you add on the potential that the Lebreton deal offers to whoever owns the Sens, and the fact that Melnyk has a huge sunk cost asset in the CTC, it makes the already ludicrous idea of moving to QC even more insane.

Reactions: Heady Topper

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott

See, here's the thing - nobody expects Ottawa to be run like Toronto and Montreal.

But what fans do expect is smart, responsible management. Ottawa was a "have-not" in the late 90's and early 00's, and they had some heartbreaking disappointments on the ice, but the fans stuck with them. Why? Because everyone knew that even though resources were limited, they were being allocated in the most efficient way possible.

Now? There's no plan, and there hasn’t been one.

If you’re a small-market team that can’t spend with the big boys, then you need to hoard draft picks and prospects. The more picks you have, the better chance you have young players contribute on entry-level contracts.

What have we done?

Two years ago, we traded a 22 year old 50 point center for a 28 year old 50 point center. And we threw in a 2nd round pick.

Then, we traded a good prospect for 36 year-old grinder and proceeded to use our limited payroll to re-sign him to an over-market contract. A year later we bought him out.

Last year, we traded our first line center who was approaching free-agency for another first-line center who’s also approaching free-agency. We added a 1st round pick, 3rd round pick and our last 1st round prospect.

Then the season went to shit. Sure. None of us predicted it, but it happened. Dorion hunkered down and said we’re going to rebuild, focusing on picks and prospects. The right thing to say!

But what did he do when he had to trade our best goal scorer? He traded him for a 28 year old 3rd liner and AHL defenseman! No picks or prospects to be seen!

Karlsson was the straw that broke the camel’s back. Fans are upset because they see clear incompetence from management, not because we have lower resources.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
See, here's the thing - nobody expects Ottawa to be run like Toronto and Montreal.

But what fans do expect is smart, responsible management. Ottawa was a "have-not" in the late 90's and early 00's, and they had some heartbreaking disappointments on the ice, but the fans stuck with them. Why? Because everyone knew that even though resources were limited, they were being allocated in the most efficient way possible.

Now? There's no plan, and there hasn’t been one.

If you’re a small-market team that can’t spend with the big boys, then you need to hoard draft picks and prospects. The more picks you have, the better chance you have young players contribute on entry-level contracts.

What have we done?

Two years ago, we traded a 22 year old 50 point center for a 28 year old 50 point center. And we threw in a 2nd round pick.

Then, we traded a good prospect for 36 year-old grinder and proceeded to use our limited payroll to re-sign him to an over-market contract. A year later we bought him out.

Last year, we traded our first line center who was approaching free-agency for another first-line center who’s also approaching free-agency. We added a 1st round pick, 3rd round pick and our last 1st round prospect.

Then the season went to ****. Sure. None of us predicted it, but it happened. Dorion hunkered down and said we’re going to rebuild, focusing on picks and prospects. The right thing to say!

But what did he do when he had to trade our best goal scorer? He traded him for a 28 year old 3rd liner and AHL defenseman! No picks or prospects to be seen!

Karlsson was the straw that broke the camel’s back. Fans are upset because they see clear incompetence from management, not because we have lower resources.
That is false, we actually gave the Sharks a 5th round pick in exchange for a 6th :laugh:

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Except the banks don't own their debt, Laliberte and the Desmarais group do, they also happen to be the same ones who tried to buy the team during the lebreton bid. Coincidence? Doubt it, I don't think either of those guys make a habit of buying debt from floundering professional sports teams, there is a motive and it's both owning the team as well as developing Lebreton. Both of those things our current ownership doesn't have the money to do, those guys do however.

Wait for Euge to default, take control and lobby the NHL to allow them as owners, Desmarais is also friends with Bettman. More than a coincidence given he also owns a bunch of sporting equipment companies.
Is it a known fact that Desmarais and Laliberte have bought the debt?

Not that we can take anything from the team as gospel, but didn't the team specifically deny that Desmarais or Laliberte had any part in financing the senior loan that Melnyk got over the summer?

If here is anything concrete on this I'd love to see it. Until then, just hopeful rumours.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
What's hilarious is a direct quote from you replying to me about Laliberte and Desmarais holding the debt in the EK mega thread. Seeing as your memory is short here is a copy:

So, I guess you were either full of **** then or full of **** now? Pick one. Check.

Glad you found it. Cheers. At least you have your facts straight.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
The usual trolls to Melnyk right now.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad