#MelnykBoycott Billboards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Why? Because its a fact - Islanders got nothing for him. That's horribad. What would you have done ? Every other NHL team was asked to put their best offer out for EK - that was the measuring stick the Sens used...SJ made the best offer to date. Do you risk Karlsson injury at the start or during the season before the deadline? Look at Pageau for goodness sake.
Eugene and Dorion cut the league in half by refusing to move him to any eastern team.
Then Eugene made it worse by tying Dorion's hand in how much salary he could take back.
Getting a pile of garbage back for a generational Dman happens when you have morons in charge who decide to fight with both hands tied behind their backs.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
I respect your opinions generally and agree with some, but we are not in fear of relocation. The market has been declining for sure as fan apathy has grown, but I thing this year and summer especially has shown that the market is turning away because of the owner.

Bettman isn't blind, he knows why the numbers are low in Ottawa. The market can and will support a team just fine, a small market team, but one that can be competitive. It's taking a nose dive due to ownership. He won't pull a team from a market that can support a team, especially not in Canada, and especially since he's not ready to bring more teams to Canada as of yet.

If EM is forced to sell due to debt, I have no doubt that there will be a few people in line right away to buy, and there will be no chance that GB will let a new owner move the team. He won't have to try half as hard as he did in Arizona.
If the reports are true, the people buying up Eugene's debt and putting the screws to him are the same group who bid against him for Lebreton and offered to buy the team.

Lebreton is going ahead and Eugene will be squeezed out.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
You do realise Stone - Batherson - Formenton - Alfredson were late picks. You have no idea how Norris will pan out - SJ scouts had a pretty great track record w picks - i'll trust them.
Batherson and Formenton haven't proven anything at the NHL level.
Alfredsson was from a different era when the NHL lacked proper European scouting.

Why am I not surprised that it took me all of 2 posts to get you to admit that this is in fact the worst trade in Senators history and one of the worst in modern NHL history.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Oh sure - wer'e going to take a worse deal ? Delusional.
As I mentioned in another thread. There are lots of variables for anything to be constant. Whose to say there wasn't a better deal presented at the TDL but Dorion opted to wait it out to get a return that he would perceive is better?

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I respect your opinions generally and agree with some, but we are not in fear of relocation. The market has been declining for sure as fan apathy has grown, but I thing this year and summer especially has shown that the market is turning away because of the owner.

Bettman isn't blind, he knows why the numbers are low in Ottawa. The market can and will support a team just fine, a small market team, but one that can be competitive. It's taking a nose dive due to ownership. He won't pull a team from a market that can support a team, especially not in Canada, and especially since he's not ready to bring more teams to Canada as of yet.

If EM is forced to sell due to debt, I have no doubt that there will be a few people in line right away to buy, and there will be no chance that GB will let a new owner move the team. He won't have to try half as hard as he did in Arizona.

It is more a question of who may be the new owner. The logical choice is Desmarais who has his hands in Desjardins, but there will be other suitors as well. I am not a bankruptcy expert but they need their obligations satisfied first before the NHL.

Just like Melnyk buying the Sens all those years ago. He beat everyone to the punch, but there was no guarantee, at that time, that the team would not move.

PriceWaterhoussCoopers had the paper back then. They just wanted their money.

I'm sure bettman will hear ownership's side of the story and ,honestly , two cash crunches with the same franchise is not a good look either.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Back on topic: #MelnykBoycott stands out a bit more to me. Obviously #MelnykOut has a presence in the community/media already, so growing that will also raise increased awareness.

I feel #MelnykBoycott is a more direct message to the community to boycott Melnyk affiliated products.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Coladin,

We both know who is sitting on the sidelines waiting to come forward. I hate losing EK and if we have to lose Stone and Duchene that will suck, but the franchise will be much better off in the long run in the hands poised to take over.
Good post. Wishful thinking though. Imagine if you're wrong. Lol.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Back on topic: #MelnykBoycott stands out a bit more to me. Obviously #MelnykOut has a presence in the community/media already, so growing that will also raise increased awareness.

I feel #MelnykBoycott is a more direct message to the community to boycott Melnyk affiliated products.

I agree.

Can a mod change the title to #MelnykBoycott please.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008

Lots of ifs there. Not sure why anyone would buy a team with such a shitty fanbase. Hey I know, I'll buy the team where the fans boycott my product if I don't spend into the red or if i say things they dont like. It's a ridiculous gamble. How stupid will you all feel if you accidentally run your favourite team out of the market?

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Lots of ifs there. Not sure why anyone would buy a team with such a ****ty fanbase. Hey I know, I'll buy the team where the fans boycott my product if I don't spend into the red or if i say things they dont like. It's a ridiculous gamble. How stupid will you all feel if you accidentally run your favourite team out of the market?

Well good thing there are buyers lined up than huh?

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Lots of ifs there. Not sure why anyone would buy a team with such a ****ty fanbase. Hey I know, I'll buy the team where the fans boycott my product if I don't spend into the red or if i say things they dont like. It's a ridiculous gamble. How stupid will you all feel if you accidentally run your favourite team out of the market?

Gee I don't know...maybe because they want in on a billion dollar development project in prime downtown real estate.

There is no chance the Sens are going anywhere, but to Lebreton.

Yourkeyparka

Oct 15, 2010

We have had great teams and poor attendance...now we might have a poor team and they want to have even poorer attendance. Great formula for success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad