Just remember...

Only you can prevent bad mascots

1297616472023_ORIGINAL.jpg

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Canucks fan coming in peace <3

Why a lynx? What does it have to do with the team? I mean, lots of teams these days have human-like mascots like the Vancouver Giants:
vancouvergiantsmascot_160205.jpeg

Why not go with a Rig Worker like the old shoulder patch?
215px-EdmontonOilersRigger.svg.png

You guys have one of the best looks in all of sports right now with all three jerseys. This just doesn't make sense to me.

what does Harvey the hound have to with the Flames
what does Carlton the bear have to do with the Leafs?
how is Youpee connected with the Habs (and Expos)?
what did the San Diego chicken have to do with the Padres? or that Gorilla with the Suns?

its a mascot for the kids...the Lynx is a neat idea...the execution was poor (and terrifying)

Namtsua

Apr 4, 2011
BC
what does Harvey the hound have to with the Flames
what does Carlton the bear have to do with the Leafs?
how is Youpee connected with the Habs (and Expos)?
what did the San Diego chicken have to do with the Padres? or that Gorilla with the Suns?

its a mascot for the kids...the Lynx is a neat idea...the execution was poor (and terrifying)

Someone posted this earlier, but the connection seems to be Flames > Firefighters > Firehouse Dog > Harvey The Hound

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I like it.

Reminds me of Hobbes. Somebody get this cat a Dralthi

hobbes2.jpg

hobbes.jpg

03-27-edm-huntersupplied-copy.jpg.size.xxlarge.promo.jpg

I like it. It's a mascot that if I were foreced to be one, it would be this one.

I do however question it as it scares the hell out of kids and really has nothing to do with the Oilers other than potential that comment on wild Bill Hunter.

Young Lions*

May 27, 2015
The other thing that wigs me out about this is the giant head on the skinny, human-sized body. It's creepy a.f.

Jun 9, 2011
My initial reaction was that this was too frightening for children. When I saw Hunter interacting with a group of kids, I got it. He appeals to a slightly older age group. He has really grown on me. Instead of just goofy, he's got swagger. Instead of cartoon cute, he is more lifelike but with large exaggerated/beautiful eyes. We may have started a trend.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
When they release the plush Hunter dolls I soooooooooo must have one. He is already up there with Mr Met, Sabretooth and Sparky the Dragon as my most loved mascots.

McSpecial DraiBlend

Feb 18, 2010
Kelowna, Canada
My initial response was a lot like everyone elses....."Wholy crap that thing is terrifying!"
Showed it to my 5 and 7 year old and they thought it was awesome. My wife liked it right away.
Maybe I need to get out more:laugh:

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
obviously oilers brass was too busy with their other responsibilies...they left the mascot to the interns...

obviously...

interns like LSD

Well if it was up to the Oilers Brass according to these boards this would be the mascot they would've choose
lolololowe.jpg

Coby

Oct 30, 2015
England
Gotta say that Hunter is already up there with my favourite mascots, I think he's great. Need to see him vs Harvey at the Battle of Alberta :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad