News Article: Meet Hunter - The Oilers New Terrifying Mascot

McJeety McJeet

Nov 5, 2011
Edmonton
skin22.jpg

This is what they should have went with, imo. It's nowhere near as threatening.

This is perfect. Bravo.

There's nothing wrong with the idea for the mascot, it's for kids anyway, but it looks like something out of a nightmare. Not sure who approved that thing but they need to soften it up a bit.

the pen is mightier

Apr 24, 2012
Edmonton
This is perfect. Bravo.

There's nothing wrong with the idea for the mascot, it's for kids anyway, but it looks like something out of a nightmare. Not sure who approved that thing but they need to soften it up a bit.

From the video clip they played before the game, I guess the kids voted for the creepy ass cat.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Star Trek: TNG!

It's the beast that killed Tasha Yar haha.

Hey, wouldn't be the only time it ever happened in Science Fiction TV's movies but creatures are often revisited in different programs and movies. There was one documentary out years ago that was fascinating from that perspective. When budgets/fresh ideas are an issue sometimes the producers just look at what costumes etc they have out in the back lots.

Speaking of which even backlots get recycled. Theres even been Science fiction movies that have used Cowboy and Western backlots. Original star Trek did too afairc.

Last edited:

Section337

Jul 7, 2007
Edmonton, AB
I thought it would be funny to have him as the background on my phone (1st background picture ever), casually horrifying someone with his image. However, I'm the only one I have caught so far, but no more than a dozen times.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Kids seem to love the mascot, adults on the other hand, it seems are using words like, scary, and terrifying....:laugh:
no wonder kids now a days are bubble wrapped, and not allowed to play games like tag, and red rover...
dear God, a lynx mascot is frightening to some people?:laugh:

kurtcobang

Feb 18, 2007
Kids seem to love the mascot, adults on the other hand, it seems are using words like, scary, and terrifying....:laugh:
no wonder kids now a days are bubble wrapped, and not allowed to play games like tag, and red rover...
dear God, a lynx mascot is frightening to some people?:laugh:

This is much more than a Lynx mascot lol
Im on the record, i think its awesome.
My friend showed me a pic tonight of this creature with his sister at the game. The pic was a little dark and man the eyes on this thing gave me legit chills.
I want this abomination of a Lynx everywhere in this city.
Its a shame the octane girls arent back this year. They were very active in the community. My chiropractor was the cheer instructor of the octane girls and said Rogers place was even built with the platforms for them to do whatever they do. She just said the decided to go another way for whatever reason. Now we know what terrifying direction they chose

Last edited:

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I can't take anyone seriously who thought that was from Lost in Space.

Or anybody that liked the LIS creatures more than OST where they all looked like humans with makeup and ears attached...

Oh, and Original Planet of the Apes > Star Wars. So there.;)

jk aside other than the original Star Trek I don't think I've watched 5 episode of anything they put out after that. Just wasn't interested. You could tell me Donald Trump played an alien on that show and I wouldn't know..

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
This is much more than a Lynx mascot lol
Im on the record, i think its awesome.
My friend showed me a pic tonight of this creature with his sister at the game. The pic was a little dark and man the eyes on this thing gave me legit chills.
I want this abomination of a Lynx everywhere in this city. Its a shame the octane girls arent back this year. They were very active in the community.
My chiropractor was the cheer instructor of the octane girls and said Rogers place was even built with the platforms for them to do whatever they do. She just said the decided to go another way for whatever reason. Now we know what terrifying direction they chose

Anybody that thinks Lynx the hunter is scary is watching all the wrong movies. :popcorn:

kurtcobang

Feb 18, 2007
Anybody that thinks Lynx the hunter is scary is watching all the wrong movies. :popcorn:

Dude im not comparing it to some movie or saying it is scary or better than whatever obscure monster or alien show u are talking about.

It's fun and ive talked to 20+ people tonight at work and every one of them were laughing and said it was everything from creepy to hilarious.
Its unintentionally amazing... It has to be unintentional because Oilers right? Anyway its my new fav thing and thats that lol

StupidGenius

Apr 1, 2013

Dude, do you rememberRed Rover? If I had kids I'd be more comfortable with them taking up MMA than playing Shoulder Seperater: The Game.

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
Canucks fan coming in peace <3

Why a lynx? What does it have to do with the team? I mean, lots of teams these days have human-like mascots like the Vancouver Giants:
vancouvergiantsmascot_160205.jpeg

Why not go with a Rig Worker like the old shoulder patch?
215px-EdmontonOilersRigger.svg.png

You guys have one of the best looks in all of sports right now with all three jerseys. This just doesn't make sense to me.

hutter

Mar 6, 2014
I would be ecstatic if this was my team's mascot. You guys are sitting on a gold mine of comedic material and you don't even know it.

scb23

Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton
I love it. Hunter is amazing. My kid said 'woah, that's awesome' when he saw it. I can understand criticizing the connection between a Lynx and the Oilers, but too scary? Come on.

McShiva

5-14-6-1
Aug 27, 2010
I'm pretty confident that our new mascot will beat the crap out of any other mascot. He will then gorge on the entrails, drink the blood and then defecate all over the remains afterwards. And then do that awesome dance.

I love it, other than the sad thought that he may be the scariest thing an opposing team has seen in Edmonton in 10 years.

Debonair

PS4
Jul 20, 2004
It looks cool - the kids like it - anyone *****ing about a mascot needs to relax ;) - anyone says it looks too scary LOL come on grow a pair

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
So our kids chose this mascot? Beautiful.

The new attitude and toughness is trickling down to our young lads and lasses.

Time to say **** you and take over the NHL.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
I don't know if hockey needs mascots, but I do like what the Oilers have chosen.
brilliant choice of name, too.

speaking to people at work whose children have seen the picture, I think the mascot will be very popular with kids.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad