News Article: Meet Hunter - The Oilers New Terrifying Mascot

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Perhaps you missed that was trying to be funny and with purposely stretched speculation.

btw what kids?

Who here has enough dough to spend 200bucks for a hockey ticket at Rogers to bring a kid. No speculation there.

This is a franchise that prices kids and families right out of the market. Kind of funny to have a mascot at all.

I have taken each of my older two to a game per year for the last 3 years or so. It's not all that much more expensive than going to Galaxyland or even the movies for that matter. There are usually lots of kids at the game and if this enhances their game expierience then it's a good thing.

Section337

Jul 7, 2007
Edmonton, AB
RGtDszw.gif

I'm going to get a lot of mileage out of this.

Honestly, this gif should be the only response an Oilers' fan is allowed to post when there is an Oilers' topic on the main boards.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Is there even many kids that go to oiler games? I'd love to take my daughter to a game, but there's no way I'd spend $200 plus for her ticket. Too many better options for that kind of money. NHL hockey in canada is not really a family event.

Rich people. There's lots of em believe it or not.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Dammit! Keeping your secrets close!
Haha. Maybe I will make an album one day. I'd post the links in here but I can't figure out the collapse tags and I don't want to take over the thread. If anyone wants them PM me.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Haha. Maybe I will make an album one day. I'd post the links in here but I can't figure out the collapse tags and I don't want to take over the thread. If anyone wants them PM me.

I don't know how to collapse either. I was wanting to do that when linking like, 6 training camp vids from youtube. There needs to be like, a poster hand guide thread around here or something.

**** CP and their Napoleon complex.

It's not just CP, that whole city is obsessed.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
skin22.jpg

This is what they should have went with, imo. It's nowhere near as threatening.

Certainly much more fitting and appropriate.

They would just have to follow him around the arena with an additional mascot in charge of environmental cleanup.

Just like the real world. :D

kurtcobang

Feb 18, 2007
It is so terrifyingly creepy...
I love it lol
This has to be the most terrifying mascot in sports, well done Oilers. We are going to get soooo much attention with this crazy looking son of a *****
Im calling it a huge win for us

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I have taken each of my older two to a game per year for the last 3 years or so. It's not all that much more expensive than going to Galaxyland or even the movies for that matter. There are usually lots of kids at the game and if this enhances their game expierience then it's a good thing.

Kids have been seen at Rexall in recent seasons because ticket resales were going for as low as 20bucks. Oil Kings money. This is done, dead, and won't be happening to any large degree in the new arena. This is premium priced entertainment now where 4 tickets for a family could cost 1K. I don't know many families that consider that a reasonably priced night on the town, even once/year.

Anyway, did some digging. "Hunter" is named after Bill Hunter, a nice nod, but one of the few times this org does much of anything to denote its founder who would roll in his grave knowing what tickets cost families these days. The very founder of this franchise would never have wanted pro hockey to come to this. Hunter was a man that very much respected the working man, women, middle class family and would give money back or tickets to another game, free, if he thought his club played like crap. Hunter, unlike any present owner realized that pro sports place in hearts and living rooms was dependent on public support and didn't exist without it. He wouldn't dream of the avarice found in todays pro sports. Rant done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad