Recalled/Assigned: MDC Sent Down to make room for Hickey and Ladd

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
MDC held his own and played well but didn't excel enough to really force a hard decision I guess.

We'll need another callup before the end of the year at some point. JHS, MDC and maybe Bellows should all be going all-out every night in the AHL to try and be the one to get that callup. Competition is good. This is what it's like to root for a real hockey team.
Two out of the three may be gone by Monday.

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
I did that once, no joke. That's when I realized I'm not as young and invincible as I used to be.
I don't know how many of you guys are in your 50's, but my back troubles started in my 30's, and nowadays, if I stand up funny my back goes out. My full body MRI report was pages long. Doc said all of the sports contact caught up with me. And I have two partially torn rotator cuffs!! Good times. I still manage to slog thru softball season though.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Maybe this is in preparation for trades.

1) MDC needs playing time
2) Need to get Hickey and Ladd back on the ice so they can see what the have.

I think this has more to do with Trotz liking what he’s seeing more from Kuhnhackl and wanting MDC to play every night than in preparation for trades.

Reactions: beach

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I don't know how many of you guys are in your 50's, but my back troubles started in my 30's, and nowadays, if I stand up funny my back goes out. My full body MRI report was pages long. Doc said all of the sports contact caught up with me. And I have two partially torn rotator cuffs!! Good times. I still manage to slog thru softball season though.
I’m 56. My back troubles stem from all the jogging I did starting in my late 20’s. Back surgeries in my 40s were the results of it.

Reactions: beach

Costigan77

Oct 7, 2014
Manhasset, NY

I'm 37, and recently found out I have a 3/4 rotator cuff tear and my subacromial bursa has burst. I also blew out my knee in college, and now have a cartilage issue. I now have 2 herniated discs in my lower back. I guess I should be happy that I received a degree from a school I had no business being at due to my ability to play lacrosse decently. Didn't know at 37 I would be broken down like an 80 year old

Reactions: MJF and beach

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I generally avoid going to the doctors (all of them) because I'm confident they'll always tell me something is wrong. I just deal with whatever discomfort I have for a long time so I don't have to do whatever the requirement is to fix it (it usually sucks).

Last edited:

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
I generally afvoid going to the doctors (all of them) because I'm confident they'll always tell me something is wrong. I just deal with whatever discomfort I have for a long time so I don't have to do whatever the requirement is to fix it (it usually sucks).

I trust nutritionists and naturopaths more then doctors. Of course with a hole in your head or a busted bone it’s good to have a doc around. For non trauma, if your young and don’t have preexisting conditions, a clean diet with exercise and proper sleep does the body wonders .

Most of the docs are Pill and Vaccine pushers these days

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Fornabio tweeted BST called up a goalie from Worcester, doesn’t feel as though it’s trade or injury related. So it sounds like someone is getting called up maybe.

Dal Colle? Ho-Sang?

Me?

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I hear you. I'm 66, and it was the knees for me, starting in my teens, and compounded by a partially torn ACL in my forties. That and two separated shoulders. The ACL was why I hung up the goal pads, and just play defence. I still manage two games a week (one of them pickup with some guys in their twenties), and a bit of skiing. Ski trip to BC next week.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Good to see Dal Colle contribute. He's never going to live up to his top 5 pick status, but if he works hard and plays the right way, he has the ability and skill to play in the NHL. Didn't score a highlight reel goal by any means but notice all of his 3 goals this year were in the dirty areas, this is what he can provide to the Isles. A guy that will work hard and score dirty goals. Small sample size also, in sheltered mins he has a very respectable GA60 of 1.56. Meaning when he is on the ice, not many 5 v 5 goals are scored against. Maybe, just maybe, he is going to be a part of the Isles team going fwd. We shall see. Of note, the year the Gens won the memorial cup. He played big. Will be interesting to see him in playoff action. Pedigree says he does not shy away from playoff hockey abeit in limited mins.

Last edited:
Reactions: dood and MarsTBOW

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Good to see Dal Colle contribute. He's never going to live up to his top 5 pick status, but if he works hard and plays the right way, he has the ability and skill to play in the NHL. Didn't score a highlight reel goal by any means but notice all of his 3 goals this year were in the dirty areas, this is what he can provide to the Isles. A guy that will work hard and score dirty goals. Small sample size also, in sheltered mins he has a very respectable GA60 of 1.56. Meaning when he is on the ice, not many 5 v 5 goals are scored against. Maybe, just maybe, he is going to be a part of the Isles team going fwd. We shall see. Of note, the year the Gens won the memorial cup. He played big. Will be interesting to see him in playoff action. Pedigree says he does not shy away from playoff hockey abeit in limited mins.
MDC has improved his skating tremendously, and he has the pedigree of a goal scoring winger. He may never be a top line player, but I like the progression I’ve seen from him, and hopefully he becomes a very good second line winger in time

Reactions: MarsTBOW

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
MDC has improved his skating tremendously, and he has the pedigree of a goal scoring winger. He may never be a top line player, but I like the progression I’ve seen from him, and hopefully he becomes a very good second line winger in time

I think he can be a Anders Lee type of player. This is what he should strive to be. Get in the dirty areas work the corners, not be fancy and good things will follow. Maybe the Isles coaches have told him to look at #27, and said this is the right way to play.

Reactions: dood

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
He turned 18 one week before being drafted . Been with us 5 years already but is only 22 . I always hammered him as MDC mistake draft choice. I was wrong. I think he will be more than a mucker. He is showing good vision ,makes a good pass, and always hustles. The goals will come . Moving ahead in the next 1-2 years he will be a 20 goal guy . I hope more than that. I like what he has been showing.Where Beau is always in a hurry MDC seems to slow the game down which is great. He will need a new contract this summer . Maybe a Mayfield or Pelech type deal with some length at low $$$. Looking forward to his future success.

LGI

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
True, unless we're talking about an operating table.

:laugh: Maybe we can rebuild him, make him the world's first bionic man, better, stronger faster. The almost 6 million dollar man.

Not!

MDC is the answer. Isles have been patient with him. Time to see what they got here. Right now he is taking the ball, let's see how far he runs with it.

nystromshairstylist

Dec 13, 2009
He turned 18 one week before being drafted . Been with us 5 years already but is only 22 . I always hammered him as MDC mistake draft choice. I was wrong. I think he will be more than a mucker. He is showing good vision ,makes a good pass, and always hustles. The goals will come . Moving ahead in the next 1-2 years he will be a 20 goal guy . I hope more than that. I like what he has been showing.Where Beau is always in a hurry MDC seems to slow the game down which is great. He will need a new contract this summer . Maybe a Mayfield or Pelech type deal with some length at low $$$. Looking forward to his future success.

LGI

I looked at the 2014 draft and was wondering, if we knew then how the 1st round would turn out today in terms of player skills, who was picked after MDC that we should have? I vote Kevin Fiala or Nylander.

2014 NHL Entry Draft - Wikipedia

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL

LGI
MDC has been OK, certainly better than Ladd, but that has become a very low bar. He works hard but still does not use his size to great enough effect, lacks puck possession skills and is a horrible shooter. Still a work in progress and there is upside yet to be realized but by no means is he assured of future NHL level success unless he keeps working on all aspects of his game.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00