Recalled/Assigned: MDC Sent Down to make room for Hickey and Ladd

Metnut

Jan 19, 2013
MDC held his own and played well but didn't excel enough to really force a hard decision I guess.

We'll need another callup before the end of the year at some point. JHS, MDC and maybe Bellows should all be going all-out every night in the AHL to try and be the one to get that callup. Competition is good. This is what it's like to root for a real hockey team.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I don’t think Hickey and Ladd have been activated off of LTIR. I think their condition stints have just ended. That’s what it reads like anyway.

So with Dal Colle being sent down, the roster currently sits at 22 with one more spot needing to be opened up to activate both Hickey and Ladd.

Reactions: Riseonfire

Spybot

May 12, 2014
It was encouraging to find out MDC isn't a complete writeoff, but there's no question a healthy Ladd is the superior player. Hickey can split games with Pelech.

Reactions: Cygnusx1018

Spybot

May 12, 2014
I don’t think Hickey and Ladd have been activated off of LTIR. I think their condition stints have just ended. That’s what it reads like anyway.

So with Dal Colle being sent down, the roster currently sits at 22 with one more spot needing to be opened up to activate both Hickey and Ladd.
Yes, I believe that's the way it works. I'm guessing they activate Ladd now and Hickey after the deadline.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Yes, I believe that's the way it works. I'm guessing they activate Ladd now and Hickey after the deadline.

That could very well be the case. I think Ladd gets in on the back-to-back, since I don’t see Kuhnhackl as an everyday player.

As far as Hickey, I don’t know who he would even go in for at this point. Pelech’s using his size effectively now and has cut down on the turnovers.

Reactions: dood

Spybot

May 12, 2014
That could very well be the case. I think Ladd gets in on the back-to-back, since I don’t see Kuhnhackl as an everyday player.

As far as Hickey, I don’t know who he would even go in for at this point. Pelech’s using his size effectively now and has cut down on the turnovers.
I could see Hickey replacing Pelech after a couple of bad losses or something, but discounting that I guess there's little reason to mess with the bottom 4 right now.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
Hickey is going to spell players that need a rest from time to time. He'll play during the 2nd of back to backs or when they have 3 games in 4 nights. We're in good shape if Hickey is #7 and Sbisa is pushed to #8.

Ladd is clearly an upgrade on Mooseknuckle and maybe even MDC at this point; and with options, there was almost zero chance MDC wasn't being sent to Bridgeport. Of course, this can all change in less than a week with the deadline looming.

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
Looks like the return of Ladd either tomorrow or Thurs with MDC to BPT. Not sure when Hickey gets activated. Seems pretty harsh to waive Sbisa 6 days before roster limit removed.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
I'm still not understanding why people think MDS played so well in the NHL this season. I didn't see it at all. I saw a player who never really drove or created plays with no hint he would be able to in the future. It's almost as if people are judging him on thinking he was a bust going into this year, and just because he had a few decent shifts now he "played very well."

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Anyone else notice we haven't seen 1CupSince since MDC hasn't been playing as well/is now gone

He's been banned.

I'm still not understanding why people think MDS played so well in the NHL this season. I didn't see it at all. I saw a player who never really drove or created plays with no hint he would be able to in the future. It's almost as if people are judging him on thinking he was a bust going into this year, and just because he had a few decent shifts now he "played very well."

MDC? He's provided an adequate third line performance. Sometimes that's important.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
He's been banned.
SpottedEducatedArmyworm-small.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad