McLeod and Foote sexual assault charges thread

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
And someone who killed another person via car crash driving 113MPH.
That was Myles Bell

I think that accident caused him to plummet in draft rankings as well.

I always got him confused with Miles Wood early on. They were both around the same age and prospects at the same time, and both had the same first name, but with different spelling.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
And someone who killed another person via car crash driving 113MPH.

I didn't remember this one but Myles Bell was drafted in 2013, at least it looked like it was just an accident and he was a 17 year kid driving too fast. Stupid? Absolutely but I didn't see anything about him being drunk and I'm sure he still feels absolutely horrible about killing his girlfriend.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I actually don’t blame the organization . . .
I would hope most do not. Unless something comes out that shows that there was either knowledge of this beforehand or some intent to conceal things, I'm not sure what your organization really did wrong. And if someone DID know, unless this was organization-wide, I wouldn't even blame the full org.

And I say this as a Rangers fan.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Don’t forget about Boucher, another sack of shit.

WTF, we even had a creepy mascot. “1993: New Jersey Devils mascot Slapshot is retired after the team fires its performer for improperly touching three women while in costume.”

Wasn't the PA announcer some kind of sex offender too?

forceten

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
I think it was over him liking certain tweets, there were some other rumors out there too but yeah another creep that worked for us.

I think if one hasn't learned over the last decade of #metoo and such that there are a lot of f***ing creeps out there, the problem is the observer.

The last 7-8 years in our politics have shown there were a lot of people with latent racist, xenophobic, angry and aggressive tendencies that weren't saying these things out loud.

People are probably by and large good, but there are a lot of bad ones, and there's also not much to push people from good to bad.

Mr Bojanglez

Aug 17, 2007
From Jersey w/ Love
That was Myles Bell

I think that accident caused him to plummet in draft rankings as well.

I always got him confused with Miles Wood early on. They were both around the same age and prospects at the same time, and both had the same first name, but with different spelling.

Same - always confused 'em.

But i also thought Myles Bell was going to be a hidden gem. Guess not.

Reactions: Bleedred

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
I have no issue with him going on a vacation with his GF before trial, do whatever the hell you want. But for the love of god, could you be any less dense by posting it to social media? People there don't care what they say and you're just opening yourself up for criticism.

Agree on both points, if this was someone else that saw them on vacation and posted a picture that they took discreetly, fine. It’s only distasteful because she’s the one sharing it.

But I don’t think they’re being dense. I think this is intentional. It’s a “f*** you” to the people that are criticizing him.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Agree on both points, if this was someone else that saw them on vacation and posted a picture that they took discreetly, fine. It’s only distasteful because she’s the one sharing it.

But I don’t think they’re being dense. I think this is intentional. It’s a “f*** you” to the people that are criticizing him.

I understand both of point of views, it's definitely not smart and you deserve to be ripped for it but at the same time, there's nothing legit we can do until trial starts so it's also whatever. Really really dumb from his GF to post that too.

Reactions: My3Sons

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Pretty sure instagram allows you to do that as well, completely brain dead on her part

People being up in arms over it is also silly. If he believes he's fully innocent and so does his girlfriend people can't expect them to just sit in the house for almost 2 years before the trial starts.

But yeah I would have absolutely not just let random people see what I was doing either but I feel that way about social media in general anyway lol

Reactions: HBK27

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
People being up in arms over it is also silly. If he believes he's fully innocent and so does his girlfriend people can't expect them to just sit in the house for almost 2 years before the trial starts.

But yeah I would have absolutely not just let random people see what I was doing either but I feel that way about social media in general anyway lol

Oh I agree, you can't expect them to and I'm sure they'll be dumb people trying to do vigilante type of shit. The guy is mostly likely to be a scumbag but let the courts lock him

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Are they paying their own legal fees?

Or are they tapping the slush fund...

There's absolutely no way Team Canada is sticking their necks out for these guys, not after being outed for having the slush funds to begin with and all the sponsorships they lost over it.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I’d love it if somebody recognized him and curb stomped him.

But he’s probably safe there. The chances of anybody recognizing him are probably really low.

He’s probably got a much greater chance of being noticed in Jersey and maybe even the highest chance in Canada.

He’s probably all over the TV in Canada, all over their news channels.

Reactions: Bone Density

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I’d love it if somebody recognized him and curb stomped him.

But he’s probably safe there. The chances of anybody recognizing him are probably really low.

He’s probably got a much greater chance of being noticed in Jersey and maybe even the highest chance in Canada.

He’s probably all over the TV in Canada, all over their news channels.

Angry mob violence is never the answer. Even for McLeod. If he’s tried and convicted there is a lengthy jail sentence that presumably is waiting for him. The conviction would also cost him whatever is left of a career. He will forever be scarred in Canada as you’ve noted. Curb stomping seems cruel and unusual although I understand the urge.

Ok. It’s almost never the answer. Where bad goaltending is concerned all bets are off.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Angry mob violence is never the answer. Even for McLeod. If he’s tried and convicted there is a lengthy jail sentence that presumably is waiting for him. The conviction would also cost him whatever is left of a career. He will forever be scarred in Canada as you’ve noted. Curb stomping seems cruel and unusual although I understand the urge.

Ok. It’s almost never the answer. Where bad goaltending is concerned all bets are off.
I disagree on the violence not being the answer, well, actually you’re right. Is isn’t the answer. But I do think vengeance is fine to a degree. It’s kind of why I’m against the death penalty as it currently exists, though not against the concept of a death penalty. I’m probably treading political talk though.

That said, I certainly respect the opinion that it’s not right. I won’t argue against anyone who believes violence is not the answer. It’s certainly a commendable opinion to have.

But I am admittedly vengeful to a degree. Certainly not over petty things though.

I wouldn’t feel an ounce bad for any of these guys if they were beaten up pretty badly. That much I can say.

Reactions: My3Sons

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad