McLeod and Foote sexual assault charges thread

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Figure this needs it's own thread at this point. It deserves a place to be talked about but since this isn't going to get any definite answers any time soon we should give it it's own place so we can separate it from the daily discussion of the current team since these 2 will not be back on the team this season and most likely ever again.

If you aren't up to date on what is going on...

And here is a video going in to details about the incident as well...

Last edited:

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
Stop saying it's weird that we signed a million 4th liners in the last year, it's not weird at all.

Reactions: mdj12784

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
So think this will move the needle on the 2003 investigation I mean they do have video of the incident no clue why that hasn’t been mainstream

Reactions: billingtons ghost

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
McLeod apparently is the one who reached out after via text asking about the police. Guys a total piece of shit.
Watch his interviews when asked about it. I think coming into the 2022 training camp and maybe they even asked him again this summer when he re-signed? I forgot.

If you can stomach to watch the guy and see his face again. I absolutely cannot.

But I remember them well enough to recall his body language and the look on his face when he was asked about it. Looked like he was certainly nervous and guilty. He read like someone that had something to hide.

I was confident that he either did something or he knew a lot about it and was maybe attempting to hide anything he knew.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
So think this will move the needle on the 2003 investigation I mean they do have video of the incident no clue why that hasn’t been mainstream

Because money and power talks real well.

Now that McLeod got two charges. This is looking very likely he is initiator, intimidator or both.....

Really couldn't get much worse of a scenario for all devils fans around. It's quite the embarrassment for our team. He's the only guy who got the extra charge... If that isn't telling, I don't know what is.

Reactions: Hockey Sports Fan

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Watch his interviews when asked about it. I think coming into the 2022 training camp and maybe they even asked him again this summer when he re-signed? I forgot.

If you can stomach to watch the guy and see his face again. I absolutely cannot.

But I remember them well enough to recall his body language and the look on his face when he was asked about it. Looked like he was certainly nervous and guilty. He read like someone that had something to hide.

I was confident that he either did something or he knew a lot about it and was maybe attempting to hide anything he knew.
I don't even know how I'd go about finding them but I'd like to see it.

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
I don't even know how I'd go about finding them but I'd like to see it.

I want to say Amanda Stein was the one who asked him? He gave a “I’m not going to talk about it” short response during camp. It was a valid question because McLeod and one other player from the team during the summer if I remember correctly never came out with statement about the incident.

KovalchukFistPump

Too lazy to change username
Dec 24, 2008
California
I want people to really think twice about their “Fitz must go” statements in the other thread. I know it’s probably the typical internet emotional take, but just no. I don’t want him fired over this. But maybe it’s my personal copium because I think he’s been a great GM.

Reactions: HBK27

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
I want to say Amanda Stein was the one who asked him? He gave a “I’m not going to talk about it” short response during camp. It was a valid question because McLeod and one other player from the team during the summer if I remember correctly never came out with statement about the incident.

No way Amanda Stein would have asked that

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Thank you for the separate thread. This was needed
While I agree for the moment, you guys better play nice in here and keep the personal beefs with each other out of the thread or we'll have to bin all the talk of this to the main boards, especially since these apparent douches are no longer Devils-related. Not meaning this for you specifically but the other thread was already getting...testy

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I want people to really think twice about their “Fitz must go” statements in the other thread. I know it’s probably the typical internet emotional take, but just no. I don’t want him fired over this. But maybe it’s my personal copium because I think he’s been a great GM.
While I agree that we can't blindly cast stones against Fitz because it's impossible to ascertain what he actually knew for 'certain' and when (and to be clear we still don't KNOW for certain what happened, just that every arrow is pointing to this being not good), this reasoning is ironic considering you could argue Fitz used a similar rationale to justify keeping McLeod.

Of course I didn't want to assume MM was guilty either based on his...reluctance to speak publicly about this in the offseason, but here we are.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Because money and power talks real well.

Now that McLeod got two charges. This is looking very likely he is initiator, intimidator or both.....

Really couldn't get much worse of a scenario for all devils fans around. It's quite the embarrassment for our team. He's the only guy who got the extra charge... If that isn't telling, I don't know what is.
And we're the only team with 'two' players involved as well, Foote was probably an unnecessary own goal by Fitz but it's hard to preemptively bin off guys based off of...circumstantial evidence of guilt? Formenton got binned off by the entire league way before anyone else, which is why I'm kinda surprised it isn't him with the extra charge atm.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Tough to say any of these clubs knew.

Senators definitely knew more than maybe other teams because batherson was on the 2018 wjc team and on the senators with formenton. Which could explain why formenton was banished so quickly especially if barherson gave management insight into what actually happened

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Tough to say any of these clubs knew.

Senators definitely knew more than maybe other teams because batherson was on the 2018 wjc team and on the senators with formenton. Which could explain why formenton was banished so quickly especially if barherson gave management insight into what actually happened
It explains why Ottawa banished him, doesn't really explain why the rest of the league did too.

Reactions: Whaddagoal

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
My knee jerk reaction to the likely but not confirmed possibility that McLeod is player 1 was disgust at the FO.

I’m not ready to say Fitz has to go but would not be surprised if more comes out and I get there. I also wouldn’t be surprised if McLeod is not player 1 and we are misinterpreting what the charges mean. I’ll wait to hear more before condemning the FO even if it means waiting 2-3 years.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
It explains why Ottawa banished him, doesn't really explain why the rest of the league did too.
My guess is word got around and the act of the senators sending him to the gulag was a clear indication that there was something more to it. I don’t think many teams were willing to jump on that grenade considering the senators were willing to disbar a young productive player with team control

Mirka the Turka

Jesus loves you
Oct 20, 2022
The main thing is innocent before being proven guilty. Let’s stop letting rumors become our reality. Thanks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad