McKenzie/Ferraro comments on O'Reilly and Sabres, 'unbelievable culture of losing'

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
A couple questions:

-Can we stop pretending ROR is some kind of cancerous evil-doer who must be jettisoned?

-Can we stop indicting Botteril for making a trade that...he hasn't made yet?

I was literally thinking the same thing. People are already bashing Botterill for the return he MIGHT get IF he were to trade ROR, which he has said he isn't doing.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
A couple questions:

-Can we stop pretending ROR is some kind of cancerous evil-doer who must be jettisoned?

-Can we stop indicting Botteril for making a trade that...he hasn't made yet?
Or maybe you could just take posts with a grain of salt? I never saw one poster say "Cancerious evil-doer whom must be jettisoned" :dunno:

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
He’s a goner, and I’m good with that. Well see what Botts can get for him, but it’s going to be a huge win to get his whining act out of the locker room.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
He’s a goner, and I’m good with that. Well see what Botts can get for him, but it’s going to be a huge win to get his whining act out of the locker room.

yea, that will teach them how to win...

Honestly, how many games do you think we would've have won this year without ROR.

Reactions: cybresabre

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
The other question is....This team skill wise should not have finished last place.

So who is to blame? If it is the locker room then ROR should go. If it is the coach then Housley should go.

The problem is no one really knows.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
I want to believe I can trust Botts not to trade ROR somewhere he can remind us 6 times a year how dumb we were.

Reactions: Chainshot

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
Lol Botterill is a smart dude he's not going to trade ROR for Pacioretty straight up. I doubt he wants to trade ROR but if he does I would expect a stellar return, not sure if Montreal can offer that without crippling themselves.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
Lol Botterill is a smart dude he's not going to trade ROR for Pacioretty straight up. I doubt he wants to trade ROR but if he does I would expect a stellar return, not sure if Montreal can offer that without crippling themselves.
I would like to believe he is a smart dude too but getting a 2nd and a 4th for Kane already makes me nervous.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
Strange and crazy times we are living in. This board was ecstatic the day ROR was brought to Buffalo and the majority of us praised him for his great play and work ethic through his first two seasons with the club. He's had one "bad" year and made an honest comment (for a change) that people read too much into and now he is an off ice problem and a locker room problem and needs to be sent off to some other team. How long until we all want Eichel shipped off because he was pouty once? Who is the next player to fail to fistbump someone and suddenly they are the pariah? Will it be Reinhart? No, it's better to give up the center depth we have needed and coveted for too many years because that guy said some things.

Ferraro is talking out of his ass and McKenzie is saying "Ferraro's talking out of his ass but i understand why he would like ROR to the canadiens." Really, the linked article is McKenzie basically saying ROR is a great player and any team would be lucky to have them and Buffalo isn't going to move him out for a bag of pucks just to make a statement.

/rant :madfire:

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
Strange and crazy times we are living in. This board was ecstatic the day ROR was brought to Buffalo and the majority of us praised him for his great play and work ethic through his first two seasons with the club. He's had one "bad" year and made an honest comment (for a change) that people read too much into and now he is an off ice problem and a locker room problem and needs to be sent off to some other team. How long until we all want Eichel shipped off because he was pouty once? Who is the next player to fail to fistbump someone and suddenly they are the pariah? Will it be Reinhart? No, it's better to give up the center depth we have needed and coveted for too many years because that guy said some things.

Ferraro is talking out of his ass and McKenzie is saying "Ferraro's talking out of his ass but i understand why he would like ROR to the canadiens." Really, the linked article is McKenzie basically saying ROR is a great player and any team would be lucky to have them and Buffalo isn't going to move him out for a bag of pucks just to make a statement.

/rant :madfire:
Ferraro is trying to sell one mans trash(ROR) is another man's treasure(Montreal)

In the end I don't care if ROR is here or not what I care about is winning.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
The other question is....This team skill wise should not have finished last place.

So who is to blame? If it is the locker room then ROR should go. If it is the coach then Housley should go.

The problem is no one really knows.

?

Half the roster was playing two full levels above it's ability.

Girgensons and Wilson playing top 6 roles... when belonging on the 4th line
Seth Griffith playing a 3rd line role... when belonging in the AHL
Beaulieu playing a 2nd-3rd pair role... when belonging as a 7th-8th defensemen
Pominville playing a top 6 role... when belonging on waivers
Pouliot playing a top 6 role... when belonging in Europe
Moulson playing in the NHL... when belonging in the AHL
Jordan Nolan playing 69 games in the NHL... when he should be playing 6.9 games
McCabe playing top 4 minutes.... when he should be playing 3rd pair minutes
Josh Gorges playing 34 games.... when he should be retired
Justin Falk playing 46 games... when he should be in the AHL
Larsson playing 3rd line minutes.... when he should be a 4th liner

The irony of course... is that all this skill you think we had.... was put together by Murray (save Scandella). Botts did absolutely nothing to help that skill.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
Ferraro is trying to sell one mans trash(ROR) is another man's treasure(Montreal)

In the end I don't care if ROR is here or not what I care about is winning.
Doesn't mean Ferraro isn't still talking out of his ass. And my point is ROR is not our trash. When has he legit been trash for this team? I'll take his cap hit as a valid argument, but our team is better with him. You want to win? Trading our best center doesn't help us do that, especially to a team with little to offer us.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
Doesn't mean Ferraro isn't still talking out of his ass. And my point is ROR is not our trash. When has he legit been trash for this team? I'll take his cap hit as a valid argument, but our team is better with him. You want to win? Trading our best center doesn't help us do that, especially to a team with little to offer us.
Sorry I was being sarcastic about it when I posted like he trying to pull the wool over people's eyes...

He look look that guy is trash! We will take him off your hands for some scrubs.

Reactions: 1point21Gigawatts

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
If ROR has to go, the dream would be for a D like Provorov coming back.

I just can't see it happening if the whole basis for a move is that ROR has to go to improve a losing culture.

It just reeks of a pennies on the dollar return, given those circumstances.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
People have already decided that Botteril is a complete idiot, hopelessly lost and un-redeemable. So I'd just get used to that. :rolleyes:

Everything Botts did this year, IMPLIES he's a complete idiot... no one said he is un-redeemable. We just have to pay the cost of him learning on the job... and hope that he does learn.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad