McKenzie/Ferraro comments on O'Reilly and Sabres, 'unbelievable culture of losing'

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
If you read through some post you'll see some that are. Tav will resign with islanders. Drafted by islanders and staying with islanders
Basically the last week of June Islanders ownership will wake up, realize if JT walks they are screwed harder than Stormy Daniels and proceed to give JT everything he wants.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Basically the last week of June Islanders ownership will wake up, realize if JT walks they are screwed harder than Stormy Daniels and proceed to give JT everything he wants.

So, they will fire Garth Snow and hire a competent GM?

If I were JT, that would be the biggest thing for me. I wouldn't want to play for a team that has Snow as the GM.

For some reason, I think the Rangers clear the cap space to sign Tavares.

Reactions: Chainshot

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I thought it was both Vogl and Harrington who were talking about how the players weren't following the game plan. The fault is all on the players. Botts' job is hard, Housley is fine... rinse, repeat.
To be fair, Vogl was talking about what Housley said during his morning game day press availability. What he was expecting to see from the opponent that night and what we needed to do to counter it. It’s the same stuff we can here before every game when it’s rebroadcast during the pregame on WGR or even MSG.

I think you’re making this into much more than it is in order to keep shooting a messenger.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
To be fair, Vogl was talking about what Housley said during his morning game day press availability. What he was expecting to see from the opponent that night and what we needed to do to counter it. It’s the same stuff we can here before every game when it’s rebroadcast during the pregame on WGR or even MSG.

I think you’re making this into much more than it is in order to keep shooting a messenger.

My point has been that the Buffalo hockey press are not very good, much like the team they cover. That hasn't changed. This is a thread about press people reporting things about the Sabres is it not? Does that not have bearing? Geez...

Last edited:
Reactions: SnuggaRUDE

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY

You’re backing terrible journalists because they said some stuff you agree with.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
So, they will fire Garth Snow and hire a competent GM?

If I were JT, that would be the biggest thing for me. I wouldn't want to play for a team that has Snow as the GM.

For some reason, I think the Rangers clear the cap space to sign Tavares.
One of the reasons the owners haven't fired Snow or Weight is because they are scared shitless it would upset JT. It's crazy but true. Common sense would say both needed to be fired but the owners are dumb. And also the idea he signs with the rags is absurd, he would never do that, he has too much integrity to do something so vile. For starters I don't think he wants to be the Mo Johnston of hockey and receive death threats on a daily basis for the rest of his career. Oh and also the rags suck and the team he's on is far more talented as well.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
One of the reasons the owners haven't fired Snow or Weight is because they are scared ****less it would upset JT. It's crazy but true. Common sense would say both needed to be fired but the owners are dumb. And also the idea he signs with the rags is absurd, he would never do that, he has too much integrity to do something so vile. For starters I don't think he wants to be the Mo Johnston of hockey and receive death threats on a daily basis for the rest of his career. Oh and also the rags suck and the team he's on is far more talented as well.

The Islanders had 3 more points than the Rangers this season with JT.

Signing with the Rangers makes a lot of sense if he is tired of the incompetent Islanders management, but he doesn't want to leave the metro NY area.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
The Islanders had 3 more points than the Rangers this season with JT.

Signing with the Rangers makes a lot of sense if he is tired of the incompetent Islanders management, but he doesn't want to leave the metro NY area.
The Islanders were coached by a guy who makes Phail Housley look like Scotty Bowman (oh, and who essentially served as a billet family for a teenage JT when he came to Long Island which might explain why he wasn't fired). With the talent they have even freaking Dan Abysmal probably would've got them into the playoffs. Weight was a historically bad coach. And again he's not signing with the rags. Anyone who knows anything about the guy knows he would never do something that vile and dirty to the Islanders and their fans.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
ROR is being traded. This team is going to look very different next year.

Only asset in Montreal I'd even consider is Mete or Drouin. Mete+2018 1st after failed lottery is the only trade I could imagine. There's no shortage of teams in the NHL that would take on ROR and his contract, it's just a matter of finding one that will bite with a top-7 pick or a top-pairing defender younger than ROR in order to afford those services.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad