69. Dustin Kohn
74. Wacey Rabbit

McArdle should be a rising after his recent hot streak! :yo:

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
markov` said:
I only saw Staal and Parent, and I'd put Staal after Parent. Parent looks like a young Adam Foote to me and is a can't miss prospect.

How about '87 dman Wilson from the OHL?....also Patrick McNeill? How are they coming along?

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
markov` said:
Looks like we won't feel the "WHL domination in this draft", because there is as much Q players and they are higher.

Don't forget basically Bradford and Bertram are western players as well and could someday end up in the WHL.

X-SHARKIE

HabLover said:
How about '87 dman Wilson from the OHL?....also Patrick McNeill? How are they coming along?

I like Ryan Wilson, I saw him play vs the Ottawa 67's and he made some nice plays offnesively and lined up a guy with a very impressive hip check. He'll be a third round pick, McNeil is one hell of a skater and works his tail off but his defensive awareness appears to be a wash at the moment, but he's a dangerous player, he'll be a 2nd round pick likely.

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
Seeing Pouliot play on a regular basis along with Ryan, I find it hard to believe that Pouliot is at 3. I see him going around #15 when all is said and done. He could turn out to be good, but he is a hit or miss. Ryan should be a bit higher. Sleepers from the OHL would be Staal and Blunden of the Erie Otters.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
markov` said:
I only saw Staal and Parent, and I'd put Staal after Parent. Parent looks like a young Adam Foote to me and is a can't miss prospect.

After reading this I looked at Parent's stats and discovered that he has zero OHL fights. Is his physical play otherwise comparable to Foote's or is he just really sound defensively in the Keith Carney mold? :help:

czechhockeyfan

Mar 8, 2003
Czech republic
Visit site
X-SHARKIE said:
I new SKille would rise, I'm going to toot my own horn here (redline style) I had him as my darkhorse before the year began. http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=105234

I'm surprised they're willing to give Latendresse such a break. I can't justify him being in the top 10 when I watch him compared to guys like Bouret, and Zagrapan in the same league working there asses off and showing very high skill level that competes with Latendresse's. I expect Bergfors and Zagrapan to make runs at the top 10 spot after the WJC's my self.

Pouliot ahead of Brule is very surprising. IMO Levasseur from what i've seen should be #4 behind Brule, Crosby, Johnson. It's good to see Johnson at #2 in more lists now :)

A friend of mine told me that Mikko Lehtonen should've been on the FINS WJC's team and how good this guy is. Sounds like a big powerforward coming out of Finland and it's good to see him ranked high at 30.

I'm disapointed with Vladimir Sobotka's ranking..He's the 2nd best Czech player in the tournament and almost stole a spot on the WJC's team from Jakub SIndel. The guy has Sindels skills and plays with alot of heart. Deserves to be much higher then 44.

I also think Luc Bourdon should be higher, I think Chris Durrand is underated at Mckeens and should be pushing for a possible top 10 pick, the guy has eyes on the back of his head and has the sixth sense playmaking ability.

Kopitar is to low. I'm hearing raves about him from some very well respected people.

OVerall good list, and it's about time they released it! it's good that they're giving Marc Staal long over do props and now he's in the top 30.

But Ryan Parent over Luc Bourdon? I don't see it.

Sobotka lacks Sindel´s dynamic skills even if he has good skills. On the other hand Sobotka has excellent work ethic and lots of grit. I would not even put him that high. Martin Hanzal is the top Czech playing in Europe in my opinion.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
rt said:
After reading this I looked at Parent's stats and discovered that he has zero OHL fights. Is his physical play otherwise comparable to Foote's or is he just really sound defensively in the Keith Carney mold? :help:

He is very physical, throw some big hits. Surprised to see he didn't have a fight.

Daniel_Tkaczuk

May 4, 2003
Downtown Halifax
Visit site
X-SHARKIE said:
I'm surprised they're willing to give Latendresse such a break. I can't justify him being in the top 10 when I watch him compared to guys like Bouret, and Zagrapan in the same league working there asses off and showing very high skill level that competes with Latendresse's.

I agree with you except for this point... The past month Bourret hasn't exactly been on fire and has been showing a tendency to be a loose cannon. Playing with fire is one thing, but whoa.

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
X-SHARKIE said:
I new SKille would rise, I'm going to toot my own horn here (redline style) I had him as my darkhorse before the year began. http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=105234

I'm surprised they're willing to give Latendresse such a break. I can't justify him being in the top 10 when I watch him compared to guys like Bouret, and Zagrapan in the same league working there asses off and showing very high skill level that competes with Latendresse's. I expect Bergfors and Zagrapan to make runs at the top 10 spot after the WJC's my self.

Pouliot ahead of Brule is very surprising. IMO Levasseur from what i've seen should be #4 behind Brule, Crosby, Johnson. It's good to see Johnson at #2 in more lists now :)

A friend of mine told me that Mikko Lehtonen should've been on the FINS WJC's team and how good this guy is. Sounds like a big powerforward coming out of Finland and it's good to see him ranked high at 30.

I'm disapointed with Vladimir Sobotka's ranking..He's the 2nd best Czech player in the tournament and almost stole a spot on the WJC's team from Jakub SIndel. The guy has Sindels skills and plays with alot of heart. Deserves to be much higher then 44.

I also think Luc Bourdon should be higher, I think Chris Durrand is underated at Mckeens and should be pushing for a possible top 10 pick, the guy has eyes on the back of his head and has the sixth sense playmaking ability.

Kopitar is to low. I'm hearing raves about him from some very well respected people.

OVerall good list, and it's about time they released it! it's good that they're giving Marc Staal long over do props and now he's in the top 30.

But Ryan Parent over Luc Bourdon? I don't see it.

Sharkie,

Will Johnson's lack of size possibly cause him to drop? Would you select a Kindl over him if psuh came to shove because of his size? I know Green was marked down for his size and he is similar to Johnson.

Hab Fan

Nov 2, 2004
borro said:
Sharkie,

Will Johnson's lack of size possibly cause him to drop? Would you select a Kindl over him if psuh came to shove because of his size? I know Green was marked down for his size and he is similar to Johnson.
Johnson is 6'1' 210 and growing!! besides, that 210 is on a kid with 6% body fat. Certainly has room to grow. Besides, when you combine his size with his toughness/heart, he can't be beat. This kid is a winner!! Remember, some of the big guys don't play big, size alone is only one element. He's not small now either!

X-SHARKIE

Hab Fan said:
Johnson is 6'1' 210 and growing!! besides, that 210 is on a kid with 6% body fat. Certainly has room to grow. Besides, when you combine his size with his toughness/heart, he can't be beat. This kid is a winner!! Remember, some of the big guys don't play big, size alone is only one element. He's not small now either!

Agreed 100% Johnson isn't small, and he plays extremely physical, If Kindl was as physical as Johnson he would be the 2nd overall pick likely, but Johnson does everything you could want a defenseman to do. His size wont cause him to fall.

Daniel_Tkaczuk

May 4, 2003
Downtown Halifax
Visit site
X-SHARKIE said:
Agreed 100% Johnson isn't small, and he plays extremely physical, If Kindl was as physical as Johnson he would be the 2nd overall pick likely, but Johnson does everything you could want a defenseman to do. His size wont cause him to fall.

No question, you might remember him levelling Gilbert Brule at the Under-17s last year. Don't mean to jump all over you on this, but he's like a piece of concrete. The safest #2 pick for the next draft if you ask me.

Stiffler's Mom

Mar 2, 2004
Brule is a clear #2. He is a team player all the way. Has great offensive instincts and works hard in the defensive zone. Can't see Pouliot or Johnson ahead of him.

Stiffler's Mom

Mar 2, 2004
Daniel_Tkaczuk said:
No question, you might remember him levelling Gilbert Brule at the Under-17s last year. Don't mean to jump all over you on this, but he's like a piece of concrete. The safest #2 pick for the next draft if you ask me.

After the whistle cheap head shot. Gutless really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad