12.Jack Skille
13.Alex Bourret
14.Dan Bertram
15.Chris Durand

FearTheFlyers

Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
My Thoughts:

-Pouliot is too high and should be switched with Brule at the very least. Again, I think Bobby Ryan at 8 is the number 1 guy from the OHL. The hype around this kid has soarn like Ladd last year.

-I think Bourret and Ryan should be a little higher, Levassuer and Kindl lower.

Overall it's a decent list.

Hiishawk

Feb 28, 2002
Out there somewhere
Visit site
I like it. I'll go with Pouliot over Brule at this point but it's by a hair. As for Kindl, you get the feeling he's going to break out at any moment as a dominating force (there seems to e some consensus on this).

CH Wizard

Pouliot in front of Brulé ? My goodness , this guy is very high on Pouliot.

Finally someone who put Bobby Ryan in the top 10 :bow:.

THE NEXT ONE #87

Dec 18, 2003
Zurich
Visit site
OneSpeedOnly said:
I'll post the top 15 as it is available to non-suscribers such as myself:

1.Sidney Crosby
2.Jack Johnson
3.Benoit Pouliot
4.Gilbert Brule
5.Jakub Kindl
6.J.P Levassuer
7.Guillaume Latendresse
8.Bobby Ryan
9.Tuukka Rask
10.Ryan O Marra
11.Carey Price
12.Jack Skille
13.Alex Bourret
14.Dan Bertram
15.Chris Durand

What a joke.... Levassuer at 6??? Pouliot at 3? etc. the iss rankings r a way better.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
By the way, they explained in their "Taking a Fall article" why Brule fell so low. They say he is a selfish player: he doesn't use his wingers and take stupid penalties. Most of assists comes from rebounds. However, they say he is still an elite talent.

X-SHARKIE

I new SKille would rise, I'm going to toot my own horn here (redline style) I had him as my darkhorse before the year began. http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=105234

I'm surprised they're willing to give Latendresse such a break. I can't justify him being in the top 10 when I watch him compared to guys like Bouret, and Zagrapan in the same league working there asses off and showing very high skill level that competes with Latendresse's. I expect Bergfors and Zagrapan to make runs at the top 10 spot after the WJC's my self.

Pouliot ahead of Brule is very surprising. IMO Levasseur from what i've seen should be #4 behind Brule, Crosby, Johnson. It's good to see Johnson at #2 in more lists now :)

A friend of mine told me that Mikko Lehtonen should've been on the FINS WJC's team and how good this guy is. Sounds like a big powerforward coming out of Finland and it's good to see him ranked high at 30.

I'm disapointed with Vladimir Sobotka's ranking..He's the 2nd best Czech player in the tournament and almost stole a spot on the WJC's team from Jakub SIndel. The guy has Sindels skills and plays with alot of heart. Deserves to be much higher then 44.

I also think Luc Bourdon should be higher, I think Chris Durrand is underated at Mckeens and should be pushing for a possible top 10 pick, the guy has eyes on the back of his head and has the sixth sense playmaking ability.

Kopitar is to low. I'm hearing raves about him from some very well respected people.

OVerall good list, and it's about time they released it! it's good that they're giving Marc Staal long over do props and now he's in the top 30.

But Ryan Parent over Luc Bourdon? I don't see it.

QMJHLguru

Dec 11, 2004
Halifax
Being a die hard follower of the QMJHL here are my thoughts on the list of first rounders they have ranked...

Crosby - :dunno: do i really need to explain

Levassuer - WAY Too High, i see him in the 10-15 range myself

Latendresse - Hard to say, i like there not giving up hope, the kid had a load of talent, just needs a kick to get things going, at 7th i like this as i would have him in the later part of the top 10 still.

Bourret - Good Spot, maybe a slot or two higher, 10-12 range for me

Zagrapan - Wild Card, but VERY LOW, the WJHC is gonna make or break him i think, his offensive upside has showen in Chicoutimi this year, not he'll bring it to the next level and display it to hundreds of scouts, a great showing will sky rocket his stock, so at the spot they have him this month is good, but come after the WJHC and a strong performence by Marek, i'll expect too see him in the 8-12 spots.

Vincent - A great goalie, has alot to offer, there ranking is good for him as he'll likely go in the 20-25 spots.

Bourdon - Kinda low where they have him, as a late first rounder, myself would have him in the 15-20 range.

Last edited:

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Ismellofhockey said:
Could anyone tell me how many QJMHL players are in McKeen's top 100? I hope that's not contradicting any copyright law.

Crosby
Levasseur
Latendresse
Bourret
Zagrapan
Vincent
Bourdon
Paquet
Churilov
Roy
Andricopoulos
Bartulis
Labrie

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
monster_bertuzzi said:
I wonder if these scouts even watch Brule. Pouliot #3 Brule #4 :lol. Redline has him at #2 at least - where he belongs.

Anyone know how many WHLer's made the top 100? And who?

I see the #2 spot a toss-up between Johnson and Brule.

It's a two horse race for that spot, IMO.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
anyone know where Ilya Zubov is supposed to go? He's supposed to be number one Russian Prospect for the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad