McKeens New Top 100

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Good Flying Bird*

X-SHARKIE said:
I new SKille would rise, I'm going to toot my own horn here (redline style) I had him as my darkhorse before the year began. http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=105234

I'm surprised they're willing to give Latendresse such a break. I can't justify him being in the top 10 when I watch him compared to guys like Bouret, and Zagrapan in the same league working there asses off and showing very high skill level that competes with Latendresse's. I expect Bergfors and Zagrapan to make runs at the top 10 spot after the WJC's my self.

Pouliot ahead of Brule is very surprising. IMO Levasseur from what i've seen should be #4 behind Brule, Crosby, Johnson. It's good to see Johnson at #2 in more lists now :)

A friend of mine told me that Mikko Lehtonen should've been on the FINS WJC's team and how good this guy is. Sounds like a big powerforward coming out of Finland and it's good to see him ranked high at 30.

I'm disapointed with Vladimir Sobotka's ranking..He's the 2nd best Czech player in the tournament and almost stole a spot on the WJC's team from Jakub SIndel. The guy has Sindels skills and plays with alot of heart. Deserves to be much higher then 44.

I also think Luc Bourdon should be higher, I think Chris Durrand is underated at Mckeens and should be pushing for a possible top 10 pick, the guy has eyes on the back of his head and has the sixth sense playmaking ability.

Kopitar is to low. I'm hearing raves about him from some very well respected people.

OVerall good list, and it's about time they released it! it's good that they're giving Marc Staal long over do props and now he's in the top 30.

But Ryan Parent over Luc Bourdon? I don't see it.

Yeah, I've seen Skille a lot this year. He's got a game like Iginla (WOOOOSH ... expecting to get clobbered).

USA U-18 has a slew of guys who might are worthy of 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks.

Even a guy like Jimmy Fraser, who (last I looked) hasn't really been courted by colleges, seems like a decent pick, Speedy. Responsible. Leader. Kind of like Oulahen.
Yet this kid gets absolutely NO play from scouts

Hab Fan

Nov 2, 2004
Newsguyone said:
Yeah, I've seen Skille a lot this year. He's got a game like Iginla (WOOOOSH ... expecting to get clobbered).

USA U-18 has a slew of guys who might are worthy of 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks.

Even a guy like Jimmy Fraser, who (last I looked) hasn't really been courted by colleges, seems like a decent pick, Speedy. Responsible. Leader. Kind of like Oulahen.
Yet this kid gets absolutely NO play from scouts
Don't mean to be critical of kids, I actually hope the best for them all, but Fraser will be lucky to be drafted at all. Just an opinion, lack of college interest might tell you something. The player I like next year is Mueller, he will go higher than Kessel. Better NHL prospect. Best to them all.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Fraser is going to Harvard. One publication I respect thinks he might end up being a better college player than some of his more highly touted team mates. I was surprised to see that.

A Good Flying Bird*

Hab Fan said:
Don't mean to be critical of kids, I actually hope the best for them all, but Fraser will be lucky to be drafted at all. Just an opinion, lack of college interest might tell you something. The player I like next year is Mueller, he will go higher than Kessel. Better NHL prospect. Best to them all.

Yeah, Meuller is a very good player.

The most underrated US forward, IMO, in this year's draft is Justin Mercier. (USHLer)
He's 5'11 and just 175 pounds, which is probably why you don't here much about him.
But he's terrific. Superfast. Great with the puck.
I wouldn't be upset if my team took him in the 2nd round.

People will scoff but I rank him just below Stoa and above guys like Jason Bailey, and Jason Lawrence.

A Good Flying Bird*

Hab Fan said:

Oh. I didn't mean he's a high pick.
Just a guy who should warrant some consideration deep in the draft.
He's got guts. You can't teach that.
Guts plus speed = potential NHL role player.

Hab Fan

Nov 2, 2004
Newsguyone said:
Yeah, Meuller is a very good player.

The most underrated US forward, IMO, in this year's draft is Justin Mercier. (USHLer)
He's 5'11 and just 175 pounds, which is probably why you don't here much about him.
But he's terrific. Superfast. Great with the puck.
I wouldn't be upset if my team took him in the 2nd round.

People will scoff but I rank him just below Stoa and above guys like Jason Bailey, and Jason Lawrence.
Very good points. I question over Bailey only from a potential point of view. Mercier has more skill, but Bailey certainly has a mean, tough streak in him. He could be a real steal in the 2-3 round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->