McDavid Wins Back to Back Art Ross' With a 108 Point Season, 2nd Youngest to Do So Behind #99

Does McDavid win the Art Ross and hit 100 points?

• He wins the Art Ross but doesn't hit 100 points.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
MacKinnon has won the Hart Trophy I think. Basically locked up unless Colorado collapses in their remaining games.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Colorado has had 87 more power plays than the Oilers.. not a f***ing surprise that MacKinnon has 1 measly point more than McDavid.

Barrie has twice as many power play points than the entire Oilers D.

Rantanen leads the Avs with 30 PP pts.

Rantanen and Barrie have been huge boosts for MacKinnon and without those 2 he'd be doing far less than a point per game this year.

I think it's f***ing amazing actually that McDavid is going to post 100 pts on a team that's fallen close to 30 pts from last season and has one of the worst power plays in NHL history... 26 f***ing PP goals all season long and the refs have handed out the stingiest amount of PP opportunities as the cherry on this shit cake.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
He is still the fav to win the Art Ross I think. He is clicking with Nuge. The powerplay is destine to score a bit at least down the stretch. I think he finishes with 105 ish and wins by a point or two.

Jamin

Aug 25, 2009
Literally anyone close to him has almost double the pp points. Think if Mcdavid had 29 or 34 ppp instead of 16. If he doesnt win the pp coach cost him it. Cant do much more at even strength

Reactions: Aerrol

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
Colorado has had 87 more power plays than the Oilers.. not a ****ing surprise that MacKinnon has 1 measly point more than McDavid.

Rantanen and Barrie have been huge boosts for MacKinnon and without those 2 he'd be doing far less than a point per game this year.

I think it's ****ing amazing actually that McDavid is going to post 100 pts on a team that's fallen close to 30 pts from last season and has one of the worst power plays in NHL history... 26 ****ing PP goals all season long and the refs have handed out the stingiest amount of PP opportunities as the cherry on this **** cake.

MacK missed two weeks.........

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
97 will hit 100. That's a given, will he however win the Art Ross... stay tuned. McDavid is facing the Canucks - last game of the year. If he is within 2 points , I fully expect him to light up the Nucks.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
If the Oilers even had the League average in PP this season regardless how bad it is , Mcdavid would have 24 pp pts puting him at 98 pts , also those bs called back goals like one in ot he would have another 4 pts this season for 102 , even if he does not win Art Ross there should be an asterick beside his name for the incredible 74 pts in 73 games 5/5 or worse his even strength points alone puts him in 18th place in scoring ahead of Barkov . He will soon in his career win a scoring title by 30 points ,,simply the best in the world

Reactions: MikeGrier99

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Colorado has had 87 more power plays than the Oilers.. not a ****ing surprise that MacKinnon has 1 measly point more than McDavid.

I think it's ****ing amazing actually that McDavid is going to post 100 pts on a team that's fallen close to 30 pts from last season and has one of the worst power plays in NHL history... 26 ****ing PP goals all season long and the refs have handed out the stingiest amount of PP opportunities as the cherry on this **** cake.
This right here to me shows the difference between Colorado and Edmonton this season. We are definitely a worse team than last year but if we had a PP that was as good as it should be we would be in the playoffs or fighting for playoffs and Connor would be leading the league by far.

Coaching needs to be changed or next seasons a wash too.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
4 point night for McDavid. Currently within 1 point of Kucherov. MacKinnon up to 92 with an assist in the first tonight 2 points back of McDavid but still 2 periods for him to play and he's been unstoppable.

Damn this is a hell of a race lol.

Now up to 75 ES points in 74 games. Henrik Sedin has the most ES points in a season in the post lockout era with 83 in 09-10. 8 games and 8 points for Connor to tie that amount. Would be pretty sick if he could pass that.

Just for comparison, Sid's best season in ES points is 72.

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
Kucherov 95, 8 GR
McDavid 94, 8 GR
MacKinnon 92, 7 GR
Malkin 91, 8 GR
Giroux 90, 7 GR

Tighter than a 10 year old back injury.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oilers Propagandist

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I think he gets at least 13 points in those final 8 games which would bring him to 107. I think it comes down to McDavid vs. MacKinnon, especially if Tampa decides to rest Kucherov and the big guys.

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
I think he gets at least 13 points in those final 8 games which would bring him to 107. I think it comes down to McDavid vs. MacKinnon, especially if Tampa decides to rest Kucherov and the big guys.

The important thing is to take a lead before the last week. It would be easier to justify resting Kucherov if he's trailing by a couple points instead of leading.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
What's insane is if we had a decent PP, McDavid would have at least 10-15 more points and this wouldn't even a discussion.
Draisaitl would have at least 75 points by now as well and we'd probably be battling for a playoff spot.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
I don't think people understand how impressive it is for someone to win the scoring title on the 18th best scoring team in the league. Every one above McD plays on a team that scores .5 or more goals per game. That may not sound impressive, but over a year thats 50 some more goals. if you get points on 1/3 (below McD's average) of those goals you are easily winning the scoring title.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Wonder how far ahead in the race he would be if we didn't waste 2 months of his time making him try to set up Lucic, lol.

Loving this Nuge+McDavid magic.
Wouldn't even be a race if it was Nuge + McDavid together instead of Lucic + McDavid

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad