McDavid or Matthews

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
It's hard to take it seriously though. You're creating a more positive environment for Matthews and making a parallel for that non-existent player between McDavid. For sure, if they post similar amounts of points it's a legitimate discussion. But so far, we have nothing that indicates it's reality. You're effectively saying "would you pick my fantasy guy over the real player". Doesn't really make sense.

I hear what you are saying, but like anything it was intended to make people think. I also said I am on the Mcdavid side of things right now.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
It's just ridiculous though.

It's like asking:
If RNH was as good as Auston Matthews, who would you rather have stylistically?
Do you not get how ridiculous that sounds?

Sure it does, but one for sure is not realistic, the other is a realistic possibility, or maybe never. Thats why i asked

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
I hear what you are saying, but like anything it was intended to make people think. I also said I am on the Mcdavid side of things right now.

I just think your premise for this thread is maybe better suited for Leafs board. Cause we're not talking about two real players here, we're talking about McDavid and some version of Matthews we haven't seen yet. It's nice to talk about this stuff within fans, but this general section might not be the place for this. I don't mean this as an attack or anything, just saying that you're setting your own thread for a bad premise.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Think what? McDavid is an Art Ross and Hart winner at age of 20.

Dude they are 20 and 21, yes Mcdavid is amazing, but both have a lot of years ahead of them, I just wanted people to think of team needs and who fills them for them better all things equal production wise.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Dude they are 20 and 21, yes Mcdavid is amazing, but both have a lot of years ahead of them, I just wanted people to think of team needs and who fills them for them better all things equal production wise.
You're projecting some weird scenario here when your dude has not accomplished the same feats.

Again, there's no "THINK" here.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
How about if Aho and Matthews both score 80+ points this year, who would you take going forward?

See what a useless exercise this is?

Va
I just think your premise for this thread is maybe better suited for Leafs board. Cause we're not talking about two real players here, we're talking about McDavid and some version of Matthews we haven't seen yet. It's nice to talk about this stuff within fans, but this general section might not be the place for this. I don't mean this as an attack or anything, just saying that you're setting your own thread for a bad premise.

Fair enough, I was actually curious about who would want who as they both play so differently, but If it is something we can't talk about then I will just close it.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Not a comparison thread, It was if both had the same production, who has the preferred playing style, hence why I wrote it in the first post.
The only reason I have McDavid over Matthews is the difference in point production. Right now, McDavid's the better offensive player (point producer) while Matthews is the better all around player. Gotta wait to see if Matthews can come close enough to McDavid in points for him to have a chance to pass him.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Fair enough, I was actually curious about who would want who as they both play so differently, but If it is something we can't talk about then I will just close it.

We can talk about it, but your premise is fiction so far so it's not going to end up to nothing more than just bickering. But don't close the thread just cause I said so, I'm just giving my 2 cents.

Quiet Jack

Mar 24, 2017
Va

Don't worry about it. Your intentions seem fine. If this situation does arise then feel free to ask the same question.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
The only reason I have McDavid over Matthews is the difference in point production. Right now, McDavid's the better offensive player (point producer) while Matthews is the better all around player. Gotta wait to see if Matthews can come close enough to McDavid in points for him to have a chance to pass him.

In 2009 Sedin won the scoring title, Crosby won the cup. I just think points are one part of the equation, hockey is so much more.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

McDavidCrushedLarkin

Jun 12, 2016
Matthews would have to be on a 5-6 million contract and get an Art Ross, Hart and Lindsay in his 2nd year for me to consider this silliness.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
We can talk about it, but your premise is fiction so far so it's not going to end up to nothing more than just bickering. But don't close the thread just cause I said so, I'm just giving my 2 cents.

Fair enough, but it was 100 percent not a comparison of two players, it was more about whats your personal preference.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
So the premise of the OP is, assume both players produce 100 points, who would you rather have? That's kind of ignoring a big part of why McDavid's the better player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad