McDavid or Matthews

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
I give the benefit of the doubt to the reigning hart winner, but what if both players end up 100+ point players, who would you want on your team, as in playing style etc.

Remember, Mcdavid is number 1 right now, its only if both end up with similar production. So I am talking contracts, your team needs, cycle game, playoff potential, drawing a defence in etc. Who would lead a team or affect a game more while still having similar production.

Last edited:

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
At this point, Matthews has to prove that he's as good as McDavid. McDavid is legitimately the best player in the world or the second best after Sid. As much as I love Matthews, until he makes serious noise on Hart voting and Art Ross race he's still going to be considered slightly worse player. That said, I do think Matthews is good enough to be better than McDavid in any given night.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Guessing 95% of people don't bother reading the OP to see the context of the question.

That being said not sure why it's worth getting people to decide who they want more if you're guaranteeing they both score the same amount of points. That takes out 80% of the decision process.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
McDavid.

If Matthews has a steal of a contract, however, that could swing things.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
it would be great if the Leafs had Matthews and Eichel and Laine and McDavid purely so we could stop with the comparison threads

Not a comparison thread, It was if both had the same production, who has the preferred playing style, hence why I wrote it in the first post.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Guessing 95% of people don't bother reading the OP to see the context of the question.

That being said not sure why it's worth getting people to decide who they want more if you're guaranteeing they both score the same amount of points. That takes out 80% of the decision process.
Yeah, that's what I was trying to get at. Playing style, teams needs, playoffs etc. People quickly freak out and think it is only a "who is better" thread, hell I prefer Mcdavid right now lol

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
McDavid.

If Matthews has a steal of a contract, however, that could swing things.

Exactly! Thats the kind of stuff I wanted to get at, like say Matty signs at 10.5 per, does it change a persons opinion...

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
I completely understood that.

And this is still a thread we don't need.

So we just don't ask questions or post anything to do with these players? I hear ya, and I hate people just spouting off, but why can't other posters take some responsibility in the way they post? Look at things objectively, or do we save them from themselves and post only topics that won't upset them?

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Exactly! Thats the kind of stuff I wanted to get at, like say Matty signs at 10.5 per, does it change a persons opinion...
No, McDavid is easily worth the $2M difference even then.
When I watch McDavid play, every single time he is on the ice, he is a storm you hope to contain.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Not a comparison thread, It was if both had the same production, who has the preferred playing style, hence why I wrote it in the first post.

It's hard to take it seriously though. You're creating a more positive environment for Matthews and making a parallel for that non-existent player between McDavid. For sure, if they post similar amounts of points it's a legitimate discussion. But so far, we have nothing that indicates it's reality. You're effectively saying "would you pick my fantasy guy over the real player". Doesn't really make sense.

bionic

Sep 5, 2009
markham
Two Great players with different skill sets. any team would be damn lucky to have either of them

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
So we just don't ask questions or post anything to do with these players? I hear ya, and I hate people just spouting off, but why can't other posters take some responsibility in the way they post? Look at things objectively, or do we save them from themselves and post only topics that won't upset them?
It's just ridiculous though.

It's like asking:
If RNH was as good as Auston Matthews, who would you rather have stylistically?
Do you not get how ridiculous that sounds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->