Recalled/Assigned: McCormick called up | Update: Back to the Bingo Hall

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
O'dell has been the best player down there he should be the next call up.

agree. even though he may not be the guy the org. wants as the first callup, may be a good idea to find out what he is sooner than later. then can move on from him if need be.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
agree. even though he may not be the guy the org. wants as the first callup, may be a good idea to find out what he is sooner than later. then can move on from him if need be.

Hes a better option than smith that is for sure... I also recognize the doctor in your picture. I have watched a few of his videos as well as his son's.

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
Hes a better option than smith that is for sure... I also recognize the doctor in your picture. I have watched a few of his videos as well as his son's.

Yeah, I read through the book because my family has a history of heart problems. It's one of those few books that could potentially save someone's life.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Yeah, I read through the book because my family has a history of heart problems. It's one of those few books that could potentially save someone's life.

I've read his book too. Really interesting and changed my habits considerably after this and many more documentaries (Forks over knives, Cowspiracy, Earthlings and more)

We all die at some point, more important is how you live, not how long.

Oh yea? I'd say how you live is directly affected by how you eat and what you put into your body because that's what fuels you. People have a different definition of ''how you live''. For some it's eating whatever you want at any time and creating greater chances of getting heart diseases and cancer and suffering for years of these illnesses (which people tend to not think about when they say it's not how long you live) and also obesity comes into play and I know many obese people who are miserable and it also pains the family and friends to see people hurt themselves just because they like the tase of bacon if you know what I mean... , for some others the quality of how you live is being healthy.

Again, it all depends on what's your priority in life. There's no food that provide the satisfaction or that taste as good as what being healthy feels like. It's not necessarely about how long you'll live but when you don't take care of your body, the quality of your life comes crashing down faster than you might think. I can assure you that people in a cancer treatment facility, or having heart disease at a rather young age would easily go back and change their habits if they knew it could make a difference and the reality is that what you put into your body does make a difference. For me, seeing my daughter or son grown up is a greater good than eating what I want when I want. As you say, we all die, but why not put all the chances on your side? It's just a logical thing to do.

Last edited:

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I've read his book too. Really interesting and changed my habits considerably after this and many more documentaries (Forks over knives, Cowspiracy, Earthlings and more)

Oh yea? I'd say how you live is directly affected by how you eat and what you put into your body because that's what fuels you. People have a different definition of ''how you live''. For some it's eating whatever you want at any time and creating greater chances of getting heart diseases and cancer and suffering for years of these illnesses (which people tend to not think about when they say it's not how long you live) and also obesity comes into play and I know many obese people who are miserable and it also pains the family and friends to see people hurt themselves just because they like the tase of bacon if you know what I mean... , for some others the quality of how you live is being healthy.

Again, it all depends on what's your priority in life. There's no food that provide the satisfaction or that taste as good as what being healthy feels like. It's not necessarely about how long you'll live but when you don't take care of your body, the quality of your life comes crashing down faster than you might think. I can assure you that people in a cancer treatment facility, or having heart disease at a rather young age would easily go back and change their habits if they knew it could make a difference and the reality is that what you put into your body does make a difference.

Sure it is, moderation of lots of things is key. You can live your life anyway you'd like, and if that means eating nothing but seeds and doing yoga, so be it.

However, it doesn't matter how healthy you are, or how few your vices, when the bell tolls, away you go. Cancer doesn't give a **** whether you are vegan or not, nor do car crashes, accidents, or many diseases.

Find out how you want to live and make it so (I highly doubt many obese people are happy with how they're living), living in fear of doing this and that because you may get heart disease or cancer is ridiculous, and a fastrack to finding yourself full of regrets as you lay on your deathbed.

Let other's tip toe through the one life they have, me? I'm grabbing mine by the balls because rather than spending my time wishing my peeps had done less or been more careful, before they were gone, I recognize that in the end death comes sudden and it comes often, and no amount of avoidance will make you safe.

I advocate being being active and generally eating well, but that's more so that I can enjoy the life I have, while I have it, rather than focusing on trying to prolong it.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Sure it is, moderation of lots of things is key. You can live your life anyway you'd like, and if that means eating nothing but seeds and doing yoga, so be it.

However, it doesn't matter how healthy you are, or how few your vices, when the bell tolls, away you go. Cancer doesn't give a **** whether you are vegan or not, nor do car crashes, accidents, or many diseases.

Find out how you want to live and make it so (I highly doubt many obese people are happy with how they're living), living in fear of doing this and that because you may get heart disease or cancer is ridiculous, and a fastrack to finding yourself full of regrets as you lay on your deathbed.

Let other's tip toe through the one life they have, me? I'm grabbing mine by the balls because rather than spending my time wishing my peeps had done less or been more careful, before they were gone, I recognize that in the end death comes sudden and it comes often, and no amount of avoidance will make you safe.

I advocate being being active and generally eating well, but that's more so that I can enjoy the life I have, while I have it, rather than focusing on trying to prolong it.

I know a lot of people see it that way and I respect your opinion as much as the next person. What people fail to understand though, is that it doesn't take more time, and it doesn't take more effort to eat healthy. It's just a choice of what you have on your lunch and eating differently and subsenquently healthier doesn't mean your food won't taste as good or won't provide you satisfaction if you get what I mean. To me, saying cancer doesn't give a crap of what you are eating is the equivalent of saying cancer doesn't give a crap about cigarettes. There's study that prove very clearly that there is a correlation between what you put in your body and how your health will be affected just like there is proof that smoking thousands of chemicals will definitely affect your health and that is not only in the long run but also in the shorter term even though the affects may not show as much as in later stages.

There's really no living in fear, you just need to set what you want to do and how you want to do it and like you say you just live the life you want to live and eating one thing or the other doesn't imply living in fear of anything, it just means that you are working towards a different goal. I can tell you that I won't regret not eating bacon when I'm on my deathbed if that's what you're reffering to per example because the only real difference between a vegan and a ''normal'' person is that they don't eat the same thing. It's not like not eating certain foods affect the way I live more than another person just eating what he wants to and not eating certain food certainly doesn't stop me from doing exactly what I want in life or whenever I want.

Of course life doesn't care about car crashes and bla bla because these are things you mostly cannot control unless you live in fear of never driving but that really doesn't have anything to do with how you eat. It's not about cancelling every chances that you may die, like never going in a car in fear of having a car accident, it's all about controlling something that you're able and that's not based on random possibilities. People have this mythical way of thinking that people who are vegan live in fear of this or that and that they only ''eat seeds'', well that's not true because the way you eat has nothing to do other than putting something different in your body than the next person but it has no effect on any other areas of your life.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I know a lot of people see it that way and I respect your opinion as much as the next person. What people fail to understand though, is that it doesn't take more time, and it doesn't take more effort to eat healthy. It's just a choice of what you have on your lunch and eating differently and subsenquently healthier doesn't mean your food won't taste as good or won't provide you satisfaction if you get what I mean. To me, saying cancer doesn't give a crap of what you are eating is the equivalent of saying cancer doesn't give a crap about cigarettes. There's study that prove very clearly that there is a correlation between what you put in your body and how your health will be affected just like there is proof that smoking thousands of chemicals will definitely affect your health and that is not only in the long run but also in the shorter term even though the affects may not show as much as in later stages.

There's really no living in fear, you just need to set what you want to do and how you want to do it and like you say you just live the life you want to live and eating one thing or the other doesn't imply living in fear of anything, it just means that you are working towards a different goal. I can tell you that I won't regret not eating bacon when I'm on my deathbed if that's what you're reffering to per example because the only real difference between a vegan and a ''normal'' person is that they don't eat the same thing. It's not like not eating certain foods affect the way I live more than another person just eating what he wants to and not eating certain food certainly doesn't stop me from doing exactly what I want in life or whenever I want.

Of course life doesn't care about car crashes and bla bla because these are things you mostly cannot control unless you live in fear of never driving but that really doesn't have anything to do with how you eat. It's not about cancelling every chances that you may die, like never going in a car in fear of having a car accident, it's all about controlling something that you're able and that's not based on random possibilities. People have this mythical way of thinking that people who are vegan live in fear of this or that and that they only ''eat seeds'', well that's not true because the way you eat has nothing to do other than putting something different in your body than the next person but it has no effect on any other areas of your life.

What you say is true, and I agree for the most part. It's good that McCormmik doesn't smoke, eats healthy, and stays fit because it is good for his body. However, it would be a shame if he went so far as to focus mostly on staying away from things that could cause cancer, if overdone, to the detriment of his day to day life enjoyment.

A cigarette here and there, some pot, or some drinks, is party of enjoying life. Becoming a pot head, an addicted smoker, or an alcoholic, are not. You can however enjoy everything in moderation and not push yourself to the brink of cancer.

McCormmick shouldn't stop eating the occasional poutine because he fears it could kill him.

I think he'll continue to live his healthy way down in Bingo, thanks for they couple of games!

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I liked this kid on the 4th line,too bad he isnt a RW so we could sit Neil for a game or 2

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Everyone skews the stats to prove their point. Just have to find the middle ground

McCormick hasn't looked bad though wanna see dzingel

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
Everyone skews the stats to prove their point. Just have to find the middle ground

McCormick hasn't looked bad though wanna see dzingel

I'd like to see dzingel and even robinson when he gets back. and o'dell before it's too late.

As for the off topic surgeon, I try to only pay attention to qualified, credited, honest, well meaning people. This guy got my attention.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I'd like to see dzingel and even robinson when he gets back. and o'dell before it's too late.

As for the off topic surgeon, I try to only pay attention to qualified, credited, honest, well meaning people. This guy got my attention.

he is definitely well meaning. Forks over knives though (for example) has a lot of stats tampering. But most of his individual stuff I have looked into seems great. OKAY THATS IT ON THIS

freddy61

Selfie
Jun 6, 2013
Up a tree
McCormick wasn't enough of a net pest to stick over someone else. He can't just play it safe and hope to beat other guys for a spot. Next year he may stick a while because of his waiver status but he will have to really stand out to earn a spot over other guys who have more of an offensive side to their game. Next year Puempel is a shoe in and Robinson won't be exempted either. Maybe Paul and Lindberg will be knocking on the door too. How many spots will actually be open? McCormick will be in tough unless he becomes a super productive high tempo pest around the net.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad