GDT: May 7 • Slovenia 2, Denmark 3 (OT)

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Yeah Slovenia qualified for Sochi and that is for more important than staying up in elite. With Kopitar on the team next year it could be quite a hype in Slovenian media. [Danish fans will have to watch curling instead :p:]
With a little more experience they will have better chances. Like the match against Belarus where they lost though out-shooting the white russians.

Our women qualified for Sochi, so you can watch hockey with danish representation.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Honestly,i wouldnt :laugh:

Must be some Latvian self image and pride: "We are elite nation in hockey or we are not Latvian?" - but hey you are in Sochi, while Denmark and Germany are not.
It's also that we will never see a full danish roster unless it's at the Olympics. Always an amputated one for WC (with jetlagged NHL'ers arriving late :sarcasm:).

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Must be some Latvian self image and pride: "We are elite nation in hockey or we are not Latvian?" - but hey you are in Sochi, while Denmark and Germany are not.
It's also that we will never see a full danish roster unless it's at the Olympics. Always an amputated one for WC (with jetlagged NHL'ers arriving late :sarcasm:).

If you could read latvian sports sites right now you`d think world is falling apart :laugh:

likid

Mar 27, 2011
Maribor
I would have traded elite group for Sochi.....no question about that.

Me too. I'm aware that it could be our "once in a lifetime" to play on Olympics, on the other hand I have no doubt that we'll return in two years back to group A.

We will even have Mursak avaliable since he signed today 2 years contract with Amur in KHL.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
At least until you beat France right.......:D

Its not about staying in elite,its about change that has to be made by latvian hockey federation. Also a recap of this season for us u-18,u-20 out of elite,dinamo rīga last in their conference and now this. Nice,huh?

Temid

Oct 10, 2006
sLOVEnia
Im happy how our team played, obviously not so happy with the result. Was impressed with our first line and fourth line showed some grit too. Also good changes during the game by coach (inserting Bašič instead of Kopitar). But not impressed by 2nd line, was expecting more from them, looks like Rodman brothers are a bit tired from Bundesliga finals and arriving in Stockholm a day before WC started.

But! What pisses me off (well, pisses me off slightly.. cant really be mad at our guys when they play with an attitude like this, even if they lose everything) is our goalie.. ffs! Why is Lix still our number 1 goalie? He has fairly average year behind him and its his fault for at least one goal against in each of three matches so far. Not happy.

Anyways.. grats Denmark and gl in next matches :).

P.S.: very good game by Boedker btw.. always scary moments when he was on ice.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Im happy how our team played, obviously not so happy with the result. Was impressed with our first line and fourth line showed some grit too. Also good changes during the game by coach (inserting BaÅ¡ič instead of Kopitar). But not impressed by 2nd line, was expecting more from them, looks like Rodman brothers are a bit tired from Bundesliga finals and arriving in Stockholm a day before WC started.

But! What pisses me off (well, pisses me off slightly.. cant really be mad at our guys when they play with an attitude like this, even if they lose everything) is our goalie.. ffs! Why is Lix still our number 1 goalie? He has fairly average year behind him and its his fault for at least one goal against in each of three matches so far. Not happy.

Anyways.. grats Denmark and gl in next matches :).

P.S.: very good game by Boedker btw.. always scary moments when he was on ice.

I totally agree with you that Kristan has let in some easy ones. Kim Staal's goal to 1-1 should have been stopped for instance.
and I also think that Slovenia is extremely well coached and have great team spirit (even when their goalie let easy pucks go in it doesn't affect the performance). With a good goalie then you are close to "permanent" elite division presence.

But still many matches to go...one of us can still make it staying up and we can also end up joining the division 1A together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad