GDT: May 7 • Slovenia 2, Denmark 3 (OT)

Faerun

Nov 11, 2011
Helsinki
so even if denmark wins against belarus and they get to the 3rd last from both groups with belarus behind them they'll still get relegated since belarus can't be relegated.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
My heart just sank.....YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!§
MORTEN F'ing GREEN!

The Old Boys club strikes again!

Yeah thinking that's its Morten Green and Kim Staal (and less old Morten Madsen) that keeps us afloat. Experience really matters when the nerves are thin.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Im not even going to comment on this! All I can say is Shades of 2012! Horrendous! Horrible... I think Denmark are going down ! :(

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Just throwing it out there... Peter Hirsch is still playing! Why not give it a go? :laugh:

well actually neither Simon Nielsen and Galbraith have been bad this WC (but they haven't been really great either - just solid).
Peter Hirsch was always so uneven - he could be fantastic but also had terrible games with many rebounds.

Artemia

Mar 2, 2011
Does anyone have the attendance numbers?
It looked awfully empty.

They said 1050.

Like I said, Sweden should not host WC anymore. Wasnt even full last Sweden game either.

They obviously ony care about soccer.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
They said 1050.

Like I said, Sweden should not host WC anymore. Wasnt even full last Sweden game either.

They obviously only care about soccer.

or it's because hockey is really not a capital city sport. If they put the games in a provincial area that might get better attendance for other games.
Like Denmark would probably have better attendance in Herning than in Copenhagen (might even be better in Vojens :laugh:).

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
or it's because hockey is really not a capital city sport. If they put the games in a provincial area that might get better attendance for other games.
Like Denmark would probably have better attendance in Herning than in Copenhagen (might even be better in Vojens :laugh:).

I can guarantee you that vojens would be filled every single time...They love their hockey there

likid

Mar 27, 2011
Maribor
Well, this mean game over for Slovenia. Even our win in OT probably wouldn't be enough.

We played three games which we should bring to at least OT and have at least 5 points, but we ended with 1 point. You can really see that our NT is missing routine and hard matches on regular basis. I also think we didn't have much luck with our group. Other group would be probably much better for us.

I just hope we'll grow further and that we show in Sochi that we belong there...

Artemia

Mar 2, 2011

That too.

They keep using Globen though. They never learn.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
well actually neither Simon Nielsen and Galbraith have been bad this WC (but they haven't been really great either - just solid).
Peter Hirsch was always so uneven - he could be fantastic but also had terrible games with many rebounds.

Didn't think Simon Nielsen was solid. He was... as expected - okay. Wasn't being serious about Hirsch but don't think we can point to any of our goalies and find a lot reasons to smile.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Well, this mean game over for Slovenia. Even our win in OT probably wouldn't be enough.

We played three games which we should bring to at least OT and have at least 5 points, but we ended with 1 point. You can really see that our NT is missing routine and hard matches on regular basis. I also think we didn't have much luck with our group. Other group would be probably much better for us.

I just hope we'll grow further and that we show in Sochi that we belong there...

Yeah Slovenia qualified for Sochi and that is for more important than staying up in elite. With Kopitar on the team next year it could be quite a hype in Slovenian media. [Danish fans will have to watch curling instead :p:]
With a little more experience they will have better chances. Like the match against Belarus where they lost though out-shooting the white russians.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Yeah Slovenia qualified for Sochi and that is for more important than staying up in elite. With Kopitar on the team next year it could be quite a hype in Slovenian media. [Danish fans will have to watch curling instead :p:]
With a little more experience they will have better chances. Like the match against Belarus where they lost though out-shooting the white russians.

Honest question,do you really think so? really? :laugh:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Didn't think Simon Nielsen was solid. He was... as expected - okay. Wasn't being serious about Hirsch but don't think we can point to any of our goalies and find a lot reasons to smile.

I actually meant solid as OK (both Galbraith and Simon Nielsen)......like a cracker is solid food but not gourmet :laugh:

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008

Yeah it really is incredible what they get out of on paper very little skill. They have a great coach! Really!

But, against top notch teams at the OG, with FULL A LIST rosters, Slovenia are going to have it tough! Mursak and Kopitar are not enough!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad