Maxim Shalunov

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Talk about a kid that can put the puck in the net. I'd be intrigued with an all Russian line (Panarin-Anisimov-Shalunov) but he's probably gonna be with Toews or the third line.

Should be interesting where the Hawks brass views him. As Powers pointed out, he's mostly played C in the KHL as well as RW (the position he was drafted as). I'm sure BobbyJet will like the fact that he's got size too, which obviously is beneficial with us.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Oh man I was looking all over the net for updates earlier this morning, if we get this guy I will be leaping for joy

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
can someone ask if he can come over after his season is over Like NCAA players can? that is assuming the KHL team lets him out of his contract. I assume the contracts do not end till after playoffs are over. I think its possible he could end up in a top 6-9 role with hossa sliding down to a DEF role. with the hawks the top 3 lines play almost the same minutes. it comes down to PK and PP is where the Difference comes up.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
So after reading the article sounds like he's only gonna come over if he gets a top 6 role? Does he play LW? Shaulnov/Toews/Hossa could be interesting.

That's silly.

Hawks could just say, you can play next to Toews and Hossa, and then when he plays there, and maybe doesn't play that well, they could put him on the 3rd line and what is he going to do?

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
That's silly.

Hawks could just say, you can play next to Toews and Hossa, and then when he plays there, and maybe doesn't play that well, they could put him on the 3rd line and what is he going to do?

I think that's pretty much how it would be anyway. Given his skill level, it would stand to reason Q would slot him in in there at first to see how things would go and go from there.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Hot diggety dog! Really hope this happens. Kid could be the secret sauce.

Loooool this made me laugh. Q might put him with AA and bread man and possibly bump Kane up and Hossa down with Kruger, this makes up 3 awesome lines. Hoping that Schmaltz is ready soon, this team will be lethal come playoff time.

It will be awesome to see a Russian line in a Hawks sweater for the first time in? Someone will have to help here and chime in.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
If we get Shalunov, that doesn't mean Bowman can't acquire player. He would come with ELC-deal.

I like the idea of Russian line and uniting Toews and Kane playoffs time. But still would need someone to play with those two. Or it could be Panik again like last spring, even though they were pretty bad month or two ago.

X - Toews - Kane
Panarin - Anisimov - Shalunov
Hartman/Panik - Krüger - Hossa
Hartman/Panik - Schmaltz - Rasmussen/Vinnie

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
If we're splitting up PAK why not go this way:

xxx - Toews - Hossa
Panarin - Shalunov - Kane
Panik - Anismov - Hartman
Rasmussen - Kruger - Motte

Shalunov is a lot like Anismov and has a deadly shot himself. Diddnt someone say he is killing it at the face off circle in the KHL? Gotta imagine if you say you'll put him in between Kane and Panarin, that's a pretty easy sell to come over here. Maybe even Anismov at LW with Hossa/Toews and target a 3c at the deadline?

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
MS-19-81
72-15-88
38-8-48
14-67-70
64/11/22

Yes I am saying move Kruger at the deadline so we can have AP bonuses in this year. I think 67/70 can handle his role. Sign Desi or Tootoo to 1 year extension.

migi

Feb 25, 2015

xxx - Toews - Hossa

Shalunov is a lot like Anismov and has a deadly shot himself. Diddnt someone say he is killing it at the face off circle in the KHL? Gotta imagine if you say you'll put him in between Kane and Panarin, that's a pretty easy sell to come over here. Maybe even Anismov at LW with Hossa/Toews and target a 3c at the deadline?

Not bad either.

Imagine a guy like healthy Cammalleri there.. Uff that is contending team.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont

xxx - Toews - Hossa

he's only 50% according to the KHL website.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
MS-19-81
72-15-88
38-8-48
14-67-70
64/11/22

Yes I am saying move Kruger at the deadline so we can have AP bonuses in this year. I think 67/70 can handle his role. Sign Desi or Tootoo to 1 year extension.

+1

And I'm one of Kruger's biggest fans. Ras has really stepped up his game this year. He's the obvious heir apparent. Moving Kruger at the deadline really alleviates the coming cap crunch.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016

xxx - Toews - Hossa

many thanks for posting this, where many like like to visually see the names.

i am still think that the pak line should be kept untouch, they are the only great thing going for the hawks in the offense.

i think i would put shalunov on the 3rd line, but with hossa going to the 1st line, who will be the winger there???

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
i didnt read the whole thread like a should have but didnt we lose the rights to him? is he just looking to come back to the nhl and would sign again with the hawks or am i confused on this?

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
He never signed his ELC he signed a AHL contract instead. So we have his rights till 27.

Aestivalis

Oct 29, 2013
Is he playoff eligible if he comes over next month?

Should be, since he is a prospect in our system. The question is, if he would never sign with the Hawks due to ice-time reasons, would we consider trading his rights for another high-potential reclamation project prospect (Duclair, Athanasiou) or legit winger like Tomas Tatar?

The Toews Era*

Nov 29, 2014

xxx - Toews - Hossa

Man i sneaky LOVE the idea of anisimov with Toews and Hossa in this scenario. Hides his faceoff weakness and replicates the frolik/toews/hossa or kruger/toews/hossa defensive wall lines like Q sometimes puts out at ends of games. And hes great in front of net and cycling.

The Toews Era*

Nov 29, 2014
+1

And I'm one of Kruger's biggest fans. Ras has really stepped up his game this year. He's the obvious heir apparent. Moving Kruger at the deadline really alleviates the coming cap crunch.

People underestimate how good kruger is in his role. No chance rasmussen can do it. Youre just gonna burden toews more in his own zone and he wont snap out of his funk.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
People underestimate how good kruger is in his role. No chance rasmussen can do it. Youre just gonna burden toews more in his own zone and he wont snap out of his funk.

I am not underestimating it at all. Will Moose be as good at Kruger? No but if you pair him with Kero and Panik you will have a really solid defensive line.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Man i sneaky LOVE the idea of anisimov with Toews and Hossa in this scenario. Hides his faceoff weakness and replicates the frolik/toews/hossa or kruger/toews/hossa defensive wall lines like Q sometimes puts out at ends of games. And hes great in front of net and cycling.

that would be sweet as you said, but i still have heartburn of breaking up the pak line.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Should be, since he is a prospect in our system. The question is, if he would never sign with the Hawks due to ice-time reasons, would we consider trading his rights for another high-potential reclamation project prospect (Duclair, Athanasiou) or legit winger like Tomas Tatar?

I'd love either guy from Detroit. AA is a better version of Hino.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016

but before he came over to the usa, kruger and his winger jacob josefson - devils, led their team in scoring.

however seeing how josefson is doing, well that may not help my point.

i think he has the skills to be more offensive minded.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad