Maxim Shalunov

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Now Chicago needs to get Shalunov this season, not the next. It looks like Sibir is out of the playoffs, and from the contract POW, it's better to sign him this year, than next. Because in both cases he's RFA in 2018, but the team can use him in this year's cup run.

Completely agree. Hawks are very thin in offensive fire power. Only thing that sucks is he's a RW, but I'm sure Q will figure it out (although I'm sure he'd put him on the damn 4th line to start)

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Shalunov would be a huge boost this season. Though I still expect at least one KHL team would be interested in acquiring him as a rental for a playoff run.

Also, he's apparently no longer a PPG player in the KHL. Elite Prospects has him listed at 32pts in 34 games. Gotta get back on track Max!

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Completely agree. Hawks are very thin in offensive fire power. Only thing that sucks is he's a RW, but I'm sure Q will figure it out (although I'm sure he'd put him on the damn 4th line to start)

He can play as 3C. As far as I understand Chicago needs someone on this position with more offensive upsides, than Kruger, or he can play as 3RW with Schmaltz.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
He can play as 3C. As far as I understand Chicago needs someone on this position with more offensive upsides, than Kruger, or he can play as 3RW with Schmaltz.

With his ability to shoot and his size he might be a great fit for Schmaltz. The ability to take draws when needed is always a plus. How well does he skate?

Thoughts on these line?

38*19*81
72*15*88
64*8*MS
14*16*70

Could Q handle the rookies? 12-14 sheltered minutes could produce some offense and 64/8 have shown to be defensively responsible.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
With his ability to shoot and his size he might be a great fit for Schmaltz. The ability to take draws when needed is always a plus. How well does he skate?

Thoughts on these line?

38*19*81
72*15*88
64*8*MS
14*16*70

Could Q handle the rookies? 12-14 sheltered minutes could produce some offense and 64/8 have shown to be defensively responsible.

Shalunov is very good skater, strong too.

I like those lines, but in fantasy world a guy like Hanzal as 3C would be great. Is CapFriendly reliable source, they have $1.08mil trade deadline cap space for Hawks? They currently have 24 players with the club, send Hino, Forsling and Kero down and add Hanzal with retained salary and Shalunov.

Hartman - Toews - Hossa
Party
Motte - Hanzal - Shalunov
14 - 16 - 70

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Shalunov is very good skater, strong too.

I like those lines, but in fantasy world a guy like Hanzal as 3C would be great. Is CapFriendly reliable source, they have $1.08mil trade deadline cap space for Hawks? They currently have 24 players with the club, send Hino, Forsling and Kero down and add Hanzal with retained salary and Shalunov.

Hartman - Toews - Hossa
Party
Motte - Hanzal - Shalunov
14 - 16 - 70

While I would love Hanzal I think the Hawks would be best using that cap space for bonuses if that is possible. Can you use the the cap space you have now to reduce the bonus charges and then move the remaining to the next season?

migi

Feb 25, 2015
While I would love Hanzal I think the Hawks would be best using that cap space for bonuses if that is possible. Can you use the the cap space you have now to reduce the bonus charges and then move the remaining to the next season?

I think you are allowed to do that, but I'm not sure how does it work. I think TDL cap space is different than current space (420K) and projected cap space (240K), but don't really know how much bonuses can they really reduce.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I think you are allowed to do that, but I'm not sure how does it work. I think TDL cap space is different than current space (420K) and projected cap space (240K), but don't really know how much bonuses can they really reduce.

Either do I. Hawkscap help?

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
The other addition ...besides the Shalunov possibility this season after his KHL season finishes ...is that they could sign John Hayden and he could play some games before our regular season is up and be eligible for playoffs since he is a draft pick.I think we need to do this to burn off a year of a 3 year ELC because I doubt he would otherwise sign with us given he could wait till Aug 15th and sign elsewhere as a free agent on just a 2 year deal ...Anyway..IF we can add the 2 big bodies Shalunov and Hayden it changes the entire situation as far as depth and options and ability to compete against bigger teams not to metion their goal scoring abilities.Not sure about Hayden's faceoff prowess or not if he plays C..but he could ... also play wing ..Anyway adding both woukd be a BIG boost (spirt. .could not resist).

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
The other addition ...besides the Shalunov possibility this season after his KHL season finishes ...is that they could sign John Hayden and he could play some games before our regular season is up and be eligible for playoffs since he is a draft pick.I think we need to do this to burn off a year of a 3 year ELC because I doubt he would otherwise sign with us given he could wait till Aug 15th and sign elsewhere as a free agent on just a 2 year deal ...Anyway..IF we can add the 2 big bodies Shalunov and Hayden it changes the entire situation as far as depth and options and ability to compete against bigger teams not to metion their goal scoring abilities.Not sure about Hayden's faceoff prowess or not if he plays C..but he could ... also play wing ..Anyway adding both woukd be a BIG boost (spirt. .could not resist).

50 this is a good idea. By burning a year of ELC it gives him more reason to sign and not go the Vesey/Hayes route (they are better players and more high profile). This also lets Hayden be a black ace and earn some potential playoff scratch.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
50 this is a good idea. By burning a year of ELC it gives him more reason to sign and not go the Vesey/Hayes route (they are better players and more high profile). This also lets Hayden be a black ace and earn some potential playoff scratch.

I agree!
Where is Stan's suggestion box located?
50 ... can you take care of this?
Or ... fan mind meld to hold the suggestion strong for our man Stan.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Why is Hayden still not signed?

He was quoted by Powers recently stating he was going to sign with the Hawks after the season was over. For what that is worth.

I agree with 50 with that scenario. Would be nice to put Kruger back on 4th line where he belongs and bring some size/skill to the 3rd line.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Now Chicago needs to get Shalunov this season, not the next. It looks like Sibir is out of the playoffs, and from the contract POW, it's better to sign him this year, than next. Because in both cases he's RFA in 2018, but the team can use him in this year's cup run.

+infinity

No brainer. The upside of bringing Shalunov on board is very large. Absolute no brainer. Our resident Rooskies should make his transition much easier. 3rd line should be an attacking force. 4th line: total shutdown. Love this move. Do it, Stanley, do it!!!

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
So after reading the article sounds like he's only gonna come over if he gets a top 6 role? Does he play LW? Shaulnov/Toews/Hossa could be interesting.

Last edited:

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
I'm hardly going out on a limb, but I have to think Anisimov and Panarin being here really helps the odds of him coming over.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00