Confirmed with Link: Max McCormick re-signed

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Good news!

Max had the hustle to play in the NHL. Probably means no Stalberg though, so kinda sad.

He's on a 2 way in year 1 so likely Belleville for a good chunk of games.. I hope it doesn't impact trying to sign Stalberg.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Only reasoning I can see to give him a 1-way, is if we're really focusing on giving Belleville a guarantee of a few good (at the AHL level) core players long term. If that is the reasoning, then I'm ok with it....we definitely need to make sure we have a good learning environment for the kids.

He doesn't feel like anything more than a cup-of-coffee guy at the NHL level.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
McCormick has done nothing to deserve a guaranteed 1-way contract in a year's time.

Ridiculously stupid signing.

shades of the boro signing.

it doesn't matter if you suck at hockey, but as long as you're a good guy and work hard you'll be treated like a god by our management group.

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
shades of the boro signing.

it doesn't matter if you suck at hockey, but as long as you're a good guy and work hard you'll be treated like a god by our management group.

he put up 21 goals on a really bad AHL team this year. And never looked out of place in the NHL.

Im not a huge fan of the 1 way in the 2nd year, but its not like he's been crap. I've always liked what I saw.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
He is barely an AHL'er.

Look, I agree that the 1-way stipulation on the 2nd year was thoroughly unnecessary, but making exaggerated claims like this will make it less likely people will take you seriously in the future.

Whatever Max McCormick is, and however unqualified he may be to have earned a 1-way deal at the NHL level... he is clearly a fine AHL player.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Look, I agree that the 1-way stipulation on the 2nd year was thoroughly unnecessary, but making exaggerated claims like this will make it less likely people will take you seriously in the future.

Whatever Max McCormick is, and however unqualified he may be to have earned a 1-way deal at the NHL level... he is clearly a fine AHL player.

He is a third line AHL player. That's in the bottom half of the roster. At his age one bad season and he could be out of the league. The signing made 0 sense.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Do people still think a 1 way deal means the player is required to be at the NHL level or something? If he makes the team, its a dirt cheap contract. If he's in the AHL, who the **** cares what we pay him. A couple of you are really stretching to rip PD at any opportunity.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Do you mean like fine as in a high compliment. Or fine as is "adequate".

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
He is a third line AHL player. That's in the bottom half of the roster. At his age one bad season and he could be out of the league. The signing made 0 sense.

He's not the most skilled .. hands, dangles, playmaking... kind of player but I think he was one of Bingo's best players last year... He's a role player not a star player.
Hustle, hit, compete hard, in your face energy player. I am surprised you don't like him.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Do people still think a 1 way deal means the player is required to be at the NHL level or something? If he makes the team, its a dirt cheap contract. If he's in the AHL, who the **** cares what we pay him. A couple of you are really stretching to rip PD at any opportunity.

Name me one player that the Sens have signed to a 1-way deal that wasn't meant, and wasn't, on the NHL roster.

There is Greening, who clearly wasn't thought to ever be in the AHL, so that's not an instance.

I think that's it, because the Sens, of all teams in the NHL, signing a guy to a 1-way deal, 100% means he will be in the NHL.

I mean, what guys in general have the Sens sent to the AHL with 1-ways in the last 10 years?

Hammond (bit different there)
Greening

I'm drawing a blank

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
The internal budget cares.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Name me one player that the Sens have signed to a 1-way deal that wasn't meant, and wasn't, on the NHL roster.

There is Greening, who clearly wasn't thought to ever be in the AHL, so that's not an instance.

I think that's it, because the Sens, of all teams in the NHL, signing a guy to a 1-way deal, 100% means he will be in the NHL.

I mean, what guys in general have the Sens sent to the AHL with 1-ways in the last 10 years?

Hammond (bit different there)
Greening

I'm drawing a blank

Boro?

Nvm I misunderstood.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015

even if he doesn't play with Ottawa what kind of cap management is that for a budget team where we have to push every dollar as far as it can go.

Like what kind of budget team gives a player like burrows (4th liner) a 2.5 mill extension for two years, and signs average ahlers to one way contracts?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
The Tampa Bay Lightning have re-signed forward Cory Conacher to a two-year contract today, vice president and general manager Steve Yzerman announced. The deal is one-way during the first season and two-way during the second, paying $650,000 per season at the NHL level.

They can have him,,, but interesting the 1 way in y1 and 2 way in y2

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
He's not the most skilled .. hands, dangles, playmaking... kind of player but I think he was one of Bingo's best players last year... He's a role player not a star player.
Hustle, hit, compete hard, in your face energy player. I am surprised you don't like him.

With Neil leaving this team could use some more toughness in their lineup.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
So we resign what looks to be a solid young player,that has always played with hustle everytime we saw him .And people are crying .......some of you fans are just way too full of yourselves:nod:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

If I am going to have that kindof player I want them to be able to impose their will physically. Nick Paul for example (i heard he has a bad attitude vs Mccormick so this might be part of it) can actually lean on a player. I just dont get the one way deal, I dont mind him in the organization as a leadership role in Bingo. However when he gets called up I shake my head that they dont have anyone else to fill a grinder role.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
So we resign what looks to be a solid young player,that has always played with hustle everytime we saw him .And people are crying .......some of you fans are just way too full of yourselves:nod:

And some of you fans just agree and accept everything. Everything. Some people, usually the same, quite funny actually.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

If he were 6'5 I would like him more than I do. I am not convinced that he will have a long NHL career, but the salary cost is low and he might fill a cheap 4th line spot on the roster which will allow the team to pay a bit more for top 6 players.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
If you believe Randy Lee, McCormick was a target for a lot of teams...

“Well deserved,” Senators assistant GM Randy Lee said of the deal. “He was on a lot of teams lists, that they were targeting. If we didn’t re-sign Max, he was going to have a lot of teams going after him, just because of the way he gives it, every single game. The compete level, the toughness level. He’s got (Mark) Borowiecki-type character. You’ve got to keep those guys around. They find a way to get on your team. They find a way to play. They bring so many intangibles. He gives you a toughness element and he can play.”

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
If you believe Randy Lee, McCormick was a target for a lot of teams...

I'll take "fan speak" for 1000 Alex.

I'd be extremely surprised if that was the case, really hard to take anything Lee says seriously.

Boro is going to be an Aesop Fable by the time 2030 rolls around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad