Confirmed with Link: Max McCormick re-signed

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Feels like the sens have been good at showing that guys can make it from the AHL to the NHL even if they arent a top prospect. Doesnt really stop the coach from not playing them though

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Never understand these deals.

Nothing has led me to believe he's earned a 1-way contract, especially with a year before it starts.

He plays the easiest role to get in UFA, not sure why we'd tie our hands with a roster spot.

Obviously he'll come very, very cheap.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009

Nothing has led me to believe he's earned a 1-way contract, especially with a year before it starts.

He plays the easiest role to get in UFA, not sure why we'd tie our hands with a roster spot.

In 2 years, we'll have a lot of room to fill with Burrows, Pyatt likely both gone. Discounting McCormick (I think he'll be in the minors this year), we have yet to sign our 12 (JGP) and 13th (Dzingle/Wingels/Stalberg) forward for this year.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
So he either makes it this year or not. Same with Paul I think. Two years from now, Chlapik, Perron, etc will be there as well. White will have already arrived. There may be good competition for roster spots I'd think.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
In 2 years, we'll have a lot of room to fill with Burrows, Pyatt likely both gone. Discounting McCormick (I think he'll be in the minors this year), we have yet to sign our 12 (JGP) and 13th (Dzingle/Wingels/Stalberg) forward for this year.

100%, that's the reason it's a 2-way.

I just don't understand tying your hands with a roster spot 15 months in advance of that spot being opened.

I realise Max is essentially the forward version of Boro in MGMT's eyes, with the type of game he plays and time put in the minors, just not how I would operate personally.

Obviously it gives Max the incentive to stay with the Sens.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada

Lol same here, what has he done to earn a 1 way, man sometimes I don't understand

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

I just don't understand tying your hands with a roster spot 15 months in advance of that spot being opened.

Agree 100%.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown

I realise Max is essentially the forward version of Boro in MGMT's eyes, with the type of game he plays and time put in the minors, just not how I would operate personally.

They're not tying their hands with a roster spot. Even with a 1-way deal he can still be sent down. Maybe they like him on their AHL franchise and want to keep him even if they have to give him a 1-way deal.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Hopefully they can get him on a good strength and conditioning program. McCormick could be a useful player if he can be strong enough to play the same way in the NHL. At this point he doesn't hit hard enough to be impactful as a physical player.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
I don't get it, why give him 1-way 2nd year as if he's about to break out?
He's RFA and he'll never be more than 4th liner. Just qualify him and have some contract room for next year ffs.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus

No issues with the 2-way deal in year 1, year 2 was completely unnecessary - as if Max is a hot commodity who needed a guaranteed one way deal.

Good call up for spot duty, not a regular NHL player.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
They're not tying their hands with a roster spot. Even with a 1-way deal he can still be sent down. Maybe they like him on their AHL franchise and want to keep him even if they have to give him a 1-way deal.

1-way means he is making his NHL salary regardless where he plays. If the Sens, of all teams, signed him to an NHL salaried deal, you bet your ass there is 0 intent on him sitting in the minors.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Good signing, he is a fan favourite in Bingo because he is a very hard working guy who brings it every shift. Would much rather have McCormick in the lineup than Pyatt who is too soft for my liking.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Good signing, he is a fan favourite in Bingo because he is a very hard working guy who brings it every shift. Would much rather have McCormick in the lineup than Pyatt who is too soft for my liking.

Soft or not. Pyatt has showed he is a bottom 6 NHL caliber player while McCormick has not yet. Until he prove it, i take Pyatt who is very agile along the board. He is gpod in tight area.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
1-way means he is making his NHL salary regardless where he plays. If the Sens, of all teams, signed him to an NHL salaried deal, you bet your ass there is 0 intent on him sitting in the minors.

all it means is that our current plan is to have him be our 13th forward at the very least in two years

energy guy that can throw a few hits isnt the worst thing as long as the salary is reasonable and he isnt being overpaid and overplayed

650k is not bad as a 13th forward and if he does become so bad that we have to send him down its a lot easier to swallow and deal with then some of the other contracts we have and that we sent down recently

so no the sky is not falling...well at least not with this move

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
all it means is that our current plan is to have him be our 13th forward at the very least in two years

energy guy that can throw a few hits isnt the worst thing as long as the salary is reasonable and he isnt being overpaid and overplayed

650k is not bad as a 13th forward and if he does become so bad that we have to send him down its a lot easier to swallow and deal with then some of the other contracts we have and that we sent down recently

so no the sky is not falling...well at least not with this move

I never said it was.

The logic behind the deal, with our MGMT group, is very flawed.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
McCormick has done nothing to deserve a guaranteed 1-way contract in a year's time.

Ridiculously stupid signing.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
If the Sens did not care about money... 650K is fine in year 2 for their AHL captain (most likely)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad