HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
8C88BBCB-2C90-4945-9F63-2A75D3BC84B2.jpeg

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

BigDoaner

Jun 2, 2015

Thank goodness. I think he’s just having a down year. I want him to become Marchand sans the cheap ****.

Reactions: RABBIT

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
I doubt he's moved, but you never know. I wouldn't be surprised if Chayka has already talked to a few teams about him (even though he denies it). He'd probably prefer to get rid of some of the vets before considering some of our youngsters.

Still, a package of OEL + Domi could land us some solid assets moving forward.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I doubt he's moved, but you never know. I wouldn't be surprised if Chayka has already talked to a few teams about him (even though he denies it). He'd probably prefer to get rid of some of the vets before considering some of our youngsters.

Still, a package of OEL + Domi could land us some solid assets moving forward.

We would also lose some solid assets.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Chayka was happy with our young players, Duclair included, too, just a short time ago. Means nothing.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Domi is worth alot more to this franchise than his point production in my opinion

Maybe, but the team as constructed is not winning. Change is needed, and to get you must give. Can't be wed to anyone.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Maybe, but the team as constructed is not winning. Change is needed, and to get you must give. Can't be wed to anyone.

I agree, but I don't think Domi is the reason we are not winning. I mean, you send out a line up of Cousins, Archibald, Rinaldo, Martinook and Reider with some playing top six minutes, you don't have much chance of winning. Also, the vet leadership on this team is next to none, but I don't put OEL in this group, although he has had his down minutes this year as well. If I had to make changes it would start with a couple of vets, who have not been held accountable this season by the coaching staff.

Reactions: Yandover

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
Domi on the rumors:

Domi addressed the trade speculation after Arizona's morning skate Tuesday.

"I show up to the rink every day and try to have fun with my teammates," Domi said. "That stuff is out of our control. Whatever happens, happens. I love Arizona, I love playing there. And like I said, [trade rumors] are out of my control."

Domi said the rumors do not affect him.

"Rumors are rumors, but like I said, if that happens, it happens and there's not a whole lot I can do about it," he said. "Just come and play hard every shift and have fun with my teammates."

NHL Trade buzz: Islanders could look for help on defense

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Domi should be a part of the core of this v. young team. Cant imagine I will like the return if he is traded. Can the franchise afford to trade a fan favourite anyway?

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
Connauton and Schenn for Cizikas and Aho :) (we'd probably have to add more)

Keller - Stepan - Perlini
Domi - Cizikas - Panik
Rieder - Dvorak - Fischer
Martinook - Richardson - Rinaldo/Archibald/Cousins

OEL - Demers
Goligoski - Hjalmarsson
Chychrun - Aho

2 of our most unwanted players would be lucky to bring back a 4th for both of them combined, definitely would have to add more

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Domi should be a part of the core of this v. young team. Cant imagine I will like the return if he is traded. Can the franchise afford to trade a fan favourite anyway?
Yes, he should, but if we packaged him with OEL, we could address our 1C situation. Of course we'd need to figure out the 1D thing, but that can be addressed over time or with additional success over the next season or two (there are plenty of serviceable 2Ds we could acquire)

Keller - NEW - Stepan
Perlini - Dvorak - Fischer
Cousins - Strome- Panik
Martinook - Wagner? Schaller? Grant? Bouma? Josefson? - Merkley/Archibald

Hjalmarsson - ?? (Demers or a 2D UFA)
Chychrun - Demers
Goligoski - ??

So, we'd need to get at least a 1C/2C and a 3rd pairing D-man (or two) for the package.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Another big downside to a season this bad is you would be selling very low on pretty much any player traded. Don't do it on anyone under 25 or on OEL or there will be regrets. And pissed off fans.
Selling low is something that bothers me to my very core. I'm so stubborn about it I'd rather eat the loss than be part of someone else big score!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad