Rumor: Max Domi Sucks - Not Being Actively Shopped per Chayka

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
If Max Domi is "available" that's pretty dumb. His value is not at its best right now so that going around in the media is just bad for business. Unless of course he asked for a trade and his side leaked it.

About 40% of the mainboard seems to think he's Duclair :biglaugh:
He's only available because he's part of the "couple other guys" who want out.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
HF May have a meltdown when the biggest move we make on Feb 26th is Richardson for a 3rd.
I'd honestly be fine with keeping things about the same and trying again next year with pretty much the same mix. Provided that guys actually want to be here (OEL, Domi, Hjalmarsson, etc). A little lottery luck and some stability and a healthy squad could get us he results next year that we hoped for this year. The chances are at least as good of that as they are that yet another shake up magically works.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
It is slightly humerous though that there is so much outrage at the notion we might move a player who had a thread dedicated to him about how much he sucks.

Reactions: AZviaNJ and Heldig

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I'd honestly be fine with keeping things about the same and trying again next year with pretty much the same mix. Provided that guys actually want to be here (OEL, Domi, Hjalmarsson, etc). A little lottery luck and some stability and a healthy squad could get us he results next year that we hoped for this year. The chances are at least as good of that as they are that yet another shake up magically works.
That's Plan A. Although if/when we re-sign OEL and draft one of Tkachuk, Zadina, Sergachov I'd be very okay exploring a domi for a C type move.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona

With less waiver fodder and Strome centering the third line I'd be ok with this.
Domi Stepan Keller
Perlini Dvo Fischer
Crouse Strome Merkley
Tocc's waiver fodder

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
It is slightly humerous though that there is so much outrage at the notion we might move a player who had a thread dedicated to him about how much he sucks.
Yeah, it's just downright hysterical how we can't afford developed talent and we continue to alienate developing talent...
Don't worry though -- we sure showed those uppity kids, eh?

Reactions: Yandover and RemoAZ

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Yeah, it's just downright hysterical how we can't afford developed talent and we continue to alienate developing talent...
Don't worry though -- we sure showed those uppity kids, eh?
Name one thing in my post that is factually incorrect.

What has been reported? AZ would trade Domi under certain circumstances. Wow. That applies to virtually any player. Cue up the outright dismissal from Chayka tomorrow. You guys are seriously losing your shit over nothing.

rt

May 13, 2004
Name one thing in my post that is factually incorrect.

What has been reported? AZ would trade Domi under certain circumstances. Wow. That applies to virtually any player. Cue up the outright dismissal from Chayka tomorrow. You guys are seriously losing your **** over nothing.
You're acting like we didn't just trade Anthony Duclair for Richard damn Panik like two effin weeks ago, mane. We've got plenty of reasons to fear the worst. Look at the standings. The sky is actually falling. If you wanna be on the side of right, hop in line behind turkey lurkey, goosey loosey, and ducky lucky.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
You're acting like we didn't just trade Anthony Duclair for Richard damn Panik like two effin weeks ago, mane. We've got plenty of reasons to fear the worst. Look at the standings. The sky is actually falling. If you wanna be on the side of right, hop in line behind turkey lurkey, goosey loosey, and ducky lucky.
I don't think losing Duclair is a sky is falling move. We made it reluctantly after 2 years of exploring trade options. We also proceedingly played the best hockey of our season by far right after deal went down. Yes we suck today but Duclair wasn't a core piece.

But back to my point. We had an entire thread slamming the play of a player and now we are pissed off about a rumour that he could potentially be traded. Yeah that's funny to me. This whole day is funny to me. We should have a post from Morgan claiming much like OEL that Domi isn't going to get traded about 5 mins after he's back from vacation.

I mean come on we had someone think that Jake Virtanen would be an overpayment for Domi. And he was serious. If that's not comedy I don't know what to laugh at anymore.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Alex Nylander for Domi straight up.
If we are thinking of moving Domi because we are about to draft one of Tkachuk, Zadina, or Svechnikov why would we trade for another scoring winger? Ryan o'Reilly would be a more likely target (I get the +comment that's about to come) given that Middelstadt is about to join the Sabres.

rt

May 13, 2004
I don't think losing Duclair is a sky is falling move. We made it reluctantly after 2 years of exploring trade options. We also proceedingly played the best hockey of our season by far right after deal went down. Yes we suck today but Duclair wasn't a core piece.

But back to my point. We had an entire thread slamming the play of a player and now we are pissed off about a rumour that he could potentially be traded. Yeah that's funny to me. This whole day is funny to me. We should have a post from Morgan claiming much like OEL that Domi isn't going to get traded about 5 mins after he's back from vacation.

I mean come on we had someone think that Jake Virtanen would be an overpayment for Domi. And he was serious. If that's not comedy I don't know what to laugh at anymore.
Some idiot is currently trying to explain to me the Ryan Strome is worth as much as Domi. They're very dumb out there.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Some idiot is currently trying to explain to me the Ryan Strome is worth as much as Domi. They're very dumb out there.

Nobody watches other teams; especially AZ. They have no clue that Dylan Strome isn't in our lineup because he doesn't play the style of fast paced play that our coach is striving for and not that if the coach actually adapted the style to fit his actual roster that Strome likely would be on this squad.

Ryan Strome is a worse fit than Dylan. I'm surprised they haven't tried the reunite the brothers angle.

Reactions: Jakey53 and Mosby

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
If we are thinking of moving Domi because we are about to draft one of Tkachuk, Zadina, or Svechnikov why would we trade for another scoring winger? Ryan o'Reilly would be a more likely target (I get the +comment that's about to come) given that Middelstadt is about to join the Sabres.
Lol, ya ok. ROR for Domi. Good luck with that. A one demension guy with 3 goals for a selke caliber 60 point player. Keep dreaming.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Lol, ya ok. ROR for Domi. Good luck with that. A one demension guy with 3 goals for a selke caliber 60 point player. Keep dreaming.
He'll be an expensive 3rd line player next season. Domi is only "available" if it means AZ is upgrading. As part of a package to get ROR would be what AZ would be envisioning. Were u expecting a 5th rounder?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad