Rumor: Max Domi Sucks - Not Being Actively Shopped per Chayka

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Looking at the shit offers for Domi in the trade forum is so much fun! Will this franchise ever be anything more than dreadful at developing talent?

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Looking at the **** offers for Domi in the trade forum is so much fun! Will this franchise ever be anything more than dreadful at developing talent?
I think I have to stop going on trade board. It's gotten worse which I didn't think was possible.

Reactions: Jakey53

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I suppose it's possible it's just made up, see the Stepan example.

But aside from that, to the people saying things along the lines of "oh this team is bad everyone is available for the right price etc etc".

We're not talking about a 25-26 year old a year or two away from being a UFA. Smart teams that value building a locker room culture don't just let certain names float around as available. Keller is not "available". Fischer, Perlini, Chychrun, Dvorak. Are their names floating around? No. Max is only one year past that group. Barring some circumstance like a trade demand, you SHUT DOWN discussions of players in this age group. It's just good business. It's a failing on Chayka's part that this is out there.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Was Treliving a bad GM when Hamilton was "available "? I think we are over reacting to an unsubstantiated report that hasn't been confirmed by any other more respected hockey insider.

I'm partially to blame as I've been Texty LaRue (new nickname?) today on roster ideas.

I made a comment when I put my list together for Keller draft. I had Keller at 8 with a comment about how (with Domi already in the system)could two small playmaking wingers coexist in the top 6 of a team. On that basis I didn't think it was a great "fit"and was all in on Logan Brown.

I see the logic on a Domi move if we are upgrading on the wings with our first pick. That logically makes sense to me. I don't have Domi as an untouchable though. Seems that some of you do. I also lied Horvat better his draft year but I was alone on an island on that one on this board.

Last edited:

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Was Treliving a bad GM when Hamilton was "available "?

It was most definitely a mistake. Dunno about this bad GM stuff, didn't say that. A mistake the GM in Calgary with an actual infrastructure and culture can afford once in awhile on the off chance he brings in more value. It's not a mistake the Coyotes, who are trying to build something from nothing, can afford. There is no return Domi will bring that will equal his upside from a pure value standpoint either so the justification for even discussing the subject is fruitless. Shut it down.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
It was most definitely a mistake. Dunno about this bad GM stuff, didn't say that. A mistake the GM in Calgary with an actual infrastructure and culture can afford once in awhile on the off chance he brings in more value. It's not a mistake the Coyotes, who are trying to build something from nothing, can afford. There is no return Domi will bring that will equal his upside from a pure value standpoint either so the justification for even discussing the subject is fruitless. Shut it down.
Chayka has said numerous times that OEL is absolutely not available. No chance of a trade. All we hear from media is different. Even when you "shut it down" the media makes up stuff anyways. It's an unsubstantiated report that means nothing.

Reactions: Sthlmyote

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
I'd trade Domi without hesitation IF the offer is good (obviously should not be selling low after a season like this). To me Domi is clearly at the bottom in the "top 4 winger depth chart for now and future" with Keller, Perlini and Fischer above him, and therefore expendable. But then again I'm not a fan of the player and think people here are vastly overrating his upside. The key would be to find a GM who thinks that too.

Reactions: Lilhoody and hbk

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Looking at the **** offers for Domi in the trade forum is so much fun! Will this franchise ever be anything more than dreadful at developing talent?
Canucks fans were offering Virtanen. I said Pettersson (cause Horvat and Boeser arent available). They didnt like it.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Canucks fans were offering Virtanen. I said Pettersson (cause Horvat and Boeser arent available). They didnt like it.
I used to think the Yandle trade offers were a whole new realm of idiocy. Then I checked the Domi thread.

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
What would it take to get him to Toronto? Ideally we send Bozak your way as part of the deal, but what would it take on top?

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
I mean it's probably total bogus, anyone can make anything up these days and everybody immediately believes it. Domi's been shit, but so has everyone else. Nobody is excelling playing Tocchet's system-less pond hockey. Imagine trading away our young assets in a futile attempt to find sticky players for sticky Tocchet.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
And I saw a comparison to Yakupov showing their numbers and equating Yakupov's 2nd year to Domi's and saying they are almost identical. They were not.

I really hate this season.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
You should try being an oilers fan on the main trade board sometimes

Yeah but the current Oilers management has a history of dumb trades and signings.

The worst move our current GM has made is he traded a guy who’s scored 5 points in 9 games since for a guy who scored 4 points in 9 games while his team played their best hockey of the season immediately after before suffering a post all star break letdown. Hawks have fallen from a playoff position to a lottery pick.

Perhaps the Oilers can draft another small soft forward to improve things.

Last edited:

Braeden

Jul 14, 2009
Pettersson is untouchable same with Horvat and Boeser. What about Ben Hutton? He's currently the odd man out on the Canucks defence. Could use a change of scenery.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad