Post-Game Talk: Matty's Back And There's Gonna Be Trouble, HeyNah, We Won 5-2

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
That's 2 games in a row we take it to Cup contenders. The lightning game had a tough outcome but the Leafs were really good for a big part of the game.

Yesterday they played against the best team in the league AND faced some terrible calls against in the most important part of the game.

I'm glad we're not in a funk going into the playoffs.

Reactions: Klinton

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
I think it’s time we all admit that Polak belongs on this defence. He’s been really solid and brings the toughness we’re going to need against that little snake Marchand. Babcock’s faith in him has been vindicated.
Polak has been solid lately, despite having to play bigger minutes than he's used to. If he keeps it up, he should be a given in the lineup.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Leafs are developing mental toughness. Can play a bad game and have the ability come back very well.

Regarding Polak, yep he's been playing fine. But I hope Babcock rotates Carrick into the lineup. No use having Carrick sitting out for weeks and longer, then is suddenly needed in the playoffs due to injury. Remember what happened to Marincin last spring. Polak got injured and the rusty Marincin was overwhelmed.

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

mapleleafs34

Apr 7, 2011
I LOVE how we can role 4 lines. It's truly a beautiful thing.

Come playoff time this is gonna be HUGE!

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Last night's game is a reminder why Matthews was the right choice over Laine. 200 foot super skilled player who makes players around him better versus a skilled, pure goal scorer.

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Last night's game is a reminder why Matthews was the right choice over Laine. 200 foot super skilled player who makes players around him better versus a skilled, pure goal scorer.

There was no doubt.
Laine is a great player and goalscorer.
So is Ovechkin....
But Crosby has and always will be the better hockey player.

Same can be said for Matthews...He is a guy you can build your team around, sustain losing guys, and worth every penny because of it. With Laine, like Ovechkin, he is (will be) paid like your best player... when in reality you need the strongest supporting cast in order to succeed.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
The way the leafs played the last few games is really similar to that elite team style we played against the caps in the playoffs. Limiting chances and playing toe to toe with the best.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
20180317_200001-png.106725

Lmao

Klinton

Feb 6, 2017
Leafs are getting better each game. I agree about mental toughness. They are learning and expecting to win every game. They can outgun any team; and over time; they will learn to win close games; and hold onto leads. We can dance with any top team in the league.

White Shadow

Jan 7, 2016
Leafs are getting better each game. I agree about mental toughness. They are learning and expecting to win every game. They can outgun any team; and over time; they will learn to win close games; and hold onto leads. We can dance with any top team in the league.
We are 3rd in the league in 1 goal game winning % with a record if 22 - 4 - 7.

We are 15th in the league and 29 - 2 -2 when leading after 2 periods

We are 9th in the league and 27 - 4 - 1 when leading after 1 period.

Tuesday was the aberration, Thursday was the norm.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Its great having AM back as it make the Leafs more enjoyable to watch and the team more of a contender as the results of this game showed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad